778 Posts
wow - great pic !
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:30 AM
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Jul 2004
262 Posts
Looking forward to seeing more test footage and some photos of the mount. Brushless direct drive is the future for sure.
seattle_helo is offline Find More Posts by seattle_helo
Old Jun 15, 2012, 02:51 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
i really hope so. i used to have one of kimberley's early Flypod 3XR-AP gimbals so i know he makes good gear.

ahh single rotor memories... pneumatic retracts! this must have been 5 years ago!
Attachment 4938663
that is a beast....

that looks cooler than any MR that i have seen.....

hmmm
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:30 AM
Villebon sur yvette, France
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Hi Booma,

I'm 1001copters.com and I'm following the direct drive system as close as I can but lately (end of may) Sue told me that the DD system has been delayed with no dead line for now.

I will try to contact Sue this evening (not sure they are open on staurday :/) to have more info.

About the comparison between Z15 and AV200 + DD system, don't forget that the Z15 can obly handle a GH2 or a NEX5. AV200 can handle a 5D mark II for half the weight.

Z15 is a very beta gimbal but too heavy for it's purpose (1.5kg to handle a Gh2 :/)

I'm like you, waiting for the new DD system and for the HERO gimbals
catlord is offline Find More Posts by catlord
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:51 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
that is a beast....

that looks cooler than any MR that i have seen.....

hmmm
yeah it was the pride of the fleet, a boutique heli made by Henseleit in germany, 12S, 4hp, CF everywhere, 20lbs with camera, self-leveling like today's quads...it just was too big. i realized that cameras were getting smaller, lighter and better and one day these 4 prop thingies would get footage just as good (actually, better).

i miss doing autorotations, but i don't miss the repair bills lol

back on topic...
PH was supposedly just weeks away from releasing the gimbal right? I wonder what happened.
chris24g is online now Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:42 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Bump
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:11 AM
Rubbin's Racin
USA, Murrieta, California
Joined Oct 2010
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlord View Post
Hi Booma,

I'm 1001copters.com and I'm following the direct drive system as close as I can but lately (end of may) Sue told me that the DD system has been delayed with no dead line for now.

I will try to contact Sue this evening (not sure they are open on staurday :/) to have more info.

About the comparison between Z15 and AV200 + DD system, don't forget that the Z15 can obly handle a GH2 or a NEX5. AV200 can handle a 5D mark II for half the weight.

Z15 is a very beta gimbal but too heavy for it's purpose (1.5kg to handle a Gh2 :/)

I'm like you, waiting for the new DD system and for the HERO gimbals
Hi,

I just bought and recieved your enhancement kit for the AV200:
http://www.1001copters.com/en/stabil...or-av-200.html

I was going to attempt installing it tomorrow when I came across this video and thread. Is there any advantage or reason to install your kit now with this new DD system coming out or does the DD make it obsolete? If so, can I return for a refund?
FPVSCRacer is offline Find More Posts by FPVSCRacer
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:13 AM
Rubbin's Racin
Joined Oct 2010
341 Posts
Amazing performance for that gimbal! I've got the AD8HL w/AV200 and this is way better than the results I currently get. I'm assuming no post stabilization in this video, right? Other than replacing the servos, what other mods are required on my machine to do this upgrade? Any updated news on pricing and availablity?
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Hi,
The direct drive system is still in the pipe as far as I know but there is no release date for now.
You will have profit mounting the enhancement kit while the DD system is still in development.

Of course if you want a refund it's possible.

Best regards,
Cedric
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:15 AM
Rubbin's Racin
Joined Oct 2010
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlord View Post
Hi,
The direct drive system is still in the pipe as far as I know but there is no release date for now.
You will have profit mounting the enhancement kit while the DD system is still in development.

Of course if you want a refund it's possible.

Best regards,
Cedric
Thanks Cedric,

I'll give your enhancement kit a try and see how well it performs, while Photohigher figures out the DD system.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
A series of emails I thought that you guys might find interesting::=
Hi Jonathan,

The AV200Dd is in the final stages of development we have received all our customer motors from Maxon yesterday so thing are starting to move quite quickly now. The only big thing we are waiting on are the driver boards which we are still developing these will hopefully be complete by the end of this month and we are planning the first big production run in October if all goes to plan.

I know it has taken us a lot longer than I had originally indicated but initially we were under resourced this is all sorted now and we are back in to full development.

Regards,

Kimberley Attwell
CEO

Hi Jonathan,

Not 100% confirmed yet but I think it will be somewhere between 2000-3000 NZ$; there are a lot of factors to consider such as demand; if we can get the volume up then it will reduce our manufacturing costs. We want to be as competitive as possible without compromising our design or quality.

Regards,

Kimberley Attwell

So may be done in Oct/Nov and at 1600-2600 USD, that's a lot more affordable than the zenmuse (+ more camera options!). Excited to see more videos out of these gimbals
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
any news?
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:48 AM
Fredasss
Marseille, FRANCE
Joined Jul 2008
13 Posts
Still no news ??
Fredasss is offline Find More Posts by Fredasss
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:48 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Maybe Ph gave up. Seems only Dji alone can get the direct drive code right.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Hi,
Photohigher is still working on the diret drive system but you will easily understand that they prefer waiting to have a fully functionnal product before announcing it