HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:43 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Discussion
Too bad hobby King ...

Ill never order from you again and it was worth the 34 dollars ...now I know first impressions are lasting impressions ....

Hi john ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.
Thank you for your reply.
Please be advised that since we have not received your credit card image, I am afraid we will not be able to process the order for you.
Please be advised that your order will be cancelled and a refund has been requested for you; please kindly place a new order with us via PayPal online.
Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Ricky
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!

So you take the money off the card it goes in your pocket and then you refund the money cause you dont have an image?

What I have to buy a scanner now you have an interest free loan for a month well I know that its only 34 bucks that why I order cheap first .... its a test keep the thirty bucks its a gift ...

But multiply that times a thousand for all the other suckers out there ...you make a pretty penny .... Banana hobby gives a better deal than you guys ...

I will continue to order through nitroplanes .... and banana .... youll never see a dime from me again I got your number ...
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:39 AM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
I would not trust my credit card number with Hobby King, much less a picture of it. I would always use pay pal if I even considered buying from Hobby K**p which I would not even consider buying from them.

But when you buy from HK, it's a gamble. Usually a losing bet, really.

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:50 AM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
my money was refunded quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by countilaw View Post
I would not trust my credit card number with Hobby King, much less a picture of it. I would always use pay pal if I even considered buying from Hobby K**p which I would not even consider buying from them.

But when you buy from HK, it's a gamble. Usually a losing bet, really.

Frank
Lesson learned my card was credited back the funds ....too bad companies drop the ball like this I guess some guys have good luck and others bad ...Ive done well with Banana and Nitro ... so I dunno they blow a customer by probably not keeping the ordering method simple ...

But I just got my money back so ill put it to rest ....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:08 AM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,567 Posts
Just use Paypal and then you have someone in your corner if the order is deficient.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Just use Paypal and then you have someone in your corner if the order is deficient.
Yup thats what ill do thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
HK could thorougly dominate the industry if they would even have an ounce of attention to customer service. Here's where someone sweeps in and outHK's HK.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:46 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post
HK could thorougly dominate the industry if they would even have an ounce of attention to customer service. Here's where someone sweeps in and outHK's HK.
HK does dominate the industry

I had to take an image of my card when I first started ordering from them, before I used paypal. Its actually a good security measure to make sure you are in fact the card holder and not using someone elses card. You dont take an image of the entire card, you just block out everything but the last 4 numbers. I guess it was a bit easier for me to do it as the first time I did it, was on a prepaid card that I used for online purchases only.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
Cloud, what makes you think they currently dominate the industry?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Cloud, what makes you think they currently dominate the industry?
The fact that they do??
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:52 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
I'm not sure I agree with you. I think they have made headway into the low end/parkflyer market but there is much, much more than 3s 2100 cells and $2.99 servos.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:01 AM View Post
countilaw
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:23 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure I agree with you. I think they have made headway into the low end/parkflyer market but there is much, much more than 3s 2100 cells and $2.99 servos.
Dan, I would suggest that what you are refering to as the low end park flier market probably has a higher worldwide turnover than high end club and governing body sanctioned forms of the sport. RC is a sport and a hobby. I would suggest by the very company name "hobby"king they probably aren't that intersted in the official sport side of it.

I think you should have a closer look, the Lipo and servo range is a little bit broader than you are giving it credit with your example and doesn't differ that much from what other vendors supply.

I would agree with cloud that the part of the market they deal in they dominate.

As for the OP, hey it's his choice where he shops.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
countilaw why cant I quote your post?? The answer, for the 12309324 time, is no. Do you receive compensation from some company for spewing forth hate on a company that does in fact dominate the industry in several areas?? You seem very upset over this topic... Upset enough to insult someone
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 3d astronaut; Jun 15, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:33 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Yawn ....

Really ....its my thread ... they refunded the payment after I didnt feel I had to submit a copy of my credit card some of us dont feel we need to buy a scanner to make a minor purchase what didnt make sense was the fact that they had already taken the payment ....

I just placed another add throgh pay pal as someone else suggested lets see what happens there ... a minor order a few orange receivers ...

If I dont get my package in two weeks .... well I know the deal ...

Enough with the back and forth .... I feel like I'm hanging out with my ex wife ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:28 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrash.NYC View Post
I just placed another add throgh pay pal as someone else suggested lets see what happens there ... a minor order a few orange receivers ...

If I dont get my package in two weeks .... well I know the deal ...
Paying with paypal will help dramatically if something goes wrong. I doubt that you'll get your order in two weeks... but if the need arises, paypal will level the playing field.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320