SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:30 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
well I have crashed numerous times on a 450 heli with belt system.. in about a dozen of more crashes.. i have only replace the belt 1 time... but have replaced the boom a dozen times... shafts, blades and main gear.. but for the belt only once.
I guess when you crash with a boom hit.. normally the boom bends so the belt looses tension at this point it does not snap.. but there are instances that it does snap.. at times when the boom sticks to the ground and the belt is pulled out of the frame.... but this rarely happens i guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
What will happen on a hard tail hit with a belt drive, like in a moderate crash. Never had a belt drive before.

Moto
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:33 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Thanks man, definitely will get a belt version. Stripped many gears on my V200D03 until I rigged up a clutch for it.

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:43 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
337 Posts
That's exactly why I'm thinking to go with the belt version... Thanks
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
For the belt version... just make sure the tension is correct as to save a little power and less load on the motor... of if you can get a thinner belt.. the one that align released for the SPORT.. or the one on the net the kevlar ones.. these belts are thin and will hug the pulleys lighly.. it will have less load on the motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
That's exactly why I'm thinking to go with the belt version... Thanks
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:11 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
trhodes,

It still looks like it ships form Hong Kong tho. Does just look like an offshoot of Ehirobo, probably the same.
Edit: They are the same, even the same P.O. Box.

Moto
Any US dealers carrying the Copterx BA FBL?
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Any US dealers carrying the Copterx BA FBL?
Unfortunately not. If you get it, you'll always have to order parts from ehirobo in HK. Nice bird otherwise, got one myself, but not US distributor.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:47 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
Unfortunately not. If you get it, you'll always have to order parts from ehirobo in HK. Nice bird otherwise, got one myself, but not US distributor.
Thanks.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:04 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
For the belt version... just make sure the tension is correct as to save a little power and less load on the motor... of if you can get a thinner belt.. the one that align released for the SPORT.. or the one on the net the kevlar ones.. these belts are thin and will hug the pulleys lighly.. it will have less load on the motor
Thin belt than.
Thanks for the whole lot of information!
Old Aug 18, 2012, 05:19 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
337 Posts
Hey Soneebee, have you been flying your copter x more?
How about it? Thanks man.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
I did fly some of my heli last weekend when i went the the field.. I tested the CX600 with the CX electronics... it worked fine.. power was really good.. although too much but it was a nice heli to fly....

Copter X 600E Pro (2 min 33 sec)

i also had a few flights the CX450PRO V4.. but I flew the BA more as I was more at in with flying the Black Angel...

Quote:
Hey Soneebee, have you been flying your copter x more?
How about it? Thanks man.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:23 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
337 Posts
Quote:
I did fly some of my heli last weekend when i went the the field.. I tested the CX600 with the CX electronics... it worked fine.. power was really good.. although too much but it was a nice heli to fly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5H4IKYl5Y

i also had a few flights the CX450PRO V4.. but I flew the BA more as I was more at in with flying the Black Angel...
It seems like you don't like V4 too much?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
It does fly okay... I have 3 PRO 2X V3 and the V4. all of these helis are in working order.. but 1of the V3's I converted to have a scale fuse

Copter X 450 PRO with Scale Fuse Jet Ranger (5 min 9 sec)

the other V3 is the belt version that eventually I did a complete conversion and restoration and turned it to a TT version which i was flying before

Copter X 450 PRO (0 min 35 sec)

and when i got hold of the new V4.. i did assemble this heli and placed all the CX electronics to test this out.. This came with the FBL head so it flies different from the other Pro's i have but its not really that different. Its just a little faster than the flybared but its still the same feel in flight...

If i will compare it with the other 450 helis from the CX line.
So far the best that I have tested runs in this order..
and these started way back 07 when the first ones came out

Copter X 450 Black Angel
Copter X 450 Black Angel PROTO
Copter X 450 SE V2
Copter X 450 Pro V4
Copter X 450 SE V1.5
Copter X 450 SE V1
Copter X 450 Pro V3 / V3.5
Copter X 450 AE
Copter X 450 ME
Copter X 450 XL

Now If I will try to rate the CX helis in order this is I guess what I will come up

Copter X 450 Black Angel
Copter X 600E PRO
Copter X 450 SE V2
Copter X 450 Pro V4
Copter X 250 SE FBL
Copter X 250 SE
Copter X 450 SE V1.5
Copter X 450 SE V1
Copter X 450 AE
Copter X 450 ME
Copter X 200
Copter X 480 SE
Copter X 450 XL

tests were based on Copter X Electronics ( Fusonics servos, MGpower lipo, CX ESC)
older helis were based on older electronics ( Futaba GY401/9257, Castle creation ESC/ Hitec HS65Mg servos)
but so far the CX electronics that came out are kinda good. Never had any failures yet on the ESC and motors..
on the Fusonic servos these are forgiving servos (12g Mg's are good but the D-04 are far better even in resolution)
lipo packs are okay.. they are not really that powerful on hard 3D. I prefer the HC's Rhino's even at 30C's these really packs great power for its price.. as good as FP or TP before. The new Violet or light blue colored packs Nano techs... they are okay for the first few cycles but eventually loose its perk after more cycles on the packs...

Quote:
It seems like you don't like V4 too much?
Last edited by soneebee; Aug 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:49 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
337 Posts
Quote:
It does fly okay... I have 3 PRO 2X V3 and the V4. all of these helis are in working order.. but 1of the V3's I converted to have a scale fuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHY078F5SvA

the other V3 is the belt version that eventually I did a complete conversion and restoration and turned it to a TT version which i was flying before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aeHKbfFptY

and when i got hold of the new V4.. i did assemble this heli and placed all the CX electronics to test this out.. This came with the FBL head so it flies different from the other Pro's i have but its not really that different. Its just a little faster than the flybared but its still the same feel in flight...

If i will compare it with the other 450 helis from the CX line.
So far the best that I have tested runs in this order..
and these started way back 07 when the first ones came out

Copter X 450 Black Angel
Copter X 450 SE V2
Copter X 450 Pro V4
Copter X 450 SE V1.5
Copter X 450 SE V1
Copter X 450 AE
Copter X 450 ME
Copter X 450 XL

Now If I will try to rate the CX helis in order this is I guess what I will come up

Copter X 450 Black Angel
Copter X 600E PRO
Copter X 450 SE V2
Copter X 450 Pro V4
Copter X 250 SE FBL
Copter X 250 SE
Copter X 450 SE V1.5
Copter X 450 SE V1
Copter X 450 AE
Copter X 450 ME
Copter X 200
Copter X 480 SE
Copter X 450 XL

tests were based on Copter X Electronics ( Fusonics servos, MGpower lipo, CX ESC)
older helis were based on older electronics ( Futaba GY401/9257, Castle creation ESC/ Hitec HS65Mg servos)
but so far the CX electronics that came out are kinda good. Never had any failures yet on the ESC and motors..
on the Fusonic servos these are forgiving servos (12g Mg's are good but the D-04 are far better even in resolution)
lipo packs are okay.. they are not really that powerful on hard 3D. I prefer the HC's Rhino's even at 30C's these really packs great power for its price.. as good as FP or TP before. The new Violet or light blue colored packs Nano techs... they are okay for the first few cycles but eventually loose its perk after more cycles on the packs...
Wow, thank you so much... Very useful info here
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,387 Posts
Does CopterX sell a 250 FBL kit?
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:58 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012