HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
yes they do.. it just came out a couple of days ago.. the 250FBL kit... I am currently setting up a 250FBL using the stock CPX electronics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Does CopterX sell a 250 FBL kit?
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,350 Posts
Good to hear because I have a buddy look for a 250 FBL clone to build.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
yup... its the latest heli that copter X came out.. the 250FBL..
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:21 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
322 Posts
Interesting... Can't decide... 450 or 250...
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
well the best trainer size would be a 450... cost wise and flight characteristics... running something larger will be a little costly... something smaller will be fast to control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Interesting... Can't decide... 450 or 250...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:00 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
I'm ready to purchase the CopterX CX 450PRO V4 FB.
Is this compatible to the Align Pro parts? When i crash it I would like to get parts from the LHS instead of ordering parts from china.

Thanks
James
jl449 is offline Find More Posts by jl449
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449 View Post
Is this compatible to the Align Pro parts? When i crash it I would like to get parts from the LHS instead of ordering parts from china.

Thanks
James
Yes. It will be compatible with an Align 450 Pro
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
most of the parts are compatible as what ridge_racer advised.. but they are not 100% identical in looks. I mean the parts may have some difference in shape but once you try out the align parts. it will fit on the same holes as it should have with the Copter X parts.

One thing though.. if you try to use part per part like if its head parts.. there might be some differences in alignment.. so its best if you will change this part with align parts.. you use the whole align head.

for the shafts.. and gears there will be no issues as it will just slide in plug and play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449 View Post

Thanks
James
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:50 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
Ridge and Soneebe,
Thanks -- I'm going to place an order to get the copterx pro package (electronic kit) for 149.99. I was pretty close on getting the HK pro v2 FBL but I like the Copterx pro carbon fiber upgrades - oh and the HK is backorder.

This will be nice as when I do have a mishap I can go to the LHS and get parts! As for the head unit I may just upgrade it to Align when I do thrash it.

I recently crashed my blade 400 (which I had for at least 3 years now) and parts are not being stocked at my LHS. So the LHS guy was showing me an Align pro FBL and I was convinced on getting one but it was just a bit expensive. So Copterx is my choice. It was either buying a heli or get an F-35 70mm EDF but I'm pretty happy with my F-22 50mm.

Too manny RC stuff and not enough time on my hands!!! or money.. lol
Last edited by jl449; Aug 23, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
is the F35 with 70MM EDF the one with thrust vectoring? i remember seeing one of my co fliers flying one at our local field. it had thrust vectoring and wow did it hover.. cool jet.. but it does eat a lot of amps on the packs
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
is the F35 with 70MM EDF the one with thrust vectoring? i remember seeing one of my co fliers flying one at our local field. it had thrust vectoring and wow did it hover.. cool jet.. but it does eat a lot of amps on the packs
I'm eyeing the Blizrcworks F-35 w/TV 70mm from Banana hobby.
And these EDF do draw some current. On my small 50mm edf I've puffed up a couple of 20c batts (upgraded EDF fan and motor). I run 60c batts now and haven't had any issues.
You got to get the UMX mig15. That's what got me into EDFs. Now I fly the F-22 50mm and its fun to fly at the local park (when it's empty of course). I got to get some packs under my belt on the 50mm before I jump into the F-35.
But in the mean time I need to get my heli ordered and my blade400 repaired so I can fly my heli.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:43 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
yup that is what i usually see with this EDF jets.. they have good power.. but they also draw a lot of amps.. They just look really nice in the air..
there was one time at our field.. one of the F16 EDF's were flying around when the motors or ESC's puffed you can see white smoke coming out of the jets tail end.. cool looking as if it was a real jet...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:34 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
322 Posts
Quote:
well the best trainer size would be a 450... cost wise and flight characteristics... running something larger will be a little costly... something smaller will be fast to control.
Well I'm actually with a v120d02s and would like something more powerful because I live in a very windy island... That's why I was thinking about a 250 as somebody says it's really fast
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:12 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
The 250 helis are fast.. but they lack the power.. and resolution in controls.. this is one reason that when you do 3D with a 250 most moves are mostly demure of ballooning.. meaning its like mild 3D.. doing hard 3D with the 250 will usually end in a crash. as fast changes in the collective and cyclics will surely kill the head speed so you really have to conserve the head speed to be able to translate to the next move..

if you compare this with a 450.. the 450 can surely do more precise moves and cyclic changes.. but it still lacks the floating power of the larger helis.. although the size will be best for cost and flight effectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Well I'm actually with a v120d02s and would like something more powerful because I live in a very windy island... That's why I was thinking about a 250 as somebody says it's really fast
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:44 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
322 Posts
Quote:
The 250 helis are fast.. but they lack the power.. and resolution in controls.. this is one reason that when you do 3D with a 250 most moves are mostly demure of ballooning.. meaning its like mild 3D.. doing hard 3D with the 250 will usually end in a crash. as fast changes in the collective and cyclics will surely kill the head speed so you really have to conserve the head speed to be able to translate to the next move..

if you compare this with a 450.. the 450 can surely do more precise moves and cyclic changes.. but it still lacks the floating power of the larger helis.. although the size will be best for cost and flight effectivity
Thanks Soneebee, Well than I think I'm ordering a 450. I'd like something more powerful and precise than the 120...