HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
Santiago, Chile
Chile, Región Metropolitana, Stgo
Joined Oct 2011
75 Posts
But Wat's about the electronics used on real Cinestar (ESC, Motos and Propellers) how many kv are the motors (Axi or MK) wiche ESC use when install Wookong on the real Cinestar.
May be if anyone use the same electronics or similar kv motors may be get the same results, also we can purchase the isolation system from Cinestar (Expensive) or may be Replicate something similar.
flozano is offline Find More Posts by flozano
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:47 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diakatche View Post
Can you tell what type of tubing it is? Extruded, spiral extruded, cloth, spiral wound, mandrel woven, etc.?

2mm thick plates will probably flex a bit under load particularly with all the lightening holes. These things are under a lot of load at flight weight with a DLSR hung underneath.
I have no idea about the type of tubing, probably the cheapest type.

The 2mm thick plates will bend some individually, but when the two plates are separated an inch and fixed with through and through bolts x 24 (mine is a hex), there really isn't any flex in the base plate. Also, the heaviest camera I'm going to use is a NEX-5N.

I have some 3.2mm carbon fiber plate and it is about as flexible as iron, so like I said earlier, I just can't image needing 4mm for base plates. Also, if what you are saying is correct about the thickness of the CF, then the Cinestar has to be more than twice as heavy as my fake hex.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:14 AM
United Kingdom, England, Addlestone
Joined May 2012
633 Posts
So you were saying how the fake was no good in comparason to a real one but youve bought one.?? They cant be all that bad then can they if you'd lowered yourself to owning one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estiavilla View Post
I have with me a real and a fake Cinestar6, you will be amazed how stiff and light the real ones as compared with the fake.

Let me take some pics on the weighing scale and post them later.

My intention was to use the Cinestar6 for some commerical serious footage, and the fake with similar FC for low budget shoot, so it doesn't matter much if my fake gets in to trouble in mid air...haha

So it will be GH2 on the fake and 5D2 on the real.

I do get the best of both worlds. I supports the original, but i need lots of fakes to stand in for the job too at times.
HexaFlexa is offline Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined May 2012
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
No payload in this video, but as you can see I am getting decent performance using the fake.. Vibration measurement from the YS-X6 was at 2 average and 3 in the strong gusts (scale goes from 1 (best) to 9 (worst) ).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOpzFpSQk6Q
Looks good enough to me.. Now lets have someone show the Real deal in the same conditions and lets play spot the difference..
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:41 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
Are people in here completely forgetting the vibration dampener system that the real Cinestar employs? Of course the electronics fly the copter and I'm sure you can get a stable platform with the fake piece but let me know if you have no vibes on your camera out of the box. If you enjoy spending weeks if not months trying different combinations of isolators and mounts to remove 100% vibration in your video then use the fake.

The price difference certainly isn't ideal, but that camera mount system on the real unit sets it WAY apart from the fake.

If you are buying this to have fun taking pictures or just to fly around, I would say 110% anything more than the fake unit would be wasting your money. If you want to take video on the "pro" level then you'll pay the money for the real thing and it certainly is justified. On a side note the Flexacopter IMO is WAY better than all of them (if you only need a hexa).
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:58 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
I have brought up the vibration dampening in the past as well.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined May 2012
633 Posts
So is the dampner system on the REAL one part of the frame or the camera mount, and is it worth the 1000 bucks extra..? If anyone has one can they post a picture of this magical item.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Oct 2010
960 Posts
I agree with the fake being better all day long if you want to buy the full real setup then pay the cost? But some real people don’t have a gold mine in there pocket and they was not bought up with a silver spoon
rabone is offline Find More Posts by rabone
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Oct 2010
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Are people in here completely forgetting the vibration dampener system that the real Cinestar employs? Of course the electronics fly the copter and I'm sure you can get a stable platform with the fake piece but let me know if you have no vibes on your camera out of the box. If you enjoy spending weeks if not months trying different combinations of isolators and mounts to remove 100% vibration in your video then use the fake.

The price difference certainly isn't ideal, but that camera mount system on the real unit sets it WAY apart from the fake.

If you are buying this to have fun taking pictures or just to fly around, I would say 110% anything more than the fake unit would be wasting your money. If you want to take video on the "pro" level then you'll pay the money for the real thing and it certainly is justified. On a side note the Flexacopter IMO is WAY better than all of them (if you only need a hexa).
The vibration dampener system that the real Cinestar employs ?? lol is it made of gold because the price make it look stupid ??? Its just rubber dos this make it so good to buy at more then gold prices
rabone is offline Find More Posts by rabone
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:27 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabone View Post
I agree with the fake being better all day long if you want to buy the full real setup then pay the cost? But some real people don’t have a gold mine in there pocket and they was not bought up with a silver spoon
WTH man.... you think that someone that works hard for their money and chooses to pay the real company in the USA who actually designed and developed their own rigs are snobs?

seriously? We all MUST have the lowest cost items or else we are "silver spoon" snobs.

What about customer service, spare parts, knowing something actually works and isnt just CF laminate over GF.

I personally think it is lame to buy something that is a blatant ripoff of someone else's hard work....

I dont know who you think you are, but man if I was Tabb I would have a hard time developing new gear for our industry if I met people like you

Last edited by Adidas4275; Aug 15, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:32 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
There is a reason 95% of everything we use is manufactured in China, and its not because everything made in China is crap. Part of it is labor cost, part of it is work ethic, part of it is the intentional devaluation of the currency by the Chinese government. We can debate how this came to be, but all the sour grapes in the world won't change the fact it is very hard for US manufacturing to compete. Cinestar will have its niche customers, and maybe that's all they want. They will never be able to compete with China on a cost basis. All they can do is add their own high tech features, which they have done. So there is no point to comparing the Chinese version to the real thing - they are different animals. That doesn't mean that all the Chinese frames are crap, or all of them are CF veneer.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:35 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
There are 2 issues with your incoherent post.

1. You didn't read my post. You picked the idea out and read what you wanted to, then posted without finishing.
I never said the extra price was justified, in fact I said it wasn't "ideal".

2. You clearly have not a clue about the real frame. Instead of looking foolish and saying the vibration isolation is just made of rubber, goto www.quadrocopter.com. Look at the isolation they use, and then come back to this thread and apologize to everyone for not knowing a thing about the "real" frame before you post. You might notice some red coils that I'm pretty sure aren't made out of rubber.

On a side note, while you are there look at the thickness of CF plate that they use, compare it to this frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabone View Post
The vibration dampener system that the real Cinestar employs ?? lol is it made of gold because the price make it look stupid ??? Its just rubber dos this make it so good to buy at more then gold prices
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:38 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
who said all Chinese frames are crap?

I was mearly pointing out that your "silver spoon" comment was lame and not even factually correct.

If you have ever tried to hang a decent sized camera from a rig with a high performance gimbal you would know how difficult it is to get the right amount of isolation and stiffness. It is not as easy as it seems (hence the 999999 posts about smooth video)

anyways, I have no problem buying Chinese (DJI) stuff.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Jul 2009
484 Posts
Here is the construction details of the Cineplex damper from the C8 build manual.
diakatche is offline Find More Posts by diakatche
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:11 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Come on guys, cant we all just build frames and get along?
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat