HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:11 AM
Damn this gets addictive.
United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2011
529 Posts
Discussion
A glue question for UK based EPP builders.

I've been using UHU Por for most of my building. Either by spreading on one surface and squeezing together, separating and allowing to pick up before putting back together or applying to both surfaces, allowing to pick up and then assembling. I'm starting to get things peeling apart on some the older planes (ones I built about a year ago).
Does anyone else get this or am I doing something wrong? I think it might be related to heat. Say if I leave a plane in the car all day so I can fly after work or in the house on a sunny day.
I use hot glue for mounting components like horns and motor mounts and don't have issues but I can see this method working on large glue areas or long joint even if I didn't mind the extra weight.
I think basically I'm looking for a better glue. Our friends across the pond mention quite a few but web searches are coming up blank on those.
Any ideas Gents?

Ps. Just ordered my first batch of depron so any glue suggestions for that would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thechittyfather is offline Find More Posts by Thechittyfather
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
Went to mow a meadow
Joined Feb 2007
1,439 Posts
PU adhesive

I am using PU glue from Toolstation and Screwfix, they are both quick setting - around 10 mins - you can also get 30mins type but I've not tried that. Its best to slightly dampen one of the surfaces with water. Does tend to foam up slightly so use sparingly
Works well on depron

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhe.../sd3198/p78519

http://www.screwfix.com/p/joiners-ma...e-310ml/30590#

Cheers
Frank
frank48 is offline Find More Posts by frank48
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:56 PM
Damn this gets addictive.
United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2011
529 Posts
Cheers Frank