HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:21 AM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
Good day Letsstart78. The settings in the 9116 manuel are very difficult to understand. But the more you read it the more sense it makes. I had to read it several times. But what helped me the most, is the forum wizard, AKA Stormforce.Go to Double horse 9116 Heli - page 4.
Look at #57, Dec23, 2011, Post by Stormforce. He explained step by step how to setup the TX with the default settings. Also the heli in the video is set for mode 1. After you push the menu button, push the up or down botton to switch to mode 2. Then go through the default settings.All heli settings very just a little bit. But this really helped me get on track, as it will you. Fly high. And thanks again Stromforce.
OldSpool is offline Find More Posts by OldSpool
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:36 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsstart78 View Post
I have a problem with my brand new 9116. i didnt record the video i have found it on youtube ..i have the same problem
If the problem is that the motors stop, then check your battery with a digital voltmeter. Should be 8.4 volts fully charged.

DH9116 thread - they will help with problems
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...40154&page=205
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:31 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSpool View Post
Good day Letsstart78. The settings in the 9116 manuel are very difficult to understand. But the more you read it the more sense it makes. I had to read it several times. But what helped me the most, is the forum wizard, AKA Stormforce.Go to Double horse 9116 Heli - page 4.
Look at #57, Dec23, 2011, Post by Stormforce. He explained step by step how to setup the TX with the default settings. Also the heli in the video is set for mode 1. After you push the menu button, push the up or down botton to switch to mode 2. Then go through the default settings.All heli settings very just a little bit. But this really helped me get on track, as it will you. Fly high. And thanks again Stromforce.
thanks for the reply. I did set up mt tx. still same problem. thanks though
letsstart78 is offline Find More Posts by letsstart78
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:39 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, D & G
Joined Apr 2012
25 Posts
Having seen the video this would happen if the battery was not fully charged. Basically when the motor fires up the batt cant maintain the voltage and the heli cuts. Could also be a faulty charger or battery. If they are both ok next cause would be control board. Best first step would be trying another battery.
jamiedg is offline Find More Posts by jamiedg
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Is it possible to setup the DH9116 tx for mode 3 or mode 4?
zingz is offline Find More Posts by zingz
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingz View Post
Is it possible to setup the DH9116 tx for mode 3 or mode 4?
Better to forget the 3 channel habits and learn mode 2 or mode 1. You will likely destroy the DH9116 transmitter trying to change it.

You will find conversion information for swapping Mode1/2.and maybe Mode 3/4

DH9116 thread. Click on Stormforce name on left
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post22034024
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:29 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Kind of a silly question but, if you reverse the settings for the V911, will it effect the settings for the DH9116?
Not familiar with the DH 9116 TX. Does it have memory? Was contemplating getting a DH9116 and if the TX can reduce the sensitivity of the rudder for the V911 it would be a win-win situation until I get the new T9xR - if it ever gets released.
I have not checked - the T9x does bind to the DH 9116?

Was wondering the same thing regarding the settings being saved. I see some V911s available as BNF for only $25.00 and wanted to snag one. Now that I see the Tx from my 9116 will work I just need to know if these changes will frag things up.

Thanks
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
i have a problem with my Dh9116, the heli flies but it did not response to forward/backward control, left/right control. it did responde to rudder control, up/down control well.
i am using the default set up with Q D/R, the 2 servo sticks moved freely. can anyone tell me how to resolve this problems thanks
evandale is offline Find More Posts by evandale
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:37 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evandale View Post
i have a problem with my Dh9116, the heli flies but it did not response to forward/backward control, left/right control. it did responde to rudder control, up/down control well.
i am using the default set up with Q D/R, the 2 servo sticks moved freely. can anyone tell me how to resolve this problems thanks

Ask in the DH9116 thread. Plenty of experienced people there.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...40154&page=217

You do not have to add throttle for the servos to work. So look at the servos and see if the white plastic arms and pushrods move when you move the Elevator and Aileron stick. You should also be able to hear the servos.

Remove the canopy and check that the servos are plugged into the electronic Printed Circuit Board (PCB). The two servo connectors each have three wires and are alongside each other at a corner of the PCB.

Since throttle and rudder work, it means nearly everything else is working correctly.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
thank you ribble, i am new here. let me rewording my problem.

the sevos move ok, the white plastic arms and pushrods move when i move the Elevator and Aileron stick, there is no obstruction. when i fly the heli i cannot have the heli to follow forward/backward, left/right stick movemet, the heli just drifting by itself.
another thing is i cannot maintain the heli at certain height, it is either too high or too low(it jumps) when i adjust the throtte stick--is this because i do not know how to fly it or something else.
so basically my question is how to fly the 9116 so it respnses to the stick movements.

i have visited other links you mentioned, it had too many pages(but i have read it all). will it be better if i asked this question on that link. thanks again
evandale is offline Find More Posts by evandale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:43 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evandale View Post
the sevos move ok, the white plastic arms and pushrods move when i move the Elevator and Aileron stick, there is no obstruction. when i fly the heli i cannot have the heli to follow forward/backward, left/right stick movemet, the heli just drifting by itself
As a guess, you have to get the DH9116 to eye level. Lift off quickly to get above ground effect. Very hard to control close to the ground.

Yes, ask in the DH9116 thread, smart people there.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post22444156
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
I've tried repeatedly but can't get the 9116 Tx to bind with my V911. I've read more than once that it's doable but no dice.

I've printed your steps to set it up once it does bind.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:04 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
V911 Binding
Transmitter off, throttle minimum
Helicopter on
Transmitter on quickly while V911 LED is blinking fast
You may have to turn the transmitter OFF and ON after V911 LED blinks slow again
V911 LED is on solid after good binding.

More ideas
Hold the throttle stick down against the minimum position when turning transmitter on
After transmitter on, push throttle full, then back to minimum
Adjust the transmitter throttle trim to minimum
Try with transmitter closer to V911
Try with transmitter farther from V911
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Ribble the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
V911 Binding
Transmitter off, throttle minimum
Helicopter on
Transmitter on quickly while V911 LED is blinking fast
You may have to turn the transmitter OFF and ON after V911 LED blinks slow again
V911 LED is on solid after good binding.

More ideas
Hold the throttle stick down against the minimum position when turning transmitter on
After transmitter on, push throttle full, then back to minimum
Adjust the transmitter throttle trim to minimum
Try with transmitter closer to V911
Try with transmitter farther from V911
Thanks for the key piece which was to make the bind while the V911 LED is blinking fast.

One Remote to Rule Them All
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
I had the same problem its 1 or 2 things check your controller set the settings back to the factory settings if you changed the settings im gonna say you have a bad board i had to replace my board and its fine but also check and make sure your battery is fully charged i hope this helps the board for the heli is $12.00 but you can shop around to see if its cheaper in your area regardless they all come from china best of luck my frend.
ayoung040 is offline Find More Posts by ayoung040