HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BThirsk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:20 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Mini-HowTo
MJX F45 mods and information

Here is the english manual for the F45.

Here is a link to a 2000mah 2s 7.4 volt battery that will give better flight times and uses the stock JST plug.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html

Replacement Servo Arm only.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...607964825.html

These are the parts I use for my brushless conversion. Prices where those in effect at time of purchase. MJX is full brushless now with new Flysky receiver running 11.1 volts for main motor and receiver system and a separate 7.4 volt battery for the tail ESC.
MJX F45 testing (3 min 45 sec)
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Nov 05, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:56 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,116 Posts
I'm trying to educate myself on doing brushless conversions. The pictures and links to the parts you use are helpful but is there a manual on "How To"? You know, directions, pictures of what wires go where, etc. Your title above "English Manual For F45 PLUS BRUSHLESS CONVERSION" indicates there is such but maybe I don't know how to download it or find it. I see the F45 manual but it doesn't have anything on brushless conversions. I don't own an F-45 yet but do have a DH 9116. Could I use the same parts you've listed here for that Brushless conversion?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Don
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
There is no manual. I will write something up this weekend and post here.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:20 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
There is no manual. I will write something up this weekend and post here.
Thanks
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:38 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Hook up

There really is not much to wiring this conversion.
On your ESC, You have 3 wire on one end that will all go to the motor. Just solder plugs on them and on the motor and that part is done.
On the other end, there are 2 power wires that you need to solder on a plug to fit your battery type making sure to coordinate the red and black so they match the red and black on the battery.
You then have only the servo plug left to plug into the throttle servo port on the PCB. Make sure you have thye white wire facing the same direction as the 2 existing plugs.
When installing the new brushless motor, you will need to enlongegate the screw holes for adjustment of the motor for proper gear clearance. You will also have to grind some material from the front of the motor mount area for the wires to pass through.
I use 11.1 Volts dedicated for the Main motor and a smae 7.4 Volt battery to supply the PCB, Servos, and tail motor. This just needs to be plugged into the stock battery location.

The prefered method of powering up is the plug in the 7.4 volt battery, bind the TX, and after it is bound, plug in the 11.1 volt battery to the brushless ESC. It will go through it's initialization beeps and then you are ready to fly.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
What type of tail motor did you used? How many KV of tail and main motor? I have 5000kv outrunner brushless.. Is it suitable for main motor? The reinforce blade is for esky lama?
izz999 is offline Find More Posts by izz999
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:46 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by izz999 View Post
What type of tail motor did you used? How many KV of tail and main motor? I have 5000kv outrunner brushless.. Is it suitable for main motor? The reinforce blade is for esky lama?
I have not converted the tail yet. I have a 2000kv motor for it.
A 5000kv would be fine with 9 or 10 tooth pinion on 7.4 volts. It is too fast for 11.1 volts.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
I have not converted the tail yet. I have a 2000kv motor for it.
A 5000kv would be fine with 9 or 10 tooth pinion on 7.4 volts. It is too fast for 11.1 volts.
What type of motor and brand for that 2000kv? Is it ok im not use air cool for stock tail motor? About the main blades, you used the esky for honey bee? Im going to use stock pinion on 7.4v instead of mod pinion and 11.1v.. Kinda fast..
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
What type of motor and brand for that 2000kv? Is it ok im not use air cool for stock tail motor? About the main blades, you used the esky for honey bee? Im going to use stock pinion on 7.4v instead of mod pinion and 11.1v.. Kinda fast..
The tail motor is a turnigy 1811-2000.
The blades are Extreme production made for honey bee. Just some small modding to make them fit. The hole needs to be enlarged and the outer part of the root needs a little grinding. You also need a small shim to get rid of clearance between the blade root and blade holder.
The stock pinion and 7.4 volt will be just fine with the blade change.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
The tail motor is a turnigy 1811-2000.
The blades are Extreme production made for honey bee. Just some small modding to make them fit. The hole needs to be enlarged and the outer part of the root needs a little grinding. You also need a small shim to get rid of clearance between the blade root and blade holder.
The stock pinion and 7.4 volt will be just fine with the blade change.
Is it the same blade with yours?

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/4X-246mm-...#ht_3168wt_922
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:15 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
NO. That blade won't work because it is for a collective pitch heli. This one is what what I use.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=2626
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:24 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Added brushless tail motor and new receiver system

I just got finished converting my MJX to full brushless.
I used a Turnigy 9X transmitter and a FlySky 6ch Receiver I had from a 450.
I used a HK401B Gyro just because I had some extras and it was convenient to try.
The motor is a T1811-2000 2000KV Turnigy with a Hobby King Plush 6 amp Speed controller. I disconnect the Red wire from the speed controller to the Gyro because the Gryo is supplied power from the receiver.
The receiver is supplied power from the Main motor ESC which is running 11.1 Volts supplied by a 1500mah 11.1 volt battery..
The Tail ESC and motor is supplied power by a 500mah 7.4 volt battery.
The binding procedure is, turn on the transmitter and set throttle hold, plug in the main 11.1 volt battery and wait to bind, then plug in the 7.4 volt tail motor ESC and wait for it to initialize.
I am using the stock F45 blade and have too much power. I had to de-tune the tail motor output and am still tuning the gyro system. I have pretty much got ride of the tail wag. I have a 1500kv motor I may try that would result in lower output, probably closer to what is required.
Update: After I set the rudder throttle range on the tail motor ESC, all the tail wag went away and the rudder response is normal. I have the rudder exponential at 30% which makes it very smooth.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:06 PM
Starting in R/C Helicopters
Brazil, MT, Juara
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
BThirsk Hello! Look here I am again .. kk!

Sorry, but I have the same doubt Buddy Up! Say I'm going to do the conversion of the main engine for brushless first.

I have to solder some wires to the motor and the controller card? I do not understand much of it. Well, the battery 500mha, I just call the normal way instead of the original battery, right? I need adapters, use the same case for you you use? And for another, what changes should I make? Example: I put a brushless motor in place of the original engine. The speed controller, and battery that goes only to the main engine, where I care?

If you can help thank you very much! Hugs!
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:01 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Hi guys, I notecied almost everyone is using the EH200 which is very often out of stock on HK. Are there any other motors I can use for brushless AC mod?

Between, isn't there a FAQ about RC parts? I still didnt get what does means those 1800KV, 4200KV and inrunner/outrunner at the motors, then 2S and 20S at the batteries etc. Im an amateur, I'm browsing about RC almost 3 days nonstop and there is still a lot of thing I dont understand
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:03 AM
Starting in R/C Helicopters
Brazil, MT, Juara
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
Hi guys, I notecied almost everyone is using the EH200 which is very often out of stock on HK. Are there any other motors I can use for brushless AC mod?

Between, isn't there a FAQ about RC parts? I still didnt get what does means those 1800KV, 4200KV and inrunner/outrunner at the motors, then 2S and 20S at the batteries etc. Im an amateur, I'm browsing about RC almost 3 days nonstop and there is still a lot of thing I dont understand
KV is the motor power.

In runner is a motor for stage length indoors.
Out Runner is a motor for stage length in the open.

About 1S, 2S, 3S, occurs by the number of battery cells. For Brushless motors, depending on their power, as the EH200, we use a 3S battery. Any questions just post.

I heard about the 2625 Brushless Motor, if you look for it!
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio