HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
Help!
P.A. Addiction d/r,expo settings

Hello,l just bought a used Addiction with no manual and for the life of me I cannot find d/r and expo settings anywhere online,I dont know why P.A. doesnt have the manuals available for download on their website like everyone else but whatever...,can anyone help with the settings?.I found a couple of threads here regarding this but no info.was posted.
---Thanks
jackal111 is offline Find More Posts by jackal111
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,333 Posts
Took me two seconds.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=980
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
Yeah Thanks,found that as well but my meter is in only inches and mm.,the expos are a help but really need it in mm or inches
jackal111 is offline Find More Posts by jackal111
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:44 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,134 Posts
You could go buy a drawing protractor http://www.google.com.au/search?q=dr...w=1920&bih=939 you can pick them up for less than a $ from most Newsagents or similar. Or you could do some trigonometry.
luke352 is offline Find More Posts by luke352
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,333 Posts
This may help.

Lets use ailerons as an example.

Pick a spot on your aileron to do the measuring.

Measure the width of the aileron at that point. You must use this point to measure your throws, because you have tapered ailerons.

So, lets say the spot you pick is 2 inches wide.

At 45 degrees (which is their suggested high rate) your throw in both directions is 2 inches. Thats 2 up and 2 down.

At 22 1/2 degrees (they call for low rates to be 25 degrees, but 22 1/2 is close enough) your throws would be 1 inch. Half of the 2 inch high rate.

You can use this method on your rudder and elevator.
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:45 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,337 Posts
There is also a huge thread on the Addy here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721432
I'm sure you'll find somone with a manual there. If I were at home, I'd have all the info you need.
HeeBeeGeeBee is online now Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
It's kind of assumed at this level that you know what will work and can set the model according to your skills. There's not much benefit to having surfaces move more than 45 degrees in each direction, so that's where I set mine, and so that you have a lower setting in case it's a bit twitchy, set D/R to 50%. If you're a bit ham-fisted on the sticks, you may find using expo helps but better to learn to use small stick inputs. Of course, this probably isn't the model to learn that particular skill on!
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W