HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,847 Posts
Yep. He got me. I knew the company had a bad rap, but I didn't realize it was that bad, and it was like the last place showing a model I liked in stock. (And their site implied they actually were in stock) I think I'll do a new thread on the whole deal so people can get an idea of what's going on there. Plus it would be fun to open a 'Satisfied EasyTiger customer', and see how many there are, or maybe how many people will lie, I guess...

I opened a fraud case with my CC. I'll go make complaints like Sites suggested, too. If this is the treatment every customer gets, he should at least be out of business.
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Jun 2007
1,847 Posts
Well, I won't start another thread on them, i guess, but here's the story, as I gave it to the BBB:
On 05-24-12 I placed an order for an RC model aircraft which the companies website claimed "We are down to the very last few of these, there will be no more. Shipping time is about two weeks." This implies thay have them in stock. On 05-25-12 I received confirmation of my order. On my next credit card billing statement, I saw that my CC was also charged for the total amount of $223.

After a month, I had not heard anything from them, so I sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order on 06-26-12. I got a response that day: "Sorry about the delays, these are due in later this week..."

A few days go by with no word, so on 06-30-12 I send an e-mail requesting an update and expressing my dissatisfaction with the misleading information on their website and the lack of continuing communication. I asked if they physically have them in stock yet, and if not to just refund my money and inform me when they do get them in stock. I gave them a deadline of Monday (07-02-12) to reply.

Monday afternoon came and I still had no response before I had to leave for work, so I sent another e-mail saying if there was no e-mail from tham when I got back from work, I would start a fraud claim with my CC company.

That night I did have a response. "Sorry, we are out of the office today. According to tracking, these
cleared customs today and should be delivered tomorrow. Do you want to
wait, or do you want a refund? Either way is ok.
All the best
Curtis"

I had enough already, I couldn't believe anything they told me any more, and requested a refund on 07-03-12. I did not receive any response to that e-mail.

On 07-16-12, I checked with my CC and no credit or refund had been issued yet, so I sent another e-mail stating I expect to verify the refund had been issued with my CC by noon on 7-17-12, or I start the fraud claim process.

Their reply was: "We did attempt to refund your card when you asked last week. We are unable to, due to the transaction being over 30 days.
We can send you a money order today, will give you a tracking number later in the day when it is sent.
Thanks
ETM"

So I called my CC and checked if the 30 day limit was true. They said a vendor or business can issue a credit at any time, and they suggested I just start the fraud claim immediately, which I did.

I have not received the tracking number of their money order yet, as of 07-18-12, 4:30 PM west coast time.

The sad part here is, if they really are drop-shipping it from where-ever, and they told me on day one that this was the case, and then give me an ETA and keep me posted, and not charge my credit card until they have a product to deliver , I would have waited. Maybe he really did get the plane in when he said in the e-mail, but the site implied they have some, as stated above.

But the way it went down was like a bunch of misleading, or at least easy to misinterpret statements which in concert with the reputation they already have,(whether they like it or not, it's the reputaion they have created) led me to lose trust in them. Communication is the key.

And then to take so long and several e-mails for the refund, if it's coming at all, when they were extremely prompt at taking my money, do they really think they'll get repeat business? It seems ET sees customers as troublesome and a nuisance. If that's the way they feel about them, they will go away...
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:11 AM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Yep. He got me. I knew the company had a bad rap, but I didn't realize it was that bad, and it was like the last place showing a model I liked in stock. (And their site implied they actually were in stock) I think I'll do a new thread on the whole deal so people can get an idea of what's going on there. Plus it would be fun to open a 'Satisfied EasyTiger customer', and see how many there are, or maybe how many people will lie, I guess...

I opened a fraud case with my CC. I'll go make complaints like Sites suggested, too. If this is the treatment every customer gets, he should at least be out of business.
I sure hope you get your money back from this thief. He's obviously a very good liar, and the only thing he has going for himself. Keep us updated on how you make out! I wouldn't waste another call to this bum! Call your credit card company and do a charge back. Some other good ways to put that final nail in his coffin! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1559705
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Jun 2007
1,847 Posts
I already filed the fraud charge with the CC, and they said I can deduct that money from my next payment. (I'm one of those people who doesn't carry a balance.) Love the insurance that CC gives.

I'll look into your link. Thanks!

Still no e-mail with a tracking # for that money order, nor anything in the mail. Anyone suprised? I wonder if I've made the 'Bad Customers' list in the forum ET seems to frequent, that like Voldemort, supposedly cannot be mentioned by name here. It's about RC and they claim it's the TRUTH.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:07 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,608 Posts
A bit off topic, but a minor correction to a comment a few posts back: Most reputable retailers handle credit card transactions through what's called a 'gateway system', which processes credit card transactions for all credit cards anywhere, rather than forcing the dealer to connect individually with hundreds of different banks and credit card companies. If a dealer utilizes one of these gateway systems, there is indeed a time limit after which a transaction cannot be altered by a full or partial refund. That time limit for both PayPal and the various gateway systems is currently 60 days, and hasn't changed in years.
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Jun 2007
1,847 Posts
Thanks Bob, that is good info to know. In my case though, it was around 30 days, not even near 60.

And i have to wonder, do most reputable retailers charge your credit card before they even have your product shipped to you?

This leads back to the original problem with them: communication. If there was clear communication from the get go, I would imagine things could have turned out better. If they did not have them on hand and listed that on the site... if they could not deliver them within 2 weeks as shown on the site... if they were due in on a certain date... if they could not issue that refund... why didn't they communicate any of that in a timely matter? Why did they always wait until I contacted them? With all the internet scammers out there, one has to be cautious, and these things were all pointing in the wrong direction.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
30, 60, 90 or even 180 days, at the end of the day, your product is not coming. It's been proven, time and time again from the past victims, from this fraudulent seller. The terms from the FBI, easytigermodels is considered an internet scam (fraud). On the right side page from the FBI themselves, under common frauds, and finally under internet scams. You will find "Non-Delivery of Merchandise", is in fact, INTERNET FRAUD. http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud/
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:48 AM
Joined Jun 2007
1,847 Posts
Wow! So this morning I get an e-mail from them that my order status was changed to chargeback. A week after they offered to send a money order because the week before that.... Whatever. So I e-mailed them back saying not to bother with the money order since my CC already credited my account due to the fraud claim I filed at their suggestion. ( I was just calling to see if the 30 day thing was true.)

Tonight I get this response:
"According to our cc processor, you had already done a chargeback, while
simultaneously asking for a money order.
Our processor does not allow a refund beyond thirty days. Others may be
different.
We did also check, when you ordered the b70, there was a very clear
message in the listing that the planes were not in stock and were on
order. You simply missed it.
Everyone else who ordered one had received theirs.
Thanks
Etm"

I NEVER asked them for a money order, and check out the XB-70 page on their site, it still says 2 weeks delivery. (If they change it now, I kept screen-shots.) I don't know what list he's referring to that shows them on order. I guess the casual customer is supposed to know these things.

The text from their XB-70 page:
"Once again, we bust the barriers...it sports a single 70mm fan and outrunner blowing through a sexfircated exhaust. The mechanical retracts work perfectly. It assembles in just a few minutes, comes in plug and play form, with all electronics installed, 45a ESC, 5a BEC, all servos, etc. Uses a 2200 4s battery, and there is room for larger. Flight times are good with 2200. The plane has plenty of power and speed, and it's very stable, easy to fly and land. Length:1300mm/ 51 in Wingspan:800mm Flying weight:830g Motor:2750KV brushless motor Thrust:≥900g Battery:2200mAh / 14.8 V 20 C Li-poly ESC:45A requires 5 channels We are down to the very last few of these, there will be no more. Shipping time is about two weeks."

The link:
http://easytigermodels.com/index.php...roducts_id=139

And then there's the page on that forum that cannot be named here, the one that tells the TRUTH about RC subject matter. On May 9th, it said only 8 more of these planes left. Left in China perhaps? You'll have to find the site on your own, as I hear linking it from here will cause the internet to implode or something. Look in the Jets section.

I contemplated responding to their e-mail, but I can see they make the SNL pathological liar guy look like a saint, so I'm done with them. It looks like they get kicks out of aggrivating people. Works for places like Horizon Hobby.... NOT! How do these people stay out of jail? Searching around, it appears some people manage to get planes from them, but then many other stories are just like mine.

I'm going shopping at Banana Hobbies now...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Jun 2007
1,847 Posts
LOL! Just got another e-mail from ETM:

We received a shipment yesterday, on board were four extra B-70's, we did
not expect that! We also had one cancellation of last month's B-70 orders,
so we have a total of five here in stock in our New York warehouse, ready
for immediate shipment. First come, first serve, we should expect them to
be gone within a day, and we are offering them at a cheap price, too:

US sales only, please...

All the best
ETM
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
info@easytigermodels.com
This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.

Their sale price of $199 is gone. Was back at regular price last night for a while $289, now on another sale price of around $230 now that they (supposedly) actually have some. LOL! Anyone who get's one of these, you're welcome.

Funny how yesterday's e-mail told me everyone else who ordered one received theirs, and now they just received them yesterday. Either these people are outright liars or VERY bad communicators.

If you want to deal with a company that doesn't bother telling you what you ordered was backordered, charges your credit card 2 months before they get it back in stock, and lies to you repeatedly about when they will arrive, THEN makes up lies that you the customer was trying to stel from them, and that you just didn't notice the product said backordered on the site (I specifically paid attention to whether this item was in stock since they were out of stock everywhere I looked) here's a winner!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
LOL! Just got another e-mail from ETM:

We received a shipment yesterday, on board were four extra B-70's, we did
not expect that! We also had one cancellation of last month's B-70 orders,
so we have a total of five here in stock in our New York warehouse, ready
for immediate shipment. First come, first serve, we should expect them to
be gone within a day, and we are offering them at a cheap price, too:

US sales only, please...

All the best
ETM
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
info@easytigermodels.com
This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.

Their sale price of $199 is gone. Was back at regular price last night for a while $289, now on another sale price of around $230 now that they (supposedly) actually have some. LOL! Anyone who get's one of these, you're welcome.

Funny how yesterday's e-mail told me everyone else who ordered one received theirs, and now they just received them yesterday. Either these people are outright liars or VERY bad communicators.

If you want to deal with a company that doesn't bother telling you what you ordered was backordered, charges your credit card 2 months before they get it back in stock, and lies to you repeatedly about when they will arrive, THEN makes up lies that you the customer was trying to stel from them, and that you just didn't notice the product said backordered on the site (I specifically paid attention to whether this item was in stock since they were out of stock everywhere I looked) here's a winner!
Doesn't sound like Easytigermodels is busting any barriers at all, maybe in their own mind. They did not sell out of them at all! LOL
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:06 AM
Art Schmitz
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Jan 2012
392 Posts
There is a sucker born every minute................
lindart is offline Find More Posts by lindart
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I thought lindart's post was a good ending for this thread. But had a couple PM's
requesting it be reopened. So, it is now reopened!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Wow! So this morning I get an e-mail from them that my order status was changed to chargeback. A week after they offered to send a money order because the week before that.... Whatever. So I e-mailed them back saying not to bother with the money order since my CC already credited my account due to the fraud claim I filed at their suggestion. ( I was just calling to see if the 30 day thing was true.)

Tonight I get this response:
"According to our cc processor, you had already done a chargeback, while
simultaneously asking for a money order.
Our processor does not allow a refund beyond thirty days. Others may be
different.
We did also check, when you ordered the b70, there was a very clear
message in the listing that the planes were not in stock and were on
order. You simply missed it.
Everyone else who ordered one had received theirs.
Thanks
Etm"

I NEVER asked them for a money order, and check out the XB-70 page on their site, it still says 2 weeks delivery. (If they change it now, I kept screen-shots.) I don't know what list he's referring to that shows them on order. I guess the casual customer is supposed to know these things.

The text from their XB-70 page:
"Once again, we bust the barriers...it sports a single 70mm fan and outrunner blowing through a sexfircated exhaust. The mechanical retracts work perfectly. It assembles in just a few minutes, comes in plug and play form, with all electronics installed, 45a ESC, 5a BEC, all servos, etc. Uses a 2200 4s battery, and there is room for larger. Flight times are good with 2200. The plane has plenty of power and speed, and it's very stable, easy to fly and land. Length:1300mm/ 51 in Wingspan:800mm Flying weight:830g Motor:2750KV brushless motor Thrust:≥900g Battery:2200mAh / 14.8 V 20 C Li-poly ESC:45A requires 5 channels We are down to the very last few of these, there will be no more. Shipping time is about two weeks."

The link:

And then there's the page on that forum that cannot be named here, the one that tells the TRUTH about RC subject matter. On May 9th, it said only 8 more of these planes left. Left in China perhaps? You'll have to find the site on your own, as I hear linking it from here will cause the internet to implode or something. Look in the Jets section.

I contemplated responding to their e-mail, but I can see they make the SNL pathological liar guy look like a saint, so I'm done with them. It looks like they get kicks out of aggrivating people. Works for places like Horizon Hobby.... NOT! How do these people stay out of jail? Searching around, it appears some people manage to get planes from them, but then many other stories are just like mine.

I'm going shopping at Banana Hobbies now...
I found a post of Easytiger stating he had 8 of these on May 9th. Same month you ordered yours!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Jun 2007
1,847 Posts
I'm done with this already. I stated my situation and the facts as I saw them, that's just one more piece of 'evidence', if you believe anything out of ETM...

From reading through that forum's postings, I'm amazed how worked up people get about 'shills', posters who make up other identities for themselves, etc. etc..... It's like a bizarre sub-culture within the hobby that I want nothing to do with, and I'm sorry I got into that web at all just by ordering a plane, as I feel I've come eerily close to the RC underworld or something.

History.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:49 AM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I cannot imagine what you went through with the Easytiger scam. I agree 100% about being done with this, is why I closed the thread. The blackside is a very ugly place!

+2 History
Closed Thread