HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:44 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Confirmed. Inner motors are CW, outers are CCW.

I've sent an email to Walkera to ask for a manual or explanation. I'll let everyone know if I learn something.

Rafa
I heard back from Lily at Walkera. She says that they are working on the instruction set to convert from 8 to 4 rotors. If I see an instruction set, I will post it, obviously.

Seems like it will be as easy as removing the long arms, changing two of the rotors, and changing where everything gets plugged in at the rx.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:48 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
With what I am spending on the ladybird, I cannot imagine what the maintenance bill would be like on this one. Definitely has the wow factor though!
What have you had to spend $ on with the Ladybird? The only parts I've had to replace so far have been some bent props. Other than that, I've CA'ed the motor holders back onto the booms after a crash. The motors are starting to get noisy, but still work well. I'd say I'm up to 80 flights or so on the LB. (knock on wood!)

BTW, I enjoyed reading your Super FP review from last month. Good work!

Rafa
Old Jun 15, 2012, 02:40 AM
Hobbyone
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsak View Post
Any idea when parts will be available?

The Space Walker parts will be available next Monday or Tuesday from Hobbyone.
one01 is offline Find More Posts by one01
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:30 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,266 Posts
Thanks Rafa, I've replaced every part other than the rx board... It might be because I fly outside almost daily and over almost nothing but concrete (hundreds of flights at least). I've found that the motors go at different rates, the new ones are better...the original ones wear out quite rapidly and get stuck during crashes quite easily.
That said, it is one of the best things I've flown in my 10 years of experience so far. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Space Walker is too! Good job on the review
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:38 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I heard back from Lily at Walkera. She says that they are working on the instruction set to convert from 8 to 4 rotors. If I see an instruction set, I will post it, obviously.

Seems like it will be as easy as removing the long arms, changing two of the rotors, and changing where everything gets plugged in at the rx.

Rafa
Yep - that sounds about right. After all these are brushed motors and therefore easy to change their rotation direction by reversing the voltage applied.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jun 15, 2012, 04:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
This graphic on Walkera's website implies that it can run with just 4 arms:

http://www.walkera.com/en1/particula...QR_SPACEWALKER

if so, it is LB's brother.
happy guy is offline Find More Posts by happy guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 15, 2012, 04:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Could it carry the walkera camera? It weights ~7grams. I think better than the LB.

wonderful idea. If with camera, I wanna one.
happy guy is offline Find More Posts by happy guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=NNpAEv4WdgQ

Just found this. Next question is will be able to update the "Ladybird" so we can buy new frame, extra motors and 4 long booms to turn the "ladybird" into a "space walker". Or extra motors and 3 short booms and motor mounts and turn it into a "Scorpion"? Here's to hoping!
Ryanh is offline Find More Posts by Ryanh
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Oops try this.

9imod.com-Walkera QR spacewalker to QR ladybird (4 Axis) 8 Axis to 4 Axis (6 min 10 sec)
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,269 Posts
Question is, why changing a skywalker into a Ladybug? Why not just but a ladybug, instead????

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Rafa was mentioning how he thought the Ladybird was quicker at flip/roll recovery. And if you can add motors to a ladybird it might be enough extra thrust people are looking for to lift their cams and such.

Plus!! Half the fun for me when I got my first 3ch helis (the "Litehawk XL") and then the syma s107) was modding the sh*t out of to see what speed/thrust I could get out of 'em.

"STOCK is fun 'til something breaks.... Then you make it better"
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanh View Post
Rafa was mentioning how he thought the Ladybird was quicker at flip/roll recovery. And if you can add motors to a ladybird it might be enough extra thrust people are looking for to lift their cams and such.

Plus!! Half the fun for me when I got my first 3ch helis (the "Litehawk XL") and then the syma s107) was modding the sh*t out of to see what speed/thrust I could get out of 'em.

Sure, I get this. But turning a skywalker into a ladybird isn't making it better. It's just making a skywakker, which costs more, into a ladybug, which costs less. I don't get it. Buy a ladybug for less money, instead and be done with it. No?

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
One thing I notice is that my rx has 1.0 printed on it. The one in the video has 2.0 printed on it. I wonder what else changed?

Rafa
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:39 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:

I think that the reason the LB recovers quicker is merely because it doesn't have weight hanging so far from the center of gravity to deal with.

I plan to play with pot setting in relation to roll recovery tomorrow. Maybe that would be a good test.

I'm curious to see what people come up with. I'm hoping that Bobepine will set up an octo with short, equal length booms, given that he's got a bunch of tubing. How long/short could one make the booms before it just gets ridiculous and unflyable? Would it be more stable as a micro a/v ship with longer arms?

Rafa
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:17 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Jun 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Yes. And the props would be different as well.
Yup - forgot about that but I'm sure I would've figured it out after I crashed
Xoxor is offline Find More Posts by Xoxor