SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:01 PM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
171 Posts
Discussion
Long weekend was epic

The weather forecast was accurate, the wife was undertanding and I scored 32 flights over the 3 days (remember it is only 4km from my place to the flying field, and takes longer to load the car than drive there).

Saturday at dawn (electric and nitro combo), Saturday afternoon (all nitro), Sunday afternoon (electric and nitro combo) and Monday morning (all electric warbirds).

Was great to fly 8 different models, blow some dust off some wings and generally chill out. I had air time of just on 4 hours, which is incredible considering that 18 months ago that was several months' worth of flying my small foamies with their little 1100mah lipos!

Sunday afternoon we had 4 flyers and a few spectators, so the time literally flew. After starting at 2pm, it was suddenly pushing 5.30pm and too dark to see our FMS warbirds when they hit the treeline on approach. PZ Wildcat, 4-stroke Decathlon and Cub, FMS P-51's and F4U, SE5a, Hyperion Extra 300L, various nitro trainers, some heli action, T-28's and miscellaneous other stuff.

Ordinary weather forecast for the upcoming weekend, but the boys at SHMAC will find some time for some air time.

August in Robinvale then our hosting the AEFA fun fly in October will get here very fast I reckon...
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts