SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:42 PM
Serving the Motherland
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
Discussion
Habu 32 or F4

Hi all

I would like to buy a Habu32 or F4, could any one who has owned both offer some feedback on what they would choose between the two?
I just sold my JT T45 to a friend after about 40+ good flights and cant decide on a replacement between the 2 jets as they appear to be so differant from each other
Moskva is offline Find More Posts by Moskva
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:04 AM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
Hi all

I would like to buy a Habu32 or F4, could any one who has owned both offer some feedback on what they would choose between the two?
I just sold my JT T45 to a friend after about 40+ good flights and cant decide on a replacement between the 2 jets as they appear to be so differant from each other
I would read the threads.
Habu=flys easy and fast.
F4=Needs to fly fast to be easy.
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:40 AM
Gotta have toys!
La Jolla, CA. USA
Joined May 2006
856 Posts
I have both planes. Here are my thoughts.

Both are nicely thought out, good quality kits.

The F4 is a really nice scale model. If scale looks are important to you it would be a great choice. I have had good success flying mine. However it is scale, and flies scale. Judging from the threads on this plane, some have found it difficult to fly, resulting in a number of lost planes. I am curently in the process of upgrading my power system as I find the stock system a little lacking.

The Habu-32 is a nice looking sport jet. Built completely stock, it is a great flying model. Honest in its flying characteristics, with no bad habits. It is very aerobatic, and a joy to fly. My only flying issue is that it does not have enough rudder authority to hold knife edge long enough to do knife edge circles, or even length of field level knife edge passes. The rudder does have enough authority for nice long slow rolls, and point rolls.

If you mostly interested in great flying characteristics go with the Habu-32. It is a great EDF for an intermediate level and up pilot.

For a cool little scale EDF, and a more advanced level pilot, the F4 would be a good choice.

Steve
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:16 AM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bwana1 View Post
My only flying issue is that it does not have enough rudder authority to hold knife edge long enough to do knife edge circles, or even length of field level knife edge passes. The rudder does have enough authority for nice long slow rolls, and point rolls.

Steve
Mine will knife edge from coast to coast---And climb while doing it...Check your throw or the see if the servo you chose is up to the task....Mine won't do a knife edge loop but very few planes will powered like the Habu....My micro Sbach will knife edge loop but it is what it is...A super light/agile plane...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:55 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
891 Posts
Neither of those two planes are as nice as the JTM T-45 you just sold. I have owned all of them. My Habu has hundreds of flights and is reliably fun to fly. I lost my F4 on it's 10th flight due to a severe stall during a slow downwind turn. My JTM T-45 is only partially built but she is a superior quality kit compared to the Eflite birds.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:34 AM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Mine will knife edge from coast to coast---And climb while doing it...Check your throw or the see if the servo you chose is up to the task...

Kevin
Check your CG as well, once I moved mine back past the reccomended CG she started holding knife edge the length of the runway (600') Jim drew had his CG about 10mm behind the stock spot and it flew great at big jolt last year.
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672