HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Aug 2011
777 Posts
Discussion
Where did the love go?

Sad news.

The ship known as "Pacific Princess" aka "The love boat" sold as scrap.

I remember this show fairly well, was never a big fan but it was a big part of american TV in the 70's.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/0...-to-scrapyard/
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:39 AM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Remember it well, too, but wasn't much of a viewer of it. Too "cornball" for me, even for the 70's.

Speaking of the 70's though, I've picked up watching the old "Hawaii Five-O" with Jack Lord. It started life in the late 60's and went for quite awhile into the 70's. I'm really enjoying most of the episodes. They've held up reasonably well after all the years, of course the clothing styles are really dated. Pretty funny to see what was thought to be "cool" fashion-wise in the 70's versus today. What's kind of disturbing is to realize most of the actors have passed-on.

Learned on-line that Jack Lord was apparently in the running to be the original Capt. Kirk. 'Ol William Shatner is still tooling along.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
777 Posts
The phones!!!
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Learned on-line that Jack Lord was apparently in the running to be the original Capt. Kirk. 'Ol William Shatner is still tooling along.
I was a big fan of Jack Lord way before then in the early sixties when he was Stoney Burke.
I was twelve years old when I would sit in the living room of my parent's Wisconsin lake cabin (on Blueberry Lake ) in the evening when all you could hear outside were crickets, and I'd grab some popcorn and make sure not to miss the cowboy antics of Stoney Burke on the rodeo circuit.
Warren Oats and Bruce Dern were regulars on the show as well.

It's getting crazy when everyone from when I was growing up are all dead now.

Now where did I put my number...?
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight