HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
662 Posts
Cool
That great CS at Horizon Hobby

I posted elsewhere about how I had a mid-air with my PZ 109. Glued that all back together, but in the crash that long extra antenna was pulled out of my AR500 receiver and never found. All my fault with no doubt. I looked at it and figured I could replace it, but Horizon told me that part was not available to buy, only as a shop or tech part.

So, I shipped the receiver off to Horizon service with a note not to exceed 20 dollars for a repair, then I kinda forgot about it. Well, I got 2 emails. One when it arrived and one when it was completed and shipped. Perfect communication, all you could ever want or need to stay up to date on the repair.

Got home yesterday, my receiver had arrived. Well, actually a brand new in package AR-600. DSMX, Flightlog and telemetry compatible. A total upgrade. A 60 dollar value unit for no charge and they shipped it back for free as well.

The note on the invoice from tech Larry says "I am replacing the AR500 in the spirit of customer service". Ya, I'll say!

The same week I swore off that Hong Kong toy store, I become re-affirmed as a happy life long customer of Horizon products and service. Isn't that called Karma, or Irony, or Kismet? Some fancy word like that.

Proving that it actually is possible. Quite possible and can be done very well.

Thanks Horizon.

-Craig
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jul 2012
512 Posts
Yep they are great! I just recently sent in 2 AR600's and a TM1000 unit for evaluation reference my telem module shutting down all the time. This would occur even when the plane was on the ground no more than 20 feet from me. ANyways, shipped all 3 off to them and they replaced all of them with brand new units. Won't see that anywhere!
erikc641 is offline Find More Posts by erikc641
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
service

i spent two days trying to get my 26cc t-craft to work with a dx6i tx. i spent about 15 min on the phone with Mike on the help line. what a great feeling to know that guys like Mike are there to help. great work guys
mudcan is offline Find More Posts by mudcan