HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc67 View Post
I recently upgraded to the Futaba 8FG super with the R6208SB Receiver and have my quad connected using the S-Bus. It was confusing at first but managed to get it setup. On page 15 of the naza manual, it shows the channel assignment for S-BUS. Also, make sure under naza assistant you set receiver type to D-Bus. For the channel assignment under the TX "function", I have 1-AIL, 2-ELE, 3-THR, 4-RUD, 5-NDL (X1), 6-GEAR (X2), 7-PIT (U).

Transmitter is set for Heli mode (swash type: H-1).

Ch 7 (pit) (naza U) is set for Control mode using pitch setting (n, idle1, idle2) - assign switch under "condition" menu - Set end points under pitch curve.

Ch 6 (gear) (naza X2) for IOC - switch is set under "Function" menu

Ch 5 (NDL) (naza X1) - set for remote gain setting.

For failsafe, I have throttle position set for 45% under throttle hold position, set throttle hold end points under pitch curve and set switch under "condition" menu. For failsafe functions if signal is lost, go to the "failsafe menu" for setup. I would suggest you set this regardless because the default setting is HOLD for all function which mean you lose signal and the sticks will not go back to center.

I have tested my quad and everything works. I have tested failsafe under the Naza Assistant only.
I cant thank you enough for this post.
ModusO is offline Find More Posts by ModusO
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
52 Posts
[help] Dji naza GPS setting for turnigy9x

can anyone post video about how to setup 3 position switch to activate RTH and failsafe in turnigy 9x ( orignal firmware ) please !!!!!

tks
r2pardjo is offline Find More Posts by r2pardjo
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:22 AM
United Kingdom, Bures
Joined May 2012
203 Posts
My DX7 settings

Model set to Heli, 1 servo, AUX2-AUX2, GEAR-GEAR

PROG MIX1
Gear-gear, rate -6%, -25%, sw: f-nr, offset 0

PROG MIX2
Gear-gear, rate -101%, -19%, sw: f-s12, offset 0

PROG MIX3
Gear-gear, rate -125%, +55%, sw: f-s2, offset -34

Travel adjust
GEAR +87%,-51%
AUX2 +85%, -85%

THRO HOLD
HOLD POS, 50% , sw AILE D/R

This setup gives me my 3 flight modes and failsafe in any mode using 3pos switch and gear switch.

This also gives me throttle hold at 50% on the AILE d/r switch and Homelock/Man on AUX2

Hope it's of help!
Mustflynow is offline Find More Posts by Mustflynow
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
When I calibrate my tx everything sits at green except my elevator, it is about 14-16 clicks negative of green. When I move the joystick for elevator forward it wont max out in range and is about the same distance short of max that it is off of center position. Even when I change the endpoints I can't get it to sit properly. Anyone have ideas? Re-calibration doesn't work.

My setup
f550 with naza
futaba tf8g with sbus
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:21 AM
United Kingdom, Bures
Joined May 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusO View Post
When I calibrate my tx everything sits at green except my elevator, it is about 14-16 clicks negative of green. When I move the joystick for elevator forward it wont max out in range and is about the same distance short of max that it is off of center position. Even when I change the endpoints I can't get it to sit properly. Anyone have ideas? Re-calibration doesn't work.

My setup
f550 with naza
futaba tf8g with sbus
Ask over in the naza/gps thread as this is for confirmed tips and setting vids.

But in the mean time check your trims and sub trims.

Thanks

Sorry it just keeps the clutter down.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:39 PM
Eagle, ID
Joined Feb 2010
20 Posts
Hi all I wanted to say thanks for the great thread. I used it to make my firmware-gps upgrade a little easier.. So some the thing I have learned:

Next Level ESC's that worked with the old firmware don't work with 1.6 (work around attached)

I am still having one issue . I put the quad in fail safe return to home. It landed fine but I did a little tree trimming, but that was fine landed and before the motors stopped it flipped on its side. what do I need to do to correct this? (other than start out further form the tree LOL)

ESC fix So here is what i did after reading your post:

1. unplug the lead form 3x port on naza

2. turn on transmitter

3. plug in main flight pack

4. plug in the x3 naza's vu (I added jst and a shorting lead on the other end of the jst )

Inov8tive says that they can update the firmware on the esc and they work just fine with out plugging and unplugging.
Austin42 is offline Find More Posts by Austin42
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
set up with spectrum dx6i ?

cant seem to get in the manual and auto mode.....any help would be great

tks in advance steve
stevewj is offline Find More Posts by stevewj
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Lately my f550 has been acting kind of strange. In attitude mode I notice the control lags a bit when I yaw left. Then when I was testing it out at low altitude it got stock yawing left and went kind of crazy. Any idea what could be causing this behavior?
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusO View Post
Lately my f550 has been acting kind of strange. In attitude mode I notice the control lags a bit when I yaw left. Then when I was testing it out at low altitude it got stock yawing left and went kind of crazy. Any idea what could be causing this behavior?
To elaborate on my previous question, would strange behavior like the yaw sticking be a result of the unit being under powered? Now that I think about it the unit has been acting strange since I switched from 4c to 3c batteries. My f550 by itself weighs 1202 grams. It's payload with battery, landing gear and gopro is 922 grams. Is that too much for the f550 to handle on a 3c battery? I am using 10'' graupners.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:47 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2012
9 Posts
Hi All,
I have attached my setup for my Flame F550 (GPS) with my DX18 and AR9020 Rx
It is set it up have switch A as a fail safe switch in any naza control mode.

When binding .. make sure switch A is set to fail safe (away from you is failsafe, in this setup)

I used this fail safe switch instead of turning off the Tx for testing.
It is also useful when you just want the thing to come home and land without turning off the Tx.
It will come home and land in any naza control mode.

To get Switch A to work as a fail safe I set up a mix from AUX3 (switch A) to GER
Rate is set as -49.

Servo travel for Gear is set for switch position zero at 82 and position one at 84 (switch C)

I have programmed switch C to be the naza control mode switch.
Switch F is the IOC.

Aux2 is set to the right slider and I have plugged that into X1 port on the naza and have enabled all the following in the naza autopilot.

Basic pitch = remote adjust X1
Basic roll = remote adjust X1
Basic yaw = INH (inhibited)
Basic vertical = remote adjust X1

Attitude gain (pitch) = remote adjust X1
Attitude gain (roll) = remote adjust X1

This settup allows me to fly in quite strong winds as I just remotely increase or decrease the gain from 50% to 150% as required.

Even at 150% it's still very controllable in GPS and A mode...
I haven't been brave enough yet to try high gains in Manual.

edit: I have corrected the failsafe switch binding direction error I made in the bind description.

P.S. I just went up .... VERY high ... in a 10 knot breeze gusting to 12 knots and fail safe auto landed it with no problem at all.
spitfire007 is offline Find More Posts by spitfire007
Last edited by spitfire007; Aug 02, 2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:46 AM
United Kingdom, Bures
Joined May 2012
203 Posts
Thanks for the input! Great job.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:04 PM
United States, CA, Pacific Grove
Joined Jan 2012
60 Posts
This is a great thread. Thanks for all the input. People should also take a look at Tony97 "gouge" on the naza gps thread, it is an absolute must for naza gps. He summarizes the major issues, fixes and gives links.

I will be doing my test flight tonight...fingers crossed
repodog is offline Find More Posts by repodog
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:13 AM
Sverige, Stockholms Län, Värmdö
Joined Mar 2011
120 Posts
Hello

I fly my Quad with Naza and GPS.
It flies incredibly well in the GPS position and GPS atti mode. But in manual mode so it does not work at all. Flips around when I lift. Have not tried to change gainen in manullt mode I fly most of the atti but would now like to fly a little more advanced in manual mode. Should I raise or lower the basic gains?
Tokaz is offline Find More Posts by Tokaz
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:41 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by testfly View Post
Here is the video covering GPS mounting, setup and a little about understanding "IOC" flight modes.

http://youtu.be/UEI84W6BzuE
gonna mount my gps later this evening. So before I setup everything, a few Qs:

1. can I skip the IOC setup?.....
2. what is the main goodness of IOC?
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:03 AM
FL
Joined Jul 1999
480 Posts
It is best to set your model up with all functions working.

IOC can help you get out of trouble. (IE: if you fly out and all of a sudden your not sure which way the model is going)
Watch that video and pay close attention to the lesson. It explains a lot about IOC.
testfly is offline Find More Posts by testfly