HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:33 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
319 Posts
Which tail mods have you done? Thanks a lot.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:13 AM
United States, NE, North Platte
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
V4 versus the Black Angel

Hi Soneebee,

I know you have both the version 4 and the black angel. Which do you recommend? I believe the black angel only comes in the belt version. You had mentioned that you never had the vibrations with the black angel. Any ideas on why? I am also wondering where to order from. I am looking at Hobby USA or ehibiro. The two sites look identical.

Thanks,
trhodes is offline Find More Posts by trhodes
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
This is the mod that i did with the PRO

to fix this geometry problem of the PRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Which tail mods have you done? Thanks a lot.
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:03 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
I am ready to move up to the 450 class and pretty sure I have decided on the CopterX V4 belt drive. Couple questions:

I decided on the belt drive so I don't strip gears on the tail. I don't do hard core 3d just sport flying with some flips and rolls thrown in. It is my understanding that the geared tail responds better at the expense of stripping gears. I'm sure I am missing something here tho.

I plan to get the super combo and replace with better parts when I am sure a 450 is for me. For the receiver I have a Devo6 so I could get an RX701. But I also have a V200D03, could I use the receiver from that a least temporarily or is the 2618V-D not sufficient for a 450 size?

Sorry for the newbee questions.

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:08 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
yes I have the Copter X 450 PRO V4 also have the FB V3 Belt and TT version. for the BA I have the FBL and FB version.. for quality and parts the Black Angel is superior over the PRO V4. If you can see the quality of the BA parts its really good and well machined. the bearings are also better. I have 2BA's that are both FBL and both flies really good. Never had the shake problems that other users of the CX3X1000 gyro have. I guess its because the BA has less vibration or the direct belt system is really silent and less vibration compared to the PRO with the TT gears and secondary reduction gears. This causes vibration. If you look at the gears these are all molded so the quality of the gears and perfection of the circle are not that good. Even align gears are not perfect. since these are all molded and this imperfections caused the vibrations and irregularity plus noise.

If you prefer to get a CX heli I would suggest go with the BA. as this has good quality workmanship.. and in flight it feels more linear.. meaning I find it to follow my stick inputs in linear.. unlike the PRO helis they are fast but it has some difference in feel..its no linear but has some multiplier making it run differently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes View Post
Hi Soneebee,

I know you have both the version 4 and the black angel. Which do you recommend? I believe the black angel only comes in the belt version. You had mentioned that you never had the vibrations with the black angel. Any ideas on why? I am also wondering where to order from. I am looking at Hobby USA or ehibiro. The two sites look identical.

Thanks,
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:12 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
I have not seen a V4 belt version yet.. but if comes with a belt version. it will be a good choice... For the 450sized heli i really dont feel the difference between the belt and TT as the heli is small and both belt and the TT have superior control and solidity on tail authority so its just a matter of preference.. but once you go larger.. TT is the better one.. as the loads are less and the transfer of power is better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
I am ready to move up to the 450 class and pretty sure I have decided on the CopterX V4 belt drive. Couple questions:

I decided on the belt drive so I don't strip gears on the tail. I don't do hard core 3d just sport flying with some flips and rolls thrown in. It is my understanding that the geared tail responds better at the expense of stripping gears. I'm sure I am missing something here tho.

I plan to get the super combo and replace with better parts when I am sure a 450 is for me. For the receiver I have a Devo6 so I could get an RX701. But I also have a V200D03, could I use the receiver from that a least temporarily or is the 2618V-D not sufficient for a 450 size?

Sorry for the newbee questions.

Moto
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:21 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Thanks soneebee.

Yes, a belt version is available from Ehirobo:
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/p12017/C...duct_info.html

Anyone have any idea on the 2618V-D? I realize it's only been a few minutes , just didn't want it to get buried.

Moto
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
MX48,

Are you going to order from ehibiro? I also found a Hobby USA site that looks identical to the ehibiro site. Prices are the same. I think I will go with the FBL black angel version. It is only about 30 dollars more. I have a DEVO 10 and am going to go with the cx3x1000 3 axis gyro and the 802 receiver for my DEVO transmitter.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:18 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
trhodes,

It still looks like it ships form Hong Kong tho. Does just look like an offshoot of Ehirobo, probably the same.
Edit: They are the same, even the same P.O. Box.

Moto
Last edited by MX48; Aug 07, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined May 2012
149 Posts
Thanks MX48,

That is what I thought. I am thinking both are legit. I think I will pay the extra 30 for the black angel. Sounds like it is superior in quality to the 450pro. I currently fly a walkera v400 with my DEVO 10. I love my DEVO 10
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:47 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
319 Posts
[QUOTE=soneebee;22378885]This is the mod that i did with the PRO

Many thanks soneebee!

May I ask you your opinion about fusonic servos? Thanks again.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
No Problem

The fusonic servos are good.
the Fusonic 12g are okay.. not as good as the MG-D-04
these servos have really good resolution since the gears are fine pitched
so the resolution of the servos are better.. The only down side is
the MG-D-04 servos have small horns so it kinda lacks the requirement for the PRO heli.
for the 9G analogs they are okay.. I dont recommend it for hard 3d fliers as the servos kinda gets stripped or lacks the torque to meet the changes in stick commands but for normal flight to sport flying it can manage.

for the larger fusonics.. the only servos I have tried are the 15kg MG digitals.. these servos are okay for the 600 size. although they are not fast servos but they manage to hold solid and moves okay with the heli..

[QUOTE=asp;22382929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
This is the mod that i did with the PRO

Many thanks soneebee!

May I ask you your opinion about fusonic servos? Thanks again.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:58 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
319 Posts
[QUOTE=soneebee;22386156]No Problem

The fusonic servos are good.
the Fusonic 12g are okay.. not as good as the MG-D-04
these servos have really good resolution since the gears are fine pitched
so the resolution of the servos are better.. The only down side is
the MG-D-04 servos have small horns so it kinda lacks the requirement for the PRO heli.
for the 9G analogs they are okay.. I dont recommend it for hard 3d fliers as the servos kinda gets stripped or lacks the torque to meet the changes in stick commands but for normal flight to sport flying it can manage.

for the larger fusonics.. the only servos I have tried are the 15kg MG digitals.. these servos are okay for the 600 size. although they are not fast servos but they manage to hold solid and moves okay with the heli..

Many thanks!

I'm planning to get a v4 belt version... Just sport flying and some light 3D such as loops, a little inverted...
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:15 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Well the belt version for the PRO version does not have the geometry problem. Unlike the TT version. so you wont have to do any modification for this version.
another advantage with the belt system is its more forgiving in slight tail hits.. unlike TT any ground hit on the tail blades can easily damage the gears as the tail is running 5times the head speed.. at that rate... the gears can easily break....

Quote:
Many thanks!

I'm planning to get a v4 belt version... Just sport flying and some light 3D such as loops, a little inverted...
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:23 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
What will happen on a hard tail hit with a belt drive, like in a moderate crash. Never had a belt drive before.

Moto