HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 02:48 AM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
rudeboy, whats watts is it pulling?? Lose the external ordance, will be faster. Lee
lee when we tested it with the 2600 45c 4s it's drawing close to 900 watts.on the bench it's producing 1.45 kgs of thrust in the bird close to 1.3 kgs of thrust
rudeboy579 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy579
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
couldn't stop laughing
F-15 maiden flight and crash!!.MOD (6 min 44 sec)
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:31 AM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
That was so damn funneeeee!!!! With a friend like the cameraman who needs enemies. I especially like how the pilot said "I told you the place has too many lamp poles"
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzuberance View Post
That was so damn funneeeee!!!! With a friend like the cameraman who needs enemies. I especially like how the pilot said "I told you the place has too many lamp poles"
i know! you do feel for the guy.it's his maiden and you see the jet all shiny and stuff and the nose that stays stuck this weekend is looking good exhub.will we see that f-18
Last edited by rudeboy579; Jul 16, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
everyone's telling me to get rid of the bombs lee but it won't look sick up there though but i will def. get more airspeed you're right
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:41 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy579 View Post
i know! you do feel for the guy.it's his maiden and you see the jet all shiny and stuff and the nose that stays stuck this weekend is looking good exhub.will we see that f-18
Lol! We'll see... though watching that video has gotten me a lil nervous. I'm more confident doing harriers, hovers, walls, blenders, KE, KE spins etc than flying a jet like a normal plane... Nah! I'll try to maiden it just not too sure how much space I need for take offs and landings. The bird is 90mm edf. While PP doesn't have many lamp poles trees are a plenty, not to mention planes that may be up in the air at any given time.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Lol! We'll see... though watching that video has gotten me a lil nervous. I'm more confident doing harriers, hovers, walls, blenders, KE, KE spins etc than flying a jet like a normal plane... Nah! I'll try to maiden it just not too sure how much space I need for take offs and landings. The bird is 90mm edf. While PP doesn't have many lamp poles trees are a plenty, not to mention planes that may be up in the air at any given time.
na exhub.you've upgraded your retracts haven't you?with the ones i've upgraded to ,even if the wheels are smaller than the stocks ones even on a wet damp grass it went really well ,but have in mind i had that cyclone pushing it but i reckon with a bit of headwind you should be alright.man i saw you fly your 3d stuff and you're MORE than good enough to fly a jet,they look scarier than they are we will clear the sky for you!!!!!
Last edited by rudeboy579; Jul 17, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
finally got my f-15 trimmed out properly now i'm ready for some more action!it just didn't feel comfortable trying anything with her,but now i got a 3700 from erc i will have some more time up,but as my friend dale pointed it out to me,bigger battery=more weight,so at the end of the day you need more power as you are heavier,more power less time up,so i guess it's all relative, or not,any views????
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:58 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy579 View Post
finally got my f-15 trimmed out properly now i'm ready for some more action!it just didn't feel comfortable trying anything with her,but now i got a 3700 from erc i will have some more time up,but as my friend dale pointed it out to me,bigger battery=more weight,so at the end of the day you need more power as you are heavier,more power less time up,so i guess it's all relative, or not,any views????
Lose the bombs and fuel tanks, not because they add weight (they hardly do) but because they add drag, so you're perhaps using a bit more amps to keep her flying?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:02 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Didn't have time to work on my f18 this weekend. My 2 boys kept me occupied (and exhausted). RCHelijc did help get a lot of soldering work for some of my batts, escs and motors which was a great help. We had one look at the stock set up on the f18 and decided that it was too much work for the time we had, so we've left it to some other time. Am planning to desolder stock ESC wires because they've been wired in series with t-plugs. Gonna run standard cable with an EC5 plug plus another cable with an EC2 for a BEC. Thought it was a straight forward job until we realised that plane's lightning system was also connected to the same power system...
Last edited by xzuberance; Jul 29, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
god exhub.i would be glad to give you a hand with those retracts.they should not be as bad.you do not want to belly land it?the grass at pp is very unforgiving atm.any ways i would advise you to belly land anyways at first,much easier with jets.for the soldering i can't help unless you want to crash due to bad solder.take a pic of the retracts.i could have a better idea
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Lose the bombs and fuel tanks, not because they add weight (they hardly do) but because they add drag, so you're perhaps using a bit more amps to keep her flying?
def does increase drag and it already has a draggy airframe.but atm it's doing more than i want so i'll leave the bombs for the moment but there are after burner leds going on soon so more weight and also a 3700mah batt.but the cog remained the same with the 3700
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:28 AM
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne
Joined Jun 2012
235 Posts
fun at pp thismorning

gidday guys heres a vid of rudys typhoon, nice flying mate, but i can't say much about my video skills though. But hey not bad for a camera phone.
Rudys 50mm EDF Typhoon (3 min 28 sec)
korts04 is offline Find More Posts by korts04
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
welcome korts
thanks for the vid and also for doing it mateyour skills are guna get better as we are guna make more vids soon!!!!
cheers again and welcome
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
there you go korts:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...acts_ARF_.html