HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:20 PM
The Toy Man
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2004
270 Posts
Discussion
Need help with using the Flight Data Recorder w/OSD Pro, expanders & sensors, etc

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to FPV but not R/C. I'm hoping someone can help me out with possibly a schematic or information on how to properly setup my system. I’ve done some searching and haven’t come across a schematic of anyone using the Eagle Tree OSD Pro with the data recorder, rather than a e-Logger.

A few years ago I purchased the Eagle Tree Seagull Pro with Dashboard, wireless downlink (900mhz) and a bunch of accessories. It has spent a lot of time sitting on the shelf until I recently got bit with the FPV bug..

I've now purchased the OSD Pro, Eagle Eyes and most all of the current add-ons. (list below)

My main question is how to connect the OSD Pro to the data recorder? There was no OSD Pro when I bought my original equipment.

My second question is can I / should I / do I have to use the 900 mhz transmitter that I originally purchased with Seagull Pro / dashboard, OR can I pipe all of this information through the video down-link to the Eagle Eyes and then to the dashboard and finally to my laptop? I haven't been able to find anyone using the OSD Pro w/data recorder & dashboard, etc. +I'm fairly certain my video range is going to be greater than the Eagle Tree 900 mhz down-link, thou I do have a Yagi 900mhz rx antenna.

Some of my other questions is when you have things like GPS inputs located on both the data recorder and the OSD Pro.. Which do I hook it up to?

If someone would be willing to create a schematic of how all of my gear should go together, I'd be ever so grateful.. If that requires more time (and experience using the OSDPro w/data recorder, etc) I’d probably be willing to spend a little bit for a professional and easy to understand schematic.

Below is a list of my equipment / setup.

Airplane: Senior Telemaster Plus
Motor: RIMFIRE .80
ESC: Castle Creations ICE100
RX BEC: Castle Creations 10 AMP
R/C RX: DragonLink v2
vTX: Immersion RC 5.8GHz 600mW w/ Bluebeam 3 lobe cloverleaf antenna
Video: GoPro HD w/Pan & Tilt mount.

Batteries:
2x 5000mah 5s 18.5v for motor
Dedicated Lipo for R/C system
Dedicated Lipo for Video System (cam & transmitter)

EagleTree Equipment for Plane:
Flight Data Recorder Pro – 4 servo monitoring, pitot airspeed, barometric altitude. etc.
900mhz data transmitter
OSD Pro
10 Hz GPS
G-Force Sensor
Brushless RPM Sensor
Guardian Stabilization Expander
100-AMP Electric Expander (mah & voltage)
Servo Current Logger
Micro Temperature Sensor (would like to use two of these to monitor battery pack temps)
Temperature Sensor Loop (Motor temp)
Battery backup harness
Remote (external) extension for programming and connecting to the Flight Data Recorder outside of the fuselage

I don’t think this is relevant but I’ll include my base station gear list below:
Eagle Eyes Tracker, diversity & distribution
Power Panel LCD Display
Eagle Eyes Pan / Tilt Mount
2x Immersion RC 5.8G Receivers
1x Bluebeam 4 lobe skewer planer wheel RX Antenna
1x 5.8G 5 Turn Helical 9.5dbi
LCD Monitor
Fatshark Dominator w/5.8G Immersion Module & head tracker chip for pan & tilt

Thanks a bunch in advance!
David
Frisk151 is online now Find More Posts by Frisk151
Last edited by Frisk151; Jun 13, 2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Forgot a few things
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:43 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Bergen
Joined Feb 2009
280 Posts
Hi,

The OsdPro manual show where you shall connect the osd to the (pro)Recorder.
You connect the GPS to the Recorder, to the port labeled GPS (there is no connection pins on the osd for GPS, it gets the gps-data from the recorder)
No, you don't need to use the Seagull system, you can get live data from the eagle eyes when using the osdpro.

Download the newest manuals for all your equipments, most of them have been updated compared to the manuals delivered with the products.
Megafluffy is offline Find More Posts by Megafluffy