SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by sdueck, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 02:58 PM
I Wish I Was Flying...
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Nov 2006
679 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Sold
Carbon/Kevlar DLG Discus Launch Glider RTF - $400 OBO

As hard as it is to do this, I am going to be selling one of my DLGs. This plane was built by Jim Schoon out of Colorado Springs, and is bulletproof. The fuse is incredibly strong, and has zero flex in it.

This is the DLG that I won two local RMSA contests with. It is set up and ready to fly, with the exception of the elevator. On launch a while back, the elevator separated from the plane. Luckily no other damage occurred, because it still launched in an upward direction, and I used the flaps to control the pitch back to the ground. I have started the repair, and all that needs to be done is the elevator needs to be glued to the fuse and the pushrod reinstalled. The elevator servo horn is not pictured, but is included.

There has been no damage to the wing throughout its life. The rudder got soft in one spot on the bottom half of it, but a little CA and it is as good as new. This repair was done many, many flights ago.

It would be a great starter plane, due to its durability, or a good wind plane due to its airfoil, and slightly heavier weight.

I also have a spare fuse for it as well. It has never seen flight, but the nose cone has a little hole where it saw some hangar rash. It doesn't affect anything, and can be repaired if needed for cosmetic purposes.

I am asking $400 OBO for the DLG, and $75 for the fuse. I will let them both go together for $425 OBO. Local Pickup along the Front Range only.

If it really matters I can finish the elevator repair before handing it over. This way it just gives you the flexibility to repair it as you would like.

Thanks,
Scott
sdueck is offline Find More Posts by sdueck
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
I Wish I Was Flying...
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Nov 2006
679 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
DLG is sold. Thanks flyswithumb and RCG!

Scott
sdueck is offline Find More Posts by sdueck
Closed Thread