HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by SteveR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Sold
Airworld 3.5 meter Kirby Kite NIB

NIB Airworld 3.5 Meter Kirby Kite sailplane. This is a fully molded scale model that tows and thermals very well. Controls include ailerons, rudder, elevator and air brakes. You supply tow release, wheel and the usual assortment of hardware.

Even though the wings and tail feathers are molded, they appear as though they are built up and covered. They look super in the sky with the light shining through the open framework.

Like all molded wings, the top and bottom skins are fiberglass/epoxy. However, clear resin is used in lieu of colored gel coat so you can see through these skins revealing a wood framework inside. It's the best of both worlds!

The model consists of all the finished pieces shown in the last photo. Note that while assembly is pretty straight forward, the supplied instructions are minimal.

The current selling price for this fully molded NIB scale model is $1,075. I'm letting mine go for $850 plus shipping.

PM if interested.

Regards,

Steve
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:35 AM
JUN
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined May 2011
148 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Nice man with nice plane. Lol. Good luck on this.

Jun
leoli0205 is offline Find More Posts by leoli0205
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:23 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Thanks Jun, hope to see you soon in DE.

Regards,

Steve
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:27 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Price Lowered...Don't let this fantastic deal get away!

Well, I see we have plenty of lookers but no buyers. How's about I reduce the price to $795 for this German quality fully molded classic. If you attend either of the upcoming SKSS aerotows, you'll enjoy free delivery as well!

Steve
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Hello. I'm interested in your glider. How much to ship to Salem, OR 97302
terryp-51 is offline Find More Posts by terryp-51
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:18 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Terry, I won't know until I box up the plane but I can't imagine more than $50 in ground USP. And if the cost exceeds $50, I'll pay the difference! Just let me know.

Regards,

Steve
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1 Posts
Hi Steve. I sent you a private message earlier. Not really sure how these messages get placed. I looked for a reply from you via me email and then hours later found it under your listing page. Anyway at least one of these will get to you. Terry
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:28 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Hi Terry,

Received your PM and have replied.

Regards,

Steve
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1 Posts
Hello Again. I couldn't figure out how send another PM. I'm such a dummy. I agree with your terms. My email address is tal15@comcast.net. Need your full name and address and I can get A USPS money order today. Sorry for the late start. Just had my 2nd Chemo and started throwing up before my free dinner. So much for that. I'm not complaining, just reporting. 2 1/2 months ago they diagnosed me with Pancreatic Cancer, a death sentence. The Pathologest Just changed it to Lymphoma which is treatable. Isn't it odd having something so bad can be such a blessing. Recommendation; Do your Bucket List now. I know, to much info. I'll keep work on this site to see how to do another PM. Terry
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,056 Posts
Hi Terry,

All of us on RC Groups wish you the very best in your treatment and prognosis. And what you said about getting started on your Bucket List NOW are words we should all live by as no one is promising us tomorrow.

I just sent a note to your email address so you can reply directly to me.

Best wishes,

Steve
Closed Thread