Closed Thread
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Suggestion
Moderation Appeal: a point given in contradiction to previous review

Post warned: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21167783

The person reporting the post is purely exacting out pesonal vendettas against numers other RCG posters as evident by his own warning log. The post above does not attack his personal character but accurately points out that his responses are deliberately dodging arguments which debunk his posts.

If we're going to mince definitions, the one that's most applicable would be 2b as below:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse
Quote:
b : difficult to comprehend : not clear or precise in thought or expression
Which as the rest of the post points out, is asking for clarification and not attacking anyone's character. It's also not the first time that "obtuse" has been used to desribe his evasive posts:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20882478
Quote:
Thanks, Jim.

In addition, I take personal exception to the comment entered by the moderator:

Quote:
Please stop reporting users for asking obtuse questions. There is no rule against being obtuse, which is why you are still on the site.
Specifically, I do agree that there is no rule against being obtuse, but in this case, I did consider the posts that I reported to be Obnoxious Behavior in the manner they were repeatedly presented. And, this appears to refer to my manner of discussion, where I question other users to determine the basis for their statements. Valid questions such as I ask, are not 'being obtuse.'

So if it's good enough for a moderator to use, why is it off-limits to users? Also, why is a point being awared two months after it was already reported and not awarded? Wouldn't that be yet another example of excessive reporting of posts on the reporter's part?
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:58 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,401 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=376722
Warning - Personal Attack
Issue:

Quote:
The person reporting the post is purely exacting out pesonal vendettas against numers other RCG posters as evident by his own warning log. The post above does not attack his personal character but accurately points out that his responses are deliberately dodging arguments which debunk his posts.

If we're going to mince definitions, the one that's most applicable would be 2b as below:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse
Quote:
b : difficult to comprehend : not clear or precise in thought or expression
Which as the rest of the post points out, is asking for clarification and not attacking anyone's character. It's also not the first time that "obtuse" has been used to desribe his evasive posts:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20882478
Quote:
Thanks, Jim.

In addition, I take personal exception to the comment entered by the moderator:

Quote:
Please stop reporting users for asking obtuse questions. There is no rule against being obtuse, which is why you are still on the site.
Specifically, I do agree that there is no rule against being obtuse, but in this case, I did consider the posts that I reported to be Obnoxious Behavior in the manner they were repeatedly presented. And, this appears to refer to my manner of discussion, where I question other users to determine the basis for their statements. Valid questions such as I ask, are not 'being obtuse.'

So if it's good enough for a moderator to use, why is it off-limits to users? Also, why is a point being awared two months after it was already reported and not awarded? Wouldn't that be yet another example of excessive reporting of posts on the reporter's part?
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:54 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
15 days old
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Apr 2012
811 Posts
This point will stand. You cannot refer to another user as obtuse.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Closed Thread