HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:26 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
GLB has been selling real Highend stuff for a while. They have the s800 and WKM as well.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined Jul 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
GLB has been selling real Highend stuff for a while. They have the s800 and WKM as well.
The point was the price. The S800 and Z15 are closer to reality. The C8 frame kit, which is what the GLB is selling, retails for $1749. They want $3000! The gimbal is $1499 and they want $2577! Come on now...
diakatche is offline Find More Posts by diakatche
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwing View Post
Hi guys,

We received last week package of GLB with Okto Fiber version.
All the clamps for motor, central plate and legs are missing.
So delay in build new machine.
I'll contact them tomorrow and see how the service is.......

Tube are nice carbon.

I keep you updated with progress,

Koos Maring
www.broadwing.eu
Broadwing, you are not the only one with missing parts from an order!
I now have two camera gimbals with missing parts, no instructions and
missing hardware. I paid extra for DHL 3 day shiping because I needed
them fast for a video shoot. Now I am dead for the shoot on Thurs. and I
know I will have a big problem with GLB Customer Service. Like you, I
will see what they do!!!!
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:33 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
come on, you actually relied on GLB for a time sensitive job?

GLB is only useful when you dont care when you get the items.... and you are buying knowing that there is a decent amount of issues and you might not ever get it.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8 Posts
update missing parts

The service department of GLB was fast with their first reaction.

I needed some photo's to explain what is missing. They understand but....now silence for two days.
No reply. Ofcourse they need support of the vendor.

Just wait and see.

rgds
www.broawing.eu
broadwing is offline Find More Posts by broadwing
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Jan 2006
939 Posts
GLB missing items

Adidas, you are right.....I must of lost my mind, but when I saw 3 day DHL for
an extra $24.00, I got hooked! It's the poor packing, no instruction sheets and
no packing slip that ticked me off. I'll soon see if customer service will make it
right & if not....it's off to PayPal protest.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Addlestone
Joined May 2012
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajeff View Post
Adidas, you are right.....I must of lost my mind, but when I saw 3 day DHL for
an extra $24.00, I got hooked! It's the poor packing, no instruction sheets and
no packing slip that ticked me off. I'll soon see if customer service will make it
right & if not....it's off to PayPal protest.
Ive used GLB loads of times and with the DHL shipping its been in my hands in 48 hours, less sometimes, If I were you i'd use the skype chat option on the GLB site and im sure they will sort it out, They have always been spot on with my orders.
Just be polite and they will sort it out, Its never the boss on skype but a girl paid to field the calls, so no point ranting at her..
I hope you get it sorted soon because they are nice frames when built and mine flies perfect now ive fitted bigger props.
Good luck.
HexaFlexa is offline Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Jan 2006
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexaFlexa View Post
Ive used GLB loads of times and with the DHL shipping its been in my hands in 48 hours, less sometimes, If I were you i'd use the skype chat option on the GLB site and im sure they will sort it out, They have always been spot on with my orders.
Just be polite and they will sort it out, Its never the boss on skype but a girl paid to field the calls, so no point ranting at her..
I hope you get it sorted soon because they are nice frames when built and mine flies perfect now ive fitted bigger props.
Good luck.
Hexa, I did exactly what you had suggested but with the "Chat" option and the CS Rep was most helpful. I got a return authorization email and hopefully they will do the right thing and issue a PayPal credit upon receiving and inspecting the two camera mounts to see that there are indeed many missing parts. It just mystifies me that GLB cannot comprehend that assembly instructions with photos is totally necessary for these products (can you imagine Horizon sending a product without instructions......they would get crucified in the forums) and that quality control upon filling orders properly with proper packaging is just simple common sense! I don't get it!!!!!!
Last edited by Papajeff; Aug 23, 2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: formatting
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:40 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexaFlexa View Post
Good luck.
you might have had good results.... but there are many threads here warning people about issues with GLB.

So it does not surprise me that someone had an issue with an order
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:21 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajeff View Post
Hexa, I did exactly what you had suggested but with the "Chat" option and the CS Rep was most helpful. I got a return authorization email and hopefully they will do the right thing and issue a PayPal credit upon receiving and inspecting the two camera mounts to see that there are indeed many missing parts. It just mystifies me that GLB cannot comprehend that assembly instructions with photos is totally necessary for these products (can you imagine Horizon sending a product without instructions......they would get crucified in the forums) and that quality control upon filling orders properly with proper packaging is just simple common sense! I don't get it!!!!!!
I often find that products coming directly from china do not have instructions, but certainly a gimbal needs them. I just got a gimbal from China (not GLB), and not only were there no instructions, the main part of the gimbal was broken - completely non-functional. I emailed them two days ago and still no answer.
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Jul 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I just got my new 4S 8000mah batteries, so I haven't tested them yet.
But I got 10min flights testing with 4S 6600mah and no payload. AUW 3.8kg and landing at 14v (3.5v cell). So depending on how much overhead I get when I add payload, I estimate 15-20min flights using 4S 16000mah and AUW 6kg.
Hi Jab,

How much payload can this frame safely lift with your setup and fly
gurudutt is offline Find More Posts by gurudutt
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:39 PM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Oct 2010
963 Posts
I put a order in with goodluckbuy for 12 x GEMFAN APC 15x8" CW CCW Propeller for Multi-rotor Copter (2-Pair)

they have sent me 12 x CCW GEMFAN APC 15x8" Propellers ? thay should have sent me 6x ccw and 6x cw GEMFAN APC 15x8" Propellers
iv emaild them as I would like to know what they are going to do about this situation iv been waiting weeks for the goods to come to me and now I'm very disappointed with them this is ther advert

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gemfan-ap...r-2-pair-.html
rabone is offline Find More Posts by rabone
Last edited by rabone; Aug 25, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined May 2012
747 Posts
Anyway .back to the topic, has anyone else bought one of these frames ? Id be interested to know what Flightboards etc people are using, My wookong M works great but as im flying an octo it wont allow me gimbal control as well as 8 motors without running S-Bus RX, just wondering if anyone has fitted extra stabilisation for a gimbal. I ran an Xaircraft FC and AHRS mounted on top of A PhotoHigher AV130, with its own battery. works really well but had to strip it out because i sold the Xaircraft system in a RTF package so Im back to no gimbal control for now.. Any suggestions??
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined May 2012
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
you might have had good results.... but there are many threads here warning people about issues with GLB.

So it does not surprise me that someone had an issue with an order
Ive spent 1000's of $$'s with them and always had good service, Just doing a few simple checks before you order cuts out a hole load of potential issues. And out of 1000's of transactions some are bound to go wrong.
Plus you only hear about the bad experiences as a general rule..
Just adding a little balance thats all.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:29 AM
Joined Apr 2010
587 Posts
Ordered the glass version, waiting for delivery. Going to use it with an autoquad board.

Edit: Just received mine, everything looks good. And looks like everything is delivered.
hugy is offline Find More Posts by hugy
Last edited by hugy; Aug 27, 2012 at 06:53 AM.