Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexaFlexa View Post
I thought id chip in to the snobbery argument about " Fake frames".. I bought the carbon (Fake carbon) Whatever frame and think its a steal for the price. Concidering the truely rediculous price the cinestar frame is , and for what extra.. a few bits of rubber damping.. woweee.. any one with an ounce of common sense can add a plate with some dampers on it to the frame and get a great frame for a way less than the cost of th e cinestar and enough change to stick a DJI wookong on it.. Yee haa i love mine, and as im not planning on working for steven Speilberg any time in the near future its plenty good enough for my needs.. But hey if you have money to burn follow the sheep.. Err I mean crowd and buy a frame that costs 3 times what its worth and leave the bargains to us cheapskates, who will be laughing all the way to the bank..

Oh and it flies too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8-ldMdVoM
Look carefully at your video footage, so much wobble/twitches and you wanna compare these with Cinestar 8 ?
I bet you didn't have a chance to see the real Cinestar in actions.
Pls try harder with your fake CS....haha
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
894 Posts
CineStar Clones

Guys,

The world is full of Clones/copies! The CineStar and this Professional FPV
22mm (yatta...yatta) are just two different models of a Multi-rotor Octocopter,
except one is about $1000.00 less! So what! You know, different strokes... for different folks.

This thread is full of good MRC info and I enjoy it, so Hexa Flexa and Jab just keep up the good work!
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:51 PM
United Kingdom, England, Addlestone
Joined May 2012
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estiavilla View Post
Look carefully at your video footage, so much wobble/twitches and you wanna compare these with Cinestar 8 ?
That was my first test flight and the camera was just stuck on the top, No tuning what so ever and it still flies nice.. How much better do you think the cinestar would be in the same situalion..? Not a lot i suspect. and for the money i dont have an issue with it as it will be way better by the time its finished.
Plus i wont have spent a small fortune just for a name..
And Yes ive seen a Real Cinestar, and the laughable price tag too..
HexaFlexa is offline Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined May 2012
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
Nice video and photo.

Regarding motor mounts that clamp on to tubes - is there a trick to making sure the mounts are all in the same plane, perfectly perpendicular to the ground? In my case I had to mount the motor to the mounting plate before I could mount it on the tube. So I couldn't use a level. I just made sure that the ends of the motor mount bolts sat flat on the floor. But I was wondering if there is a more precise method.

Russ
Hi Russ. Well my method was to firstly eye the level through from the end of the Arm across the mount and visually line it up with the frame plates, then i measured the tips of the props down to the floor and as long as both tips measured the same i took that as being as close as i could get them.. seems to work for me..
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
894 Posts
Hexa Flexa, those motors sound great and powerful. Who's make are they and
what size props did you use? And with the choice of adjusting the arms, what
overall diameter did you end up with?
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined May 2012
590 Posts
My motors are T-motor 3506 650 kv.. running 12 inch props in that video. Going to try 13s next and thats all only running on 1x 4000 3s lipo Yes 3s .. Im sure that will raise some comments. But its a work in progress at the moment so things might change yet. I love the motors though, smooth as silk and not too heffty on price either compared to some. Im not planning on lifting a Red epic so they have plenty of power for my needs.

Oh and its 1100 mm across
Last edited by HexaFlexa; Aug 14, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Just out of curiosity. Has anyone been able to test this directly against a Cinestar?

I would love to see tests where each copter is running all the same equipment and camera and see if one performs better than the other.

Anyone done something like this or has been able to put them up head to head?

- Kyle
HeliNutKyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliNutKyle
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined May 2012
590 Posts
At the end of the day they are both just frames, the performance is down mostly to the FC , motors etc and the pilot of course..Im sure there would be some slight differences but to what extent they would even be noticable im not sure.. But I bet it wont be $1000 plus worth..
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:45 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
I cannot comment on the real v the fake... but i can say that performance can be frame dependent

Frame stiffness is important, many cheap frames flex, and flex a lot!

I do know the real one is very stiff and has very good vibration isolation.

I am not sure if it is worth the extra $$, but ..... yeah, the frame is important
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined May 2012
590 Posts
Yeah fair comment Adidas, But i have mine at its full width 1100mm and there is no flex whatsoever, I dont know how stiff the cinestar would be in comparison, but this thing is rock solid, I even loaded it up with a pile of books on top and there was no noticable flex / bend in it, I guess its down to what people expect from there purchases.. And I was of the impression that Carbon was a poor material to use anyway as it transmits a lot of vibes. ?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:39 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
well if it is stiff than that is good... and all you can ask for.

I wonder what the weight difference is between the real thing v this one
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:55 PM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
I have with me a real and a fake Cinestar6, you will be amazed how stiff and light the real ones as compared with the fake.

Let me take some pics on the weighing scale and post them later.

My intention was to use the Cinestar6 for some commerical serious footage, and the fake with similar FC for low budget shoot, so it doesn't matter much if my fake gets in to trouble in mid air...haha

So it will be GH2 on the fake and 5D2 on the real.

I do get the best of both worlds. I supports the original, but i need lots of fakes to stand in for the job too at times.
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Jul 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
My fake frame uses 22mm by 1mm thick tubing, and everything else is 2mm thick. I can't imagine needing 4mm thick, but 2mm thick tubing would be nice.
Can you tell what type of tubing it is? Extruded, spiral extruded, cloth, spiral wound, mandrel woven, etc.?

2mm thick plates will probably flex a bit under load particularly with all the lightening holes. These things are under a lot of load at flight weight with a DLSR hung underneath.
diakatche is offline Find More Posts by diakatche
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:12 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,060 Posts
No payload in this video, but as you can see I am getting decent performance using the fake.. Vibration measurement from the YS-X6 was at 2 average and 3 in the strong gusts (scale goes from 1 (best) to 9 (worst) ).
BlackStar8 - YS-X6 - Strong wind (2 min 3 sec)
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:28 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estiavilla View Post
What are you smoking Astalavista? the electronics fly the frame not the other way around, once its tuned in...all will be good!, I think you have been caught up in the marketing hype and warm fuzzies feel good factor in thinking these expensive frames are many times better then these clone frames and must make me an amazing videographer if I brought one.....yeah right!

It is foolish to believe that only expensive things can be any good.
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Last edited by koolkiwikat; Aug 15, 2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: speiling