SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:08 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jun 2010
118 Posts
Question
where to buy blue core foam

Hi ive been looking for 3 whole days to find 1/2 inch blue core foam and i cant find it anywhere. lowes,ace home depot, harbor freight. i cant find it any where somebody help.me please!!!!!!!
Staudacher600 is offline Find More Posts by Staudacher600
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:21 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
111 Posts
Same, im trying to find some in Canada,BC, Vancouver, but my local Convoy Supplies i think they only stock the fanfold with silver on one side and paper on the other.

I'm thinking of going down to Bellingham Washington(40min drive), but i phoned up their Lowe's but they said they only had the individual sheets, not the fan fold bundles D:

Originally made RCPowers Extra300 out of $Tree foam board (but the canadian equivalent) WITH paper and i doubled up on the foam. The plane weighed too much and flopped to the ground. (even though i'm real good on the simulator, maybe i should start with a regular jet that is more floaty like the f-22).

Canadian Lowe's only carry 1.5" and 2" thick Dow blu board.
Canadian HomeDepot carry Pink foam but it's really expensive ($10 a sheet). Too much compared to a $40 bundle of Blucor Fanfold.

Also, 99% of the posts i find about finding foam are from 2005 :S we're a bit late, but i question how the people growing up in the year 2020 will build their rc planes?
AssassinXCV is offline Find More Posts by AssassinXCV
Last edited by AssassinXCV; Jun 18, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staudacher600 View Post
Hi ive been looking for 3 whole days to find 1/2 inch blue core foam and i cant find it anywhere. lowes,ace home depot, harbor freight. i cant find it any where somebody help.me please!!!!!!!
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo.../styrofoam.php
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:52 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,742 Posts
i use this now

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1533245

http://www.modelplanefoam.com/
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:27 AM
Colorado
Joined May 2003
755 Posts
In the US most home centers still carry the stuff. You may find it in a different color such as Pink or Green. It is pretty much all the same stuff, so don't just look for the blue colored foam.

John Boren
John Boren is online now Find More Posts by John Boren