HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
35 Posts
Discussion
What engine and servos would be best for Wot 4? Also how much fuel is needed?

I'm hopefully going to buy a nitro Wot 4 ARTF soon but I was just wondering which servos would be best to get, and how many. If it helps, the receiver and transmitter I'm hoping to get is a Futaba 6EX 6CH 2.4GHz with an R617FS receiver. Links would be helpful too! Oh, I live in the UK by the way, so links to UK sites would be much appreciated but one that sells their products in dollars would be ok too, as I could just look for the same product here in the UK. Also, I was thinking of an Irvine 40 engine, but I don't think it will be long till I want a more powerful engine, so any recommendations of engines would also be much appreciated. Also, what receiver battery would be best for the receiver I mentioned? Again, a link would be good. And one last question, how many ml/l of glow fuel does an Irvine 40 take for one flight? Thanks in advance
absandams is offline Find More Posts by absandams
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Os 46 anything or an os 40 ax. The ax so much more powerfull than its size it amazing. Or go to the local club and ask around for a second hand engine you could buy. Make sure that they run it in front of you from the first start of the day ( lets you see how hard to start it at the hardest time)
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Feb 2012
35 Posts
Thanks! Anyone got any recommendations for servos and a receiver battery?
absandams is offline Find More Posts by absandams
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:37 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Standard servos are the usual ones in use. If you go to the lhs and ask, theyll be able to tell you which ones.
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Mar 2011
70 Posts
Abs- nearly finished my wot 4 and using an irvine 40 engine too. The 40 is bottom of the power range- but these are great engines- I'm learning with one in a ready trainer and there is plenty power to learn with (and to progress with). For the standard servos- good ones would be Futaba S148 Standard Servo (8.99 from Als Hobbies- they do mail order)- these servos also are good for 6v. As long as your rx can do 6v- then its a good idea as this gives the servos more torque than 4.8v. But as always- talk to the guys at your club and they no doubt can help further- I had a lesson at mine today and one of the guys had wot4 and I was able to get a good many helpfull tips to finish mine off- can't stress enough the importance of joining a club.
CaptainMorgan is offline Find More Posts by CaptainMorgan
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Mar 2011
70 Posts
You will need 5 servos (2 for ailerons, 1 for throttle, 1 for elevator and one for rudder) to run the wot4. General concensus at my club is this will be a great trainer/2nd plane.
CaptainMorgan is offline Find More Posts by CaptainMorgan