whats the maximum main blade pitch for the align trex 450 v2

please and thank you
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:33 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,266 Posts
Depends on how you want to fly, the rotor rpm, blade length, and how much power the motor, esc, and lipo can provide. Most casual flight is under 9 degree's pitch, you can get most 3D manuvers with 12 degree's, and all out crazy stuff might take as much as you can give it without binding, and bogging it down. To much pitch can also cause the blades to be past the most efficient angle. You can tell when your past the most efficient angle from the blade sound, and the helicopters performance. When checking for binding you need to add the cyclic pitch to the regular pitch. You do this by moving the transmitter cyclic stick to each corner, and the throttle/pitch stick to the top, and bottom of its travel, while checking for binding.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:50 AM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
Depends on how you want to fly, the rotor rpm, blade length, and how much power the motor, esc, and lipo can provide. Most casual flight is under 9 degree's pitch, you can get most 3D manuvers with 12 degree's, and all out crazy stuff might take as much as you can give it without binding, and bogging it down. To much pitch can also cause the blades to be past the most efficient angle. You can tell when your past the most efficient angle from the blade sound, and the helicopters performance. When checking for binding you need to add the cyclic pitch to the regular pitch. You do this by moving the transmitter cyclic stick to each corner, and the throttle/pitch stick to the top, and bottom of its travel, while checking for binding.
thanks rob
im wanting to do some mild 3d tic tocs etc but watch this video the bird is using a scorpion 6 the head speed sounds good but it flips over to slow.
i want it to flip fast but i dont want it to be to twitchy

i have it at 12- 12+ was at 9+ and 7 neg in this video
you think increasing the pitch like i did will help it a long ?
killer exi 450 inverted nose in mild 3d at the field (2 min 2 sec)
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:48 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,266 Posts
To do flips, and rolls you need aileron, and elevator pitch. Hard to hear the helicopter because of the music. So you'll have to tell if it was bogging. If so it could be the throttle curve. For 3D about 10 degree's cyclic pitch is fairly good, but will be really close to binding, with the sticks in the corners. I would start around 12 degree's pitch, with around 8 to 10 degree's cyclic. Then back it off, if it bogs to much, or binds. The more head speed you have, the less pitch is needed.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,057 Posts
you also need to remember , if you have , say flying at around 7 to 8 degrees of regular head pitch, adding 6 or 10 aileron or elevator pitch to it will add to 14 to 18 degrees of total pitch .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Aug 2009
873 Posts
how does this one sound i didnt run it with music so you can here the bird better

if i go over 3000 rpm i get a big growl sound that causes the gyro to go nuts
as long as i dont go over 2900 its ok ill get it figured out one day

happy fathers day tarot zyx DFC low profile head exi 450 nose in landing and lift off practice (5 min 26 sec)
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:50 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,266 Posts
Sounds like it has plenty of power, and the cyclic looks fast enough to do most 3d.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Aug 2009
873 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like it has plenty of power, and the cyclic looks fast enough to do most 3d.
thanks brother i followed you guys advice and checked and adjusted my cyclic pitch to 7 degrees with 12 degrees of collective pitch gotta test it out today
thank you all
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:12 AM
Joined Aug 2009
873 Posts
Quote:
well after 12 degrees pitch and 7 degrees cyclic pitch it still seems like its not gonna roll and flip fast enough maybe some kbdd extreme paddles ?
how is the image quality ? telescopic zoom test killer exi 450 cyclic response test. (6 min 24 sec)

im using 30% expo maybe ill try zero expo in indle up to speed up the rotations
Last edited by wc_wickedclown; Jun 19, 2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:52 AM
www.scaleflying.com
Humble, Texas
Joined May 2009
238 Posts
One thing to remember is that the -6 motor doesn't have the higher torque of the -8

I've found it's sweet spot for power around 3200rpms, and around 12degrees of collective pitch and 11degrees of cyclic pitch on my fbl 450Pro
rovpilot26 is online now Find More Posts by rovpilot26
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Aug 2009
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovpilot26 View Post
One thing to remember is that the -6 motor doesn't have the higher torque of the -8

I've found it's sweet spot for power around 3200rpms, and around 12degrees of collective pitch and 11degrees of cyclic pitch on my fbl 450Pro
thank you
i checked my throttle curve and idle up was at 85 percent
here is a taste of 100 percent it seems much better

wide angle lens test jvc everio HD killer exi trex 450 clone 100% head speed test. (5 min 9 sec)
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:05 PM
www.scaleflying.com
Humble, Texas
Joined May 2009
238 Posts
Awesome!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Aug 2009
873 Posts
you guys think if i used less expo it might flip and roll faster ? i should i increase the dual rate ?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
www.scaleflying.com
Humble, Texas
Joined May 2009
238 Posts
Less expo, and also increase the cyclic pitch range. Just make sure that there is no binding in the corners
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:56 PM
peoria,az
Joined Sep 2009
491 Posts
just let me play with it a day and itll be the fastest thing you ever seen.
mattox is offline Find More Posts by mattox