SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:26 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,768 Posts
My parts orders from HK (well over 30) has always been 14 calendar days exactly or better for at least 95% but this last order is going on day 18 now...something is going on.

Can't wait to hear the flight reports from the early owners!!!
dude_109 is online now Find More Posts by dude_109
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:43 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
328 Posts
I was told that it says its in stock, but they're actually having to wait for parts to come from somewhere else. Weird, I know....Don't order one of these planes unless you have a good bit of patience. I've placed 4 orders with hobbyking since ordering the Racer and all of them arrived last week. 2 of which were global orders....
winndaddy is online now Find More Posts by winndaddy
Last edited by winndaddy; Jun 29, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 03:35 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nniibb View Post
mine has reached four checks a few days back. But now it is at speedpost, but there the progress is even slower After 7 days waiting in the Air Transit center it has now finally shipped to my country.
Assuming it will take another week waiting at customs and delivery.. Definitely my slowest HK order ever (where everything was on stock). With some luck I can maiden it next weekend.
I avoided buying any LiPos with my order just so it would NOT go the "Speedpost" (now there's a misnomer if ever there was one) route. I'm going to see if it will work OK to just parallel the 850 mAh and 1000 mAh 4S LiPos that I use with my Rare Bear funfighter.

My order is now in the fourth day of the "packing" stage. They must be doing one heck of a thorough packing job!
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
49 Posts
850 and 1000 in parallel?

1800mAh seems anyway a lot, probably I'll try 1500. Most of my planes fly better with lighter batteries
nniibb is offline Find More Posts by nniibb
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:21 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,700 Posts
Here's a test showing that kind of combo in action with cell monitors hooked up to each battery:

Testing 2 Different mAh capacity LiPo Batteries connected in parallel.. (3 min 34 sec)

I don't think going lighter on the battery will do you any good...because according to Scott at HobbyKing (the one who does most of those preview videos), even the 1800 needs to go all the way forward in the nose for correct CG (reference this link, "DISCUSSION" tab, and expand to see all posts, then scroll down). So if you use a 1500, you will just have to make up the difference with dead weight, or risk flying tail-heavy.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Do NOT go lighter on the battery, 1800mAh is perfect for C of G, any lighter and be prepared for a very interesting ride.....I know....I test flew them originally on 1600mAh 4s packs.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:12 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,700 Posts
Hey Scott...thanks for chiming in. And can you give any insight as to why everyone's orders which include these "Performance Racer Series" planes are taking extraordinarily long to process compared to orders which do not include these planes? Are the planes not actually "in stock?" I've never had a HobbyKing order sit this long before...and it's certainly nowhere near Chinese New Year.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:05 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Scott, will we be seeing these in the Red bull paint scheme in the future?
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:45 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Yes, they are in stock, I have no idea why there are delays, it can only be down to warehousing, which I am afraid I have no part in. Assuming you have not ordered something else that is not in stock, then I am a bit baffled, I will look into it on Tuesday (Monday is a bank holiday here)

Red Bull? Nooooooooooooo, their lawyers just love handing out law suits.....not going anywhere near it!!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:49 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy View Post
I was told that it says its in stock, but they're actually having to wait for parts to come from somewhere else. Weird, I know....Don't order one of these planes unless you have a good bit of patience. I've placed 4 orders with hobbyking since ordering the Racer and all of them arrived last week. 2 of which were global orders....
I think somebody was confused here....the planes are in stock but when the replacement parts arrived, we were not happy with the configuration of some of them, these planes were designed so that you can just literally replace say one wing in seconds, the factory had made it a little less easy than we wanted, but they will be back with is and available in for plug and replace format we wanted very shortly.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:55 PM
My poor poor planes.
Joined May 2012
328 Posts
[QUOTE=phoenix racing;22041937]I think somebody was confused here....the planes are in stock but when the replacement parts arrived, we were not happy with the configuration of some of them, these planes were designed so that you can just literally replace say one wing in seconds, the factory had made it a little less easy than we wanted, but they will be back with is and available in for plug and replace format we wanted very shortly.[/QUOTE

Will a 2200mah 4s work?
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:03 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
565 Posts
A 2200 4s would be too heavy.
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:48 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
I have flown it on a 2200mAh 4s and it really is too heavy, had that feeling that it was going to snap on me, I wouldn't reccomend it.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:08 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,768 Posts
Will these fly fine on 2200mah 3S? I'm just after some sport flying (loops & rolls & KE, etc..) and no wild 3D harrier or anything like that.
dude_109 is online now Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:24 PM
My poor poor planes.
Joined May 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
I have flown it on a 2200mAh 4s and it really is too heavy, had that feeling that it was going to snap on me, I wouldn't reccomend it.
Thanks! I was curious since I had a few laying around.