Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotorc4 View Post
Fahim,
How about making the Iranian Saeqeh (Thunderbolt),
all it is a copy of an F-5 with twin tails.
Pretty cool looking, just buy a kit and make an extra vertical, or maybe just pay a little extra for a second vertical.

I saw the F-5/T-38 "Great Planes" episode on the Military Chanel the other day. Pretty good video, it`s probably on youtube. It explains some of the evolution of the airframe from inception thru the Tiger II.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:07 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,832 Posts
i liked the part where they showed the f5a doing short field takeoffs and landi gs on q dirt strip
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:32 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,268 Posts
yeah i watched the vid ...it was really a great little jet ,i think yeager was asked what plane he'd liked best for a dog fight .....he said a F-5 with a side winder missle
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:57 AM
Florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbrander View Post
Fahim - how about the ATG Javelin after the T-38. Smokin' hot and would almost be the same design...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotorc4 View Post
Fahim, How about making the Iranian Saeqeh (Thunderbolt), all it is a copy of an F-5 with twin tails.
It's all doable, just need 10 people to commit, and after I get my family situation settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
Fahim, I think you have another winner here.
Thanks. Much of the credit goes to all here for the help.
awrightbrother is offline Find More Posts by awrightbrother
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:14 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,739 Posts
Fahim please do the F20 in the same size.
Robert Belluomini is online now Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:54 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,268 Posts
i had a succsessful weekend in vegas madiening my all composite F-20 ,today i got the plugs prepped for layups ,i'll start tomarrow.
Fahim what is the latest from your end ? any good news about your father?.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:23 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,263 Posts
AS been following the big T-38 saga on the Ace in the hole thread. Looks like a great meet I'll make a effort to make next year. Sucks to see they both has issues. I'm still in on your ducts.
I also hope Fahim's dad is still on the road to recovery.

Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:37 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,268 Posts
i laid up the first set today ,the preping ,cutting cloth, and doing the lay up took about 2 hrs,it will take atleast one more hour to seam them both,then i'll get pics up . one guy has already made payment so he will get the first set ,i've been holding his money long enough i hav'nt herd from anyone else ,but maybe they are waiting to get there kits from Fahim.they should be shipping pretty soon ...i hope.then i need to start the exhust ducting pretty soon . i need to rebuild my Cars engine so that will take up some of my time .
the big 1/4 scale T-38 that flew at Vegas really cool ,they were very stable and came off the ground at very low speeds. i think the Wow planes size will be really good and have some great performance.if we can get these to weigh between 7-9 lbs we are going to have big smiles on our faces.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:47 PM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
1,016 Posts
hey AS, im in for the complete ducts and yes i am waiting for the kit to show up and start the explaining to the wife i will have another project. Im still tweaking the A10 and in need of a beefed up nose gear so working on that.
I havent heard from Fahim and i to hope things are improving. He did send me the other two sets of LS i ordered while he was home.
sam51401 is online now Find More Posts by sam51401
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:58 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
i laid up the first set today ,the preping ,cutting cloth, and doing the lay up took about 2 hrs,it will take atleast one more hour to seam them both,then i'll get pics up . one guy has already made payment so he will get the first set ,i've been holding his money long enough i hav'nt herd from anyone else ,but maybe they are waiting to get there kits from Fahim.they should be shipping pretty soon ...i hope.then i need to start the exhust ducting pretty soon . i need to rebuild my Cars engine so that will take up some of my time .
the big 1/4 scale T-38 that flew at Vegas really cool ,they were very stable and came off the ground at very low speeds. i think the Wow planes size will be really good and have some great performance.if we can get these to weigh between 7-9 lbs we are going to have big smiles on our faces.
Please PM me you payment preference and cost on intake and exhaust ducts and I'll get payment sent to you.

Mike
Last edited by mike2663; Oct 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:17 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
2,016 Posts
+1

+1

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post
Please PM me you payment preference and cost on intake and exhaust ducts and I'll get payment sent to you.

Mike
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:19 AM
MYC
Inconceivable!
USA, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2005
1,947 Posts
+2

Mark-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
+1

Ralph
MYC is online now Find More Posts by MYC
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:31 AM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,263 Posts
Great to see there's still a lot of interest in this project. I've cleared the tables ordered my Jet fan 90 and HET motor and am ready to roll on this. Hope you guys are ready to get your brains picked.

Mike
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,537 Posts
Update

Dad's making progress slowly but surely in rehab, considering he is 92 going on 93. So far so good. I don't want to make any predictions because at his age things can change on a dime. Hoping and praying for smooth sailing though.

The kits were ready and boxed, waiting for plastics from Sparky. They arrived last week but one part was missing, and he has shipped that now. Wife will start shipping the kits as soon as she has the missing part.

I am looking forward to your builds. My build will have to wait till I get back home and go thru rehab myself

Remember: "Everything will be alright in the end, and if it is not, then it means we are not at the end yet"

Fahim
awrightbrother is offline Find More Posts by awrightbrother
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:35 PM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
1,016 Posts
Good to hear Fahim!

Looking forward to another Wowplanes build.

FYI, the A-10 is still going strong with the exception of the retracts. Just got off the phone with Robart about thier new electric series and sounds really good. More news to follow for sure.
sam51401 is online now Find More Posts by sam51401