HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
Discussion
Anyone had this issue?

Just threw a HF Sport on an old VIC frame for tooling around and practice. I am using Scorpion motors and 18amp turnigy esc with a 3s batt. Leftovers from my first quad. I set everything up as before on my previous HF Pro builds. I am sure it is something simple that I have done wrong. I set all the throttle end points one at a time but had no luck. Here is what happens when I try to arm the board. what do you guys think?

HF Sport Troubleshoot (1 min 58 sec)

Also ALWAYS take your props off while bench testing.

cheers
Huck Norris.
Huck Norris is offline Find More Posts by Huck Norris
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Feb 2006
727 Posts
Im not sure you can calibrate all escs at a time through a sport board but if it' s possible I would cycle the power after that and not directly run the engines. Just a suggestion.
elossam is online now Find More Posts by elossam
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
just tried that.

same scenario begins after that. I am stumped.

strange that i can power the motors without ever arming the board. Even if it is only intermittent.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:02 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
The SPORT Does not have the "Calibrate All ESCs at Once" feature.

Calibrate the ESCs one at a time using the receiver.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
copy that.

I did calibrate them individualy. I will try again. Does that look like the issue going from the wierd blinky lights and such?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
Re calibrated trottle end points. Re Flashed firmware checked all connections.

When I power up the board I get the first initial tone that sounds good. Then it just starts the random beeping and the motors start chiming in like in the video. if I press the throttle i can get it to spin up without arming but then the red light goes on and the beeping cycle continues.

any Ideas?

Cheers
Huck