HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:57 PM
asp
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
that sounds really bad... good thing i have not encountered this with the fusonics i got on my helis.. so far its holding OK.. i have 4 on a CX500 and it seems to be running fine so far..
Yes it is bad, that's why I decided to buy another servo. I'll never buy one of these again.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
what did you get to replace it? is it better? cost wise how much are the new servos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Yes it is bad, that's why I decided to buy another servo. I'll never buy one of these again.
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:36 AM
asp
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
what did you get to replace it? is it better? cost wise how much are the new servos?
I bought this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14827
But I'm still waiting to get it.
I'll be back here with my experience with it.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:00 PM
new kid on the block
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
hey guys, i'm looking to get rid of my 500 size half clone/align heli in favor of a cheaper 450/250 size heli. copterx gets relatively good reviews for clones, and what's really nice is they put together an electronics pack to get started with, i know i'll end up replacing the servos but which model would you all recommend? the black angel as i've read here and else where is super high quality, while not being align compatible really, i haven't read any negatives about it. the v4 450 pro looks good to, exact copy of the align 450 pro which means low quality stuff can be swapped out, thats a plus, but it seems to be having more issues... and then the 250, i've read good and bad about it, i'd really like to go 250 for the price, but if everyone says bad about it then i won't. the main issue i've read about is getting the tail right on it because cheaper end gyros have a harder time with them...

i just want your opinions, i'm looking to basically build a beater, that i can go nuts with, not worry to much about crashing, and pretty much just buy a new $40 frame set if need be. doesn't need to be perfectly stable in hovers, i'm over the whole tail not being perfect thing. just needs to fly...

thanks for any help guys, i really appreciate it...
mr.michael.2468 is offline Find More Posts by mr.michael.2468
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
Portugal, Lisboa, Cascais
Joined Sep 2012
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.michael.2468 View Post
hey guys, i'm looking to get rid of my 500 size half clone/align heli in favor of a cheaper 450/250 size heli. copterx gets relatively good reviews for clones, and what's really nice is they put together an electronics pack to get started with, i know i'll end up replacing the servos but which model would you all recommend? the black angel as i've read here and else where is super high quality, while not being align compatible really, i haven't read any negatives about it. the v4 450 pro looks good to, exact copy of the align 450 pro which means low quality stuff can be swapped out, thats a plus, but it seems to be having more issues... and then the 250, i've read good and bad about it, i'd really like to go 250 for the price, but if everyone says bad about it then i won't. the main issue i've read about is getting the tail right on it because cheaper end gyros have a harder time with them...

i just want your opinions, i'm looking to basically build a beater, that i can go nuts with, not worry to much about crashing, and pretty much just buy a new $40 frame set if need be. doesn't need to be perfectly stable in hovers, i'm over the whole tail not being perfect thing. just needs to fly...

thanks for any help guys, i really appreciate it...
Hi

Just had a similar dilemma about a month ago between the 450 Black Angel and the 450 Pro v4, and while the supposed better quality of the Black Angel was an important factor I ended up deciding for the Pro V4 because of the parts compatibility and the parts are ok/good, I only found small issues (newbie to 450 helis, but lots of years on RC) while assembling without any manual specially on the belt driven tail that is different from everything I found on the web.

just my 2c

luis
lvale is offline Find More Posts by lvale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
USA, Virginia
Joined Dec 2010
33 Posts
What D/R settings is everyone using? This is my first 450.

Thanks,
JD
jldean78 is offline Find More Posts by jldean78
Last edited by jldean78; Dec 17, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 01:38 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Got to test the CX450 PRO DFC Head. This came out with the CPX 450 PRO V5
the head is kinda okay.. it was really low.. the CG of the blades is far closer on the heli than the last FBL head.. and the original FB heads....

so far its doing okay.. but there are still things that need to be checked out...

Copter X 450 PRO V4 with CX DFC head (4 min 20 sec)
Old Mar 25, 2013, 06:54 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Is it really needed to have D/R setup? it might help the learning curve if its setup standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldean78 View Post
What D/R settings is everyone using? This is my first 450.

Thanks,
JD
Old Apr 28, 2013, 06:21 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
wow bearings that come with this are garbage. tail bearings and main rotor were shot in 2-3 flights.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Dec 05, 2013, 09:07 AM
v922 130x 300x
United States, MI, Battle Creek
Joined Apr 2013
719 Posts
Are the feathering shafts on these copterx kits better than th hk version? What if anything should be swapped out?
matthew0220 is offline Find More Posts by matthew0220
Old Dec 08, 2013, 12:03 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
never saw the shafts for the HK version.. but the shaft of the DFC head are shorter than the first FBL heads that came out.. but the shafts are kinda good... not sure if the ALIGN DFC shafts are the same.. have not tested some yet...