HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:53 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Thanks for the flight report Rudd.
That sounds very wierd indeed. I started with the factory CG (cheers mate for that!). It was OK but the plane was wagging a bit. I moved the battery forward in the compartment, which is not a lot as the compartment is not much bigger than my batt. The plane did fly better a bit after that.
I did not have that porpoising with throttle cut. It sounds like a thrust line issue. Did your EDF get misaligned in the plane by any chance? Or did you have some mix on?
I also did shave off the black plastic thing over the exhaust that was overhanging the exhaust and interrupting the airflow, as advised by you. Good call on that.

I just saw this video today and I'm looking forward to the 68mm 10 bladed 4S alloy EDF from HK. I am guessing that it won't break the bank. Scott mentions that there is going to be a 4 cell version at the 1:28 mark.

HobbyKing Daily - Turnigy Aluminium EDF Unit (3 min 52 sec)
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:04 AM
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne
Joined Jun 2012
235 Posts
casey fields
Casey fields (0 min 41 sec)

ignore my sniffing and breathing ive got the flew
korts04 is offline Find More Posts by korts04
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:25 AM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
hey guys,mike they actually started a thread for those fans and there is a vid of a jet flying with them,look my big issue with those fans is that they weigh a lot,the ones i'm using weigh heaps less,also dunno what motors they are going to be using with them.other issue would be balancing those suckers!of course they will say that it will be balanced,of course some of them will be but like most of hobbyking stuff done in mass there will be flaws,extremerc. here gives you a service and product that you won't be able to match easily,so having said all that the price might be really gud but the rest that comes with it might set you more than expected plus there is a chance of loosing your favourite model,minus for me mike
rudeboy579 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy579
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
korts we definitely have to try it out bro,are you free tomoro arvo?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
you are right mike,thrust line might be an issue,i'm guna get it out and see what the go with that,but before i will move the battery forward and try that out,cheers
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:30 AM
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne
Joined Jun 2012
235 Posts
If im sick ill stay home from work and ill meet you out there with the planes but if im better ill go to work so ill let you know. I hope im still a little sick wouldn't mind missing another day of work.
korts04 is offline Find More Posts by korts04
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:11 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by korts04 View Post
If im sick ill stay home from work and ill meet you out there with the planes but if im better ill go to work so ill let you know. I hope im still a little sick wouldn't mind missing another day of work.
hahahaha.i was thinking ofthe place i was talking about,have heaps to do in the arvo so might squeeze an hour in there
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Flying on the edge
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
331 Posts
Hi Rudy and Korts
casey fields is one place we use to fly at 2 years ago in the middle of that bike track.
But I believe if you fly there now you will get kicked off
They have band flying in Casey and that is one place they patrol.... I know some guys that have been told to pack up and don't come back.
Dale333 is offline Find More Posts by Dale333
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale333 View Post
Hi Rudy and Korts
casey fields is one place we use to fly at 2 years ago in the middle of that bike track.
But I believe if you fly there now you will get kicked off
They have band flying in Casey and that is one place they patrol.... I know some guys that have been told to pack up and don't come back.
ahaaaaaa. cheers dale,i remember you saying something about that,ok well might have to find an alternate then korts,we don't like kick off's worse by cricketters
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
pretty busy on another project and school atm,still have to move the battery and try the fms like that,the weather has been shifty lately also
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
Here is my eagle. Is a GWS kit with clipped wings. Took 3 inches off each root. Makes 700 watts on 3s with 2ammo inrunners. Goes as fast as the hornet but with the wheels hanging out. Thas about low 70s on RCSpeedo on my phone.
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughitaliankid View Post
Here is my eagle. Is a GWS kit with clipped wings. Took 3 inches off each root. Makes 700 watts on 3s with 2ammo inrunners. Goes as fast as the hornet but with the wheels hanging out. Thas about low 70s on RCSpeedo on my phone.
hi tough,
cheers for posting,good looking birdsi have a gws that i still have to build,it has been advised to me to keep the stock edfs and get het motors for them,the big wings put me off at first but then i thought that it would be a great first twin edf to start with,i have already in project to cut the wings like you did,apart from the looks, does it make a VERY noticeable difference with them cut?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
No negative effects. It only gets better. Still has a great glide slope and lands slow. I had this power system iin my last GWS f -15. It was the EPO version of this kit with the full wing and it was about 10mph slower based on a doppler. This kit should have the wing clipped at the factory.
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
i'm with you,anyways it looks wrong with those massive wings and above all not scale at all,
i know it has nothing to do with f-15's but here is all we could do this week-end,as usual weather was crap i was an angry bird
rc f-16 vs t-45 (3 min 20 sec)

the onboard cam of that session
rc f-16 onboard cam (3 min 43 sec)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:42 AM
Australia, VIC, Shepparton
Joined Jun 2011
301 Posts
Does anyone know a good F15 kit to get here in Australia any help would be great thanks
jeffhines2673 is offline Find More Posts by jeffhines2673