HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:43 PM
wasilla,alaska
Joined Nov 2005
267 Posts
Discussion
Pre Puffed batts from hobby king

Hey has anyone else received pre puffed battery from hobby king just got a order today and one of tha batts is already puffy ?
jasonak is offline Find More Posts by jasonak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:12 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,806 Posts
Yes but the really cool part is they did not charge extra to pre-puff the pack for me. I didn't even order that one, I guess it was a free upgrade?

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:37 PM
This Calls for a Sexy Party
Minneapolis
Joined Sep 2010
639 Posts
i got one recently ( i bought about 10 from them in the past )
contacted them and get a refund for the puffed pack ( they made me took a few pics to verify that the pack is puffed )
i didn't have to send it back, i got refund in store credit ( i'll use it in the future anyhow )

i found out that using http://support.hobbyking.com/home is a lot quicker than contacting them though email or their useless live chat.

i ended up take one dead cell out of the 3 cells pack, make it a 2 cells pack instead ( so i got it for free, with some work ). The dead cell is punctured on the side.
StewieRC is offline Find More Posts by StewieRC
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:52 PM
wasilla,alaska
Joined Nov 2005
267 Posts
well i contacted the live chat and the the other one and filled out a form as well. The guy wanted a picture of it hooked to my battery charger giving him a reading or something.Im new to electrics adn my battery charger isnt here yet lol so I told him I couldnt send him a picture of it hooked to anything.Havent heard back..so well see
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:30 AM
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
I have to wonder if hobbyking has changed their policies regarding sending back lithium polymer cells with all the changes to air transport system reciently announced. Although it is also not good for them to be shipping out pre puffed cells.

Again from a statistical base this may be a nothing event with the volume they sell. Could be one pufffed cell in 10,100,1000,or even higher. We have no way to know. Or a bad production run or an isolated or large occurace. I still feel there will probably always be a few duds with any manufaturer or label.

Speaking of this what label and C rating of theirs did you purchase? The information gives us a heads up.

At least the store credits are better to have without the expense of mailing them back. You still lose your original mailing cost for the item though. It seems puff the magic dragon is still around as well.

To keep this all in perspective I have never gotten a bad battery pack from them yet and many others are in the same boat. I also have no ideal statistically speaking what my chances are of getting one eventually are.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Last edited by barry wilson; Jun 13, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:01 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
With how the cells are packaged they have no idea if they are shipping out a puffed cell. I'm sure statistically a certain number of cells will puff just sitting on the shelf.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:04 PM
wasilla,alaska
Joined Nov 2005
267 Posts
Hi
Id be happy with a store credit as I understand they really have no idea whether I over charged it etc or it was somehing I did, I could be full of it.Although I dont have anyway to charge it and I emailed them as soon as I opened the box and found it. As of right now though I have not heard back from them sooo. I sent pictures order number all the info they requested except I could not hook up to charger as I dont have one its in the mail on its way here Anywyas it was a zippy 2200 mh3S 40C lightmax I actually thought they wouldnt have a prob replacing it as I spent over 400.00 with them in the last week and this was second order of batteries from them love there prices nice selection of stuff everything Ive order from america got here right away.Hopefully they treat me right on this.