HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:49 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
Discussion
How to use Hobby King HD Wing Camera

If there is a thread on this already, please help me find it.

I bought a couple "HD Wing Camera 1280x720p 30fps 5MP CMOS" from Hobby King and they arrived last week.

Here's a LINKY to the ones I bought.

The cameras arrived with cables and that's it. No instructions, and there are at least 3 buttons, a switch and a rotating doodad...none of which are labeled.

Does anyone have a link to the instructions or a link to a thread discussing how to use these things? The Hobby King website is somewhat less than user friendly...at least...to this user it is.

Thanks.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:57 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
If you go to the wingcam link http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...MP%5FCMOS.html and then scroll down to the bottom of the page where users give their reviews you will find a tab called files. In there you will find the instruction manual. Also if you read through the user reviews you will find helpful tips
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Jun 10, 2012, 03:21 AM
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
The interesting thing is that in the Files section, the only manuals I'm finding in there are for a camera called the RD32, which is definitely NOT the one I bought.

EDIT: I read the RD32 manual, and it appears that it may be applicable after all, although it looks nothing like the thing I bought, the commands look consistent, so I'll play with that.

Thank you!!!
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:36 AM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
1) Press the button far from the lens for 2 seconds to turn it on (blue led). In a few seconds the vibrating motor will confirm that the camera is ready to go.

2) Select the mode using the same button:
Blue - record video
Red - photo.
Blue / Yellow - record video automatic with any camera move.
Red / Yellow - the same, but for photos.

3) Press the middle button to start/stop recording or to take a photo.

4) To turn it off press the button far from the lens again for 2 seconds. If you forget the camera on it will turn off after 3 minutes.

The camera was design to record with the buttons up, so itīs better to use it on the top of the plane.

Well, after recording you could watch the movies (avi) on your TV or computer. The computer is the only way to erase and copy the videos and you just need to connect via USB. It works very well on a PC or MAC.

Using a TV

Connect the camera cable to any Video Input on your TV. The default setting is for NTSC video, so no problem. You could change this and many other settings using the "cameraīs tv menu".

1) The button closer to the lens is a menu selector. Press it for 2 seconds and you bring the menu up.
2) Use this button and the middle one to select options. (DONīT CHANGE THE LANGUAGE UNLESS YOU LIVE
eyeinsky1 is offline Find More Posts by eyeinsky1
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
Thank you Eye.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:10 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,919 Posts
Is that normal for this video unit to not have cables, or instructions? been waiting for new stock. Lee
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
It has cables but no instructions.

You have to get them off the website posted by Stackey above. The instructions say they are for RD32, which is a larger waterproof camera, but I suspect it is the same camera, but in a waterproof housing. Anyway, those instructions seem to work, at least for the simple functions I'm using it for.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 05:59 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,828 Posts
push and hold the bottom button farthest away from the lens till it does a second brightness on the blue led let go and wait for it to vibrate. Then push middle button and it will vibrate again and the blue led will blink and now its recording.Reverse this and it is off. I would recomend a class 10 card.

Hope this helps.
For me and others this is a great cam as we have 4 .
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
I'm liking it as well. It's small, simple, and easy to use, and I'm pretty happy with the video from my test flight today.

Here's a link:LINKY
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:09 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
I'm liking it as well. It's small, simple, and easy to use, and I'm pretty happy with the video from my test flight today.

Here's a link:LINKY
holy crap that was a balistic launch
Not bad for $40 and I also like the 120 fov.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:12 PM
United States, NY, Syosset
Joined Apr 2008
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
Does anyone have a link to the instructions or a link to a thread discussing how to use these things? The Hobby King website is somewhat less than user friendly...at least...to this user it is.

Thanks.
Found This On You Tube. Answers Quite A Few Questions...

Hobby King HD Wing Cam - How to Use and Program Date Time Stamp (14 min 49 sec)
CherokeeFlier is offline Find More Posts by CherokeeFlier
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:11 PM
San Antonio, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
44 Posts
Hobby King HD Wing Camera

Thanks for the video, helps out a lot, I traded a motor for the wing camera from a member in my club, he cant find the audio video cable for programming, I would appreciate some help. What is the diameter of the audio video jack that plugs into the back of the camera? I'm going to check at radio shack for a cable.
Thanks.. Fred
rotovator is offline Find More Posts by rotovator
Last edited by rotovator; Aug 09, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
will not be 3.5mmit is 2.5mm.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Aug 11, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:08 PM
San Antonio, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
44 Posts
wing cam connector

thanks for the info...radio shack didn't have it...i'll check at altex later this week...thanks..fred
rotovator is offline Find More Posts by rotovator
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
any 99 cent shop has them .
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)