HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,994 Posts
It takes all kinds. A new low

Well it seems as though someone has been busy with social engineering. Guess the spotlight isn't a great place to be when you are called out, so instead of responding in an adult manner on either of his websites, Curtis has been busy calling around trying to get information on me. He's bombarding my phone numbers with calls. He's calling friends and family to let them know about me. He's called my workplace and threatened to bash my company and me, and he also has my home address, and wife's name and workplace, as well as my children's information. The good news, we monitor all calls, even the ones with phoney numbers that have been rerouted.

As I sit back and spend my lunch hour talking with security folks, law enforcement, and counsel, I can't help but wonder what drives a person who sells toys to go this far?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Jun 2009
4,994 Posts
I'm not even reading the below.
I am unintimidated by your threats below in any way, shape or form.
I have heard this schpeil before.
Last time, it was an attorney, who worked for Geico in Washington. He really WAS a lawyer, and he actually had access to legal staff. Guess what happened? He ended up removing his posts.
So, your bluff is called.
It's like this...
I don't control RCT, sorry. I don't recall ever saying anything about you on RCT, ever. I don't know you from Adam. If you have issues with the people over there, you take it up with them.
In the meanwhile, if you don't remove those posts, like, immediately, do keep in mind that if you feel it is OK to bash companies and people you do not know, based upon supposition and inference, well, others might feel the same thing could apply to companies like XXXX or XXXXX, and people like you. Fair's fair, right?
And I'd be reasonably certain that such posts would be pointed out to every single board member of those companies...I mean, if someone really wants to XXX up someone's reputation, it's pretty easy.
Takes only a few seconds to google up more complaints about either of those companies than, say, Easytiger Models. And someone could simply spend a few hours each day reposting those complaints, and adding some names to them, like, perhaps, even yours, or others. And make sure that the people upstairs know WHY that is happening.
I won't be hearing from local authorities, my ISP, or your attorneys.
Again, your bluff got called.
Be pragmatic...what do you get out of this? Nothing. What can you lose? A lot.
Suggest you take the easy way out, and just remove those posts, and then move on. I will remove the post with your name, and any other posts you find by me that you might find offensive. It's nothing to me.
What I did to XXX in your Cheerios, I have no idea, but you don't know me, and I did not know your name until I just Googled it up easily enough.
Just know this...the previous guy who did this, who coincidentally was also in the business, but much more highly placed than you, he responded with the same threats, and it just did not fly. After some hemming and hawing, he realized a simple fact...that A) what he had been doing was just plain WRONG and that B) the consequences were getting very painful and C) the easiest way out was simply to remove his posts.
So, consider that before you respond, and ask yourself:
"What's in this for me?"
The more TIME I have to spend dealing with this matter, the more upset I will be. You and I both have better things to do. So do the right thing and end it now.
Were you an actual customer with an actual complaint, that would be one thing, you could say what you want.
But this? No, not going to happen.
Thanks!
Curtis
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,654 Posts
I think we already understand what ETM is like. Please don't turn RCG into RCT.

That's all I'm going to say about that.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Jun 2009
4,994 Posts
Two very different entities.

This is a thread, like many others, that have been started to discuss a vendors record/business practices etc. It's moderated as needed by the appropriate parties.

I didn't start this or any other thread about this vendor.

Thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:16 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,654 Posts
OK. You're absolutely right, porcia. I'm unsubscribing to this thread. If anyone wants to ask a question about my experience with ETM, you can PM me.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:21 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Rcgroups admin's should filter ETM, easytiger, easytigermodels, and anything containing his business. He bashes this site and it's members constantly, so why not just pull his plug and existence from this site permanently? Why allow the easytiger shillfest to promote any of his products on this site. He does nothing to contribute to the hobby, he only gives this hobby a bad name!
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Easytiger openly admits he would love to have shills working for him, he also openly admits he understands, this is breaking the law. He stated in a post somewhere under one of his sock puppets, that a business is not in business to help customers, they are only in it for the money. Well, if that's his concept of running a business, do you really think he cares about you, the customer?
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,043 Posts
I'm closing this one.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Closed Thread