SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
1,075 Posts
OK Jim,

Very pleased to hear that the N17 is all better again, have a great re-maiden.

Bill
Bill Smudge is offline Find More Posts by Bill Smudge
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:15 PM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
excellent news mate, good idea with some extra weight up front, these WWI are no fun at all when tail heavy, looking forward to a successful maiden report, you deserve it!

Cheers
Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:36 AM
Buddha
United States, PA, Sellersville
Joined Apr 2011
233 Posts
I hope it looks as beautiful as before. Good luck on your maiden.

Rick
R. Martin is offline Find More Posts by R. Martin
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,575 Posts
Remaiden success!

The weather report for today was for 2 mph winds. So I headed out to the field, which is a 40 minute drive. I was met by a friend of mine. The wind was a little bit more than expected and a little across our runway. We fly right next to a dam on some Corp of Engineer land. The wind comes over the dam and swirls a little bit right over our field. Makes for some good turbulance on light models.

Anyway, I gave her the gas and she took off in about 5 feet and started to roll left. I got her back under control and climbed out. Plenty of power with the 2s and 12x8 apc e prop. Throttled back to 3/4 and tried to trim her out. Took several clicks of right aileron and a couple of clicks of down trim. She tooled around ok after that. Still had to stay on top with the swirling wind. After getting a feel for her, I brought her in for a perfect wheels landing in the grass. Except for take off, the flight was pretty uneventful.

After I got her trimmed out, she flew like fairly slow and easily. I would not recommend her for beginners. I am also glad I added that extra once and a half weight to the cowl. Final AUW is around 30 onces. Looking at around 55-60 watts/lb. Next time I will see if I can ring her out a bit and see what she can do.

Jim
JIMA is offline Find More Posts by JIMA
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
Buddha
United States, PA, Sellersville
Joined Apr 2011
233 Posts
Looks great. Nice pics. Congrats.

Rick
R. Martin is offline Find More Posts by R. Martin
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:43 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,327 Posts
Good for you, Jim!

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Jan 2003
2,575 Posts
Ok those are the fake flying shots. I did not get any still shots but a friend of mine took a video. Not a real good video but he did get the take off and the landing. Now if I can just figure out how to load it. It is an .AVI file. I tried to upload it and it just ran and ran. I finally gave up. Do you guys have any idea how to do it?

Thanks for the compliments.

Jim
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:27 PM
Pencil grip
Olympia, WA
Joined Feb 2008
1,228 Posts
Congrats!

Let me know if you need help photoshopping out the string. I can do it in my sleep.

Beautiful model.

-Matt
hoffboy is offline Find More Posts by hoffboy
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Jan 2003
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffboy View Post
Congrats!

Let me know if you need help photoshopping out the string. I can do it in my sleep.

Beautiful model.

-Matt
Thanks Matt. I will let the editors a FSM handle the editing. I could use some help figuring out how to upload the video .avi file.

Thanks
Jim
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
1,075 Posts
ata-boy Jim!!!

Way to go, glad the second attempt worked out well. That's a great looking plane, something to be proud of....

Bill
Bill Smudge is offline Find More Posts by Bill Smudge
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Jan 2003
2,575 Posts
Will try one more time. Got an error message and was told I had to upload in the gallery forum. What should I do?

Jim
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Jan 2003
2,575 Posts
I was finally able to post some video in the gallery section. Here is a link. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23331056

I still could never figure out how all you guys do the videos in your posts.

Jim
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:32 PM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
Congratulations mate, a beautiful looking model, your right, they aren't for beginners, but once you pic up on their little quirks they are beautiful relaxing flyers.
have you got windows movie maker (free download) load it up into that, it's easy to do asimple cut and shut edit, save it, and then upload onto utube. it's not difficult, even a computer dummy like me can do it.

Cheers
Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:40 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,659 Posts
Jim,
Congratulations mate, a nice looking model that appears to have been worth persevering with.

Pete
PETERRAKE is online now Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Jan 2003
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumps View Post
Congratulations mate, a beautiful looking model, your right, they aren't for beginners, but once you pic up on their little quirks they are beautiful relaxing flyers.
have you got windows movie maker (free download) load it up into that, it's easy to do asimple cut and shut edit, save it, and then upload onto utube. it's not difficult, even a computer dummy like me can do it.

Cheers
Craig
What do you do after you upload to youtube?

And thanks for the compliment. I really like the way your He turned out also.

Jim