SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:44 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401 View Post
I ended up with two CS 12blade fans to try out in the A10 later down the road. As to the fans letting go, i think its hit and miss but with this particular fan, you are taking chances but sometimes you come out ahead.
Another reason i believe that AS is checking the fit and sizing is that other people will want to build this plane and not have to shell out twice what the kit cost just for a fan unit and then have to shell more for the motor and ESC combo. Not everyone in this hobby can afford to buy $200-400 fans to have fun. The best marketing direction and thinking allows for a wide range of units to be used by one set of ducts with very little or no modification on the builders part to make it work.
I agree and realize the CS fans are having problems so as with all items in this hobby, you use at your own risk based on user feedback and weigh the risk to the expected outcome.
Example as maybe being the little orange 2.4 recievers, even with the issues and reports of failures peole are still buying and using them.

Great work AS and looking forward to some pics on the fist set of ducts.
I understand why but still don't feel it's worth the risk. I would rather build one or two less birds a year than risk losing one to cheaper questionable components when I can prevent it. Receivers are a perfect example. Why risk it when you might not only lose a bird but might jut do personal injury to someone or property at the same time. To me it's all about being responsible and eliminating weak links were I can. There will always a risk but minimizing them is our responsibility.

I don't want too derail the thread but it's just something to think about.

Mike.
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:41 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,270 Posts
this is why i m making it fit both ,i m using the jetfan 90mm but i know a lot of guys will use other fans ,there are so many to choose from these days ,plus the way i seam these i can make it fit what ever is out there ...so long as i have a shroud to match it to.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:03 PM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
1,017 Posts
I agree Mike, as long as free trade between China and the rest of the world goes on, there will always be that risk factor to figure in and consider. Bottom line, it all depends on how deep your hobby fund account can back reducing the risk factor envolved.

Hope Fahim's dad is making better progress on the recovery.

Looking forward to flying one of Fahim's kits at EJets this next weekend along with a fellow builder on here by the name of JayRay123. We plan on keeping the meet safe from any attacks, where ever they may come from with our A-10's!!!!!!
sam51401 is online now Find More Posts by sam51401
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:34 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,270 Posts
sanded the plugs today ...dang it ...i need one more coat to make them perfect.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:20 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Hang in there Roger, Knowing you you won't call it done unless it's right.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:30 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,270 Posts
wax on wax off .....just wanted to get as best i can before adding release agent ,after that it harder to get paint to stick.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:26 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,263 Posts
I'm sure the end result will be worth all the effort.

Mike
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:23 AM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,263 Posts
AS how are the ducts coming along?

Mike
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,270 Posts
i just need to final sand them ,then make a set .been busy with a blown motor in my go to work car,other projects that need to be done by oct. making parts for customers,and having a colonascopy done ...fun stuff .hope to get a set off the molds soon .hope we can get this plane back on track .
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:26 PM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
1,017 Posts
Im just checking in and to give this thread a bump up the ladder.

Fahim, any updates on your dad. Hope things are still improving.

AS, You really have your hands full from the the sound of it.
sam51401 is online now Find More Posts by sam51401
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:27 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,270 Posts
yeah ...im digging my way out slowly but surely ,i may get a duct layed up on sat if i dont have to work.dont know how long Fahim will be out ...it has bought me a little extra time ...but not a good way to get it .had hopes of flying one of these in vegas in oct ...oh well next year.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:58 AM
OUCH!!!
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
I'm right there with you guys in line. Really got my interest sparked. Best wishes to your dad Fahim.

Jay
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:39 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,270 Posts
i wonder how his DAD is doing ....we hav'nt herd from him in a while?i may try to lay up a duct on SAT. ...if i dont have to work.i have a lot going on too so we'll see. hope we can get this going so we will have the winter months to build.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:55 AM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,263 Posts
It's been real quite hope things are still going in the right direction for his Dad. In the meantime I'm just acquiring the necessities to get this project completed.

Mike
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Aug 2008
540 Posts
Can't wait for you guys to to get the first few kits through the build process and work out any kinks in the kit. I'll learn from you experts and then try my hand at it once I see how it's done.
So C'mon hurry it up already!
Hopefully things are progessing well with Fahim's Dad.
Like many of you I have been through this and it is not fun.

al
rossaer is offline Find More Posts by rossaer