SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:40 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Cool
Summer is Here!

Well, it sure got mighty humid and hot sooner than later, however, that did not stop anyone from RC Flying including myself!

I brought the old Airfield / FMS Bf-109 and the E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e and they both flew spectacular!

I flew the Bf-109 for a total of 3 flights and the E-Flite Hawker Hurricane for 2 flights. The Bf-109 sure has a torque roll to the left due to it's large 15 inch 3-Bladed propeller so, you really have to be ready when she lifts off ! The Hawker Hurricane 25e by E-Flite has no such characteristics what-so-ever!

I believe David Hart would recall that the last time I flew the Airfield / FMS Bf-109 was at the Tampa Electric Fun Fly late last year and it crashed because I inadvertently selected the WRONG switch for Main Gear Retraction, I instead selected the Trainer / Bind button and the model was just too close to the ground and did not recover in time. Last Thursday, I finally made the necessary repairs! I will still continue for cosmetic work in the future. My Spektrum DX7 has the Gear Retract switch on the Left and the Generic 2.4G Radio for the Bf-109 is on the Right!

I also flew the old 6-year old Hobby-Zone Super Cub with the Stock Brushed motor in the gearbox and Park Zone Radian. The Park Zone Spitfire did not fly as I was hungry and tired by the time I came to realize that it had not flown.

I met up with the regulars and Jason Roof was there but, not one else from the EDWARDS area.

A few pictures as usual.

The Bf-109's Canopy fell off on the first take-off and I will take this opportunity to install the better Pilot that these Airfield / FMS / BlitzRC models are coming with! The Bf-109 flew open cockpit!!

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Jun 10, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts