HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:43 AM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
i did at first jeff and it worked but VERY underpowered,it look like your going high alpha till you have enuff height to lower your nose
what's your budget jeff?
here is a vid of my starmax flying at the police paddocks today,we forgot to flick the timer resulting in a dead stick landing but as you can see was no problem for dale,who was flying her,she just glided in,and it's a still wind day! enjoy
starmax f-15 at pp (6 min 46 sec)
rudeboy579 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy579
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:01 AM
Australia, VIC, Shepparton
Joined Jun 2011
299 Posts
Well i dont really have a budget lol but im not looking for a speed demond lol just something nice to fly later when I get the need for speed I can upgrade if it lives that long lol but i will be getting some epowered retracks for it ...
jeffhines2673 is offline Find More Posts by jeffhines2673
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhines2673 View Post
Well i dont really have a budget lol but im not looking for a speed demond lol just something nice to fly later when I get the need for speed I can upgrade if it lives that long lol but i will be getting some epowered retracks for it ...
lol.kewl jeff,well i may advise you to ditch the stock setup and go for the extremerc. stuff,did you like the way mine fly?
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined Jun 2011
299 Posts
yeah yours looked good in the air how many servoes are you running in yours ?
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
yeah yours looked good in the air how many servoes are you running in yours ?
thanks,well that's an all extremerc setup,i.e 70mm alloy housing with a 10blade rotor,het motor and 3700 45c 4s,check their site http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/
hmmm elev:2,ail:2,retracts:4 so :8
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
299 Posts
Well atleast I know what to order now :-)
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:34 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Well atleast I know what to order now :-)
,the thing with those setup's is that you do not really need to upgrade to much,it has enuff grunt,sounds wicked and their service is good and they are here in melb
but there are heaps of other options outhere jeff,if you dig deep enuff i.e i went for them because it saved me all the hassle of doing it all myself i.e finding the right housing,with the right weight,the the rotor,balance all that.....no way,dn't have all that time,i'm not saying you cannot do it,it's just time consuming and you finallly end up spending more than just getting the setup at first went that way and know it
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:06 PM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
748 Posts
hey all I have the 70mm Shuttler f-15 with full stabilators (tailerons), well I broke the left side one from the nosecone point of view if anyone out there has one that maybe crashed and is not going to repair it, I am in the market for it, thanks
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
hey all I have the 70mm Shuttler f-15 with full stabilators (tailerons), well I broke the left side one from the nosecone point of view if anyone out there has one that maybe crashed and is not going to repair it, I am in the market for it, thanks
I have seen those on ebay what are they like ?
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
hey lowkey,
how are ya?like jeff i have seen this model on ebay,how does she fly?did you have to do some mods?intake?motor?exhaust diameter?the thing that i have found is that a lot of f-15 models outthere do need some mods,unlike the starmax which need only an edf upgrade and if you want retracts also,lookin forward to read a feed back,some pics or vid maybe layback?
cheers
rudy
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:15 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
This is the same one I have from Hobbyking Australia warehouse.
It seems to be the same mold as the "EDO" version (which there is a thread for on here).
The stickers supplied have terrible adhesive and come off after a week of sitting in the garage.
The only mods i've done so far is to fibre glass the lower lead section of the intakes to strengthen/protect them in the event of rough surface belly landings. And install a 45amp ESC with a view to running the stock fan on 4s (gently with throttle management)
I have a 10 blade CS EDF but no motor for it, and the EDF frame doesn't look like it will easily fit the stock location in the airframe without removing some foam.
Seems as though once this EPO foam takes a bump it looses strength and stays softer than the unaffected foam around it.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
mark put the changesun in,you won't regret it?remember get a low kv motor,2300kv is around what you want,
so went for a fly after the exam today,took off,had some low passes and when the timer went off brought her in but depth perception got me and hit a pole, the vertical stab with one elevator hit first ripping it off and i had no control anymore,she went nose in,can fix it but guna be a hassle,she flew great and had a great roar,well that's part of the game,all good fun
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:03 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy579 View Post
mark put the changesun in,you won't regret it?remember get a low kv motor,2300kv is around what you want,
so went for a fly after the exam today,took off,had some low passes and when the timer went off brought her in but depth perception got me and hit a pole, the vertical stab with one elevator hit first ripping it off and i had no control anymore,she went nose in,can fix it but guna be a hassle,she flew great and had a great roar,well that's part of the game,all good fun
Oh dear - do you think you'd have been able to save her if you'd had separate working ailerons?
I've been trying to decide if i should put them in.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:17 PM
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne
Joined Jun 2012
234 Posts

Rough take off (4 min 43 sec)

The damage (1 min 57 sec)
korts04 is offline Find More Posts by korts04
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:28 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009