HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:17 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
sorry to hear of your ills ,hopeing you can feel better ,and bless your poor Mom ,im sure she misses your Dad . i gave the guy a link to this thread so hopfully he will E-mail you .only advice i have is eat some raw cashews. suppose to help you not be depressed. im sure this year has been very hard on you and your family.
Thanks for the advice I will try the cashews. The depression caused my stomach ulcers to bleed which caused a deficiency of potassium which caused my heart to go into the early stages of heart failure. So they pumped me up with potassium and steroids. My problems now are the withdrawal effects of the strong drugs they had to give me. It wil take about 2 more months to wean off these drugs.

We were vacationing in Brazil once and went shopping with a Brazilian friend. We saw some strange looking fruit in the grocery store and he told us that is a cashew fruit. The actual cashew nut is inside and is the seed. Do not eat the fruit, just the seed, he warned us.

So my wife, who is more adventurous than she needs to be, buys one and and in the hotel cuts open the fruit. It has an oily discharge so she touches it and puts her finger on her tongue to see how it tastes. A day later she almost died and ended up in hospital with spinal menengitis. Thank heavens they don't sell that stuff here. It is poison and they sell it openly in the grocery store.
awrightbrother is online now Find More Posts by awrightbrother
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:52 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,774 Posts
WoW that must have been scarey, man i hope you will feel better .take care and keep in touch my prayer will be with you .
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:06 AM
Florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,504 Posts
Quote:
WoW that must have been scarey, man i hope you will feel better .take care and keep in touch my prayer will be with you .
Scarey is the word. Here is what Wikipedia says about the cashew fruit.

The true fruit of the cashew tree is a kidney or boxing-glove shaped drupe that grows at the end of the cashew apple. The drupe develops first on the tree, and then the pedicel expands to become the cashew apple. Within the true fruit is a single seed, the cashew nut. Although a nut in the culinary sense, in the botanical sense the nut of the cashew is a seed. The seed is surrounded by a double shell containing an allergenic phenolic resin, anacardic acid, a potent skin irritant chemically related to the better-known allergenic oil urushiol which is also a toxin found in the related poison ivy. Properly roasting cashews destroys the toxin, but it must be done outdoors as the smoke (not unlike that from burning poison ivy) contains urushiol droplets which can cause severe, sometimes life-threatening, reactions by irritating the lungs. People who are allergic to cashew urushiols may also react to mango or pistachio which are also in the Anacardiaceae family. Some people are allergic to cashew nuts, but cashews are a less frequent allergen than nuts or peanuts.[4]
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:20 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,774 Posts
yikes i really like cashew nuts ....but man now i really dont know .
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:42 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,504 Posts
Quote:
yikes i really like cashew nuts ....but man now i really dont know .

Here is a picture of the cashew fruit. The cashew seed or nut you are eating is just fine and is inside the green thing hanging below..Don't touch or eat the yellow or the green parts.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,774 Posts
the things you learn on RCG
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:27 PM
Ellington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Apr 2001
1,022 Posts
I saw one of those food shows on TLC or the History Channel, where the guy goes to foreign countries and eats unusual food. They showed women cracking open the 'shell' to get the cashew nut (seed) out. THEY WERE ALL WEARING GLOVES.

He said some part of the cashew apple is edible, and is sold in the local markets, but since it rots quickly it isn't exported
JimF is offline Find More Posts by JimF
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:26 AM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Good to see you are ok Fahim. Those plants in south America are can be dangerous. The Mail lady delivered me a package of small fan parts afew years back. There was a note on the box, but I threw it a side and ripped open the box and was messing with the fans when I noticed my skin and eye's started to burn. so I grabbed the note and start reading to find out my package was contaminated with a product called neem oil. It grows in a bush in South America. it actually started producing this neem oil to keep the bugs and insects off it. Well as I read on to find out that if I contacted it I better call the posion control center. I did and the guy told me to get in the shower asap and hold my eye's open under the running water for 15 minutes I about was drowning I come out with my eye's blood shot and blurry like I come out of a pool swimming under water for hours. I called the mail lady and she apoligized up and down saying I was going to take the package back but I figured I would just deliver it. I went online after and found that they use this oil to spray our vegtable's and stuff to keep the bug's off of them. Lesson learned read the note before opening the package.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:24 PM
Jesus
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
t-38

Fahim you can put me down for one I'll check the wowplanes website to see when they will be available..

regards

Jesus
recoil1701 is offline Find More Posts by recoil1701
Old Mar 22, 2013, 06:56 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil1701 View Post
Fahim you can put me down for one I'll check the wowplanes website to see when they will be available..

regards

Jesus
you'll have to contact me for the ducting ...just pm me for details.
Old May 09, 2013, 03:20 PM
Joined May 2013
1 Posts
where did everybody go.

Hope every one is ok....anymore pics on this buid???
Fly Cat is offline Find More Posts by Fly Cat
Old May 09, 2013, 05:13 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,504 Posts
They have moved on to:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797877
Old Jul 08, 2013, 10:35 AM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
896 Posts
I thought that maybe bumping this thread up along with Air Sally's as linked above, will show that there is still interest in this build and kit.
Since this thread holds a vast amount of the initial build in both discussion and photos, i think that when hopefully, some of us start up their build, we can continue posting the pics in this thread. to keep from jumping around.

We will see!!!
sam51401 is online now Find More Posts by sam51401
Old Jul 08, 2013, 12:38 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,977 Posts
Thanks for reminding me, I was waiting for a foam blank to be made for the nose and the turtle deck since I did not want the plastic pieces, I will check if those are available yet.

Fahim???

Ralph
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Last edited by CRCJA; Jul 08, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2013, 03:16 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,504 Posts
Sam told me you were looking for a T38. I have a kit.
http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=211

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
I'd be in for a 90-100mm version. Either T38, F-5, or F-20.