HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:48 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Jan 2007
36 Posts
Question
EASY OSD V1.5 vs v1.6 & usb programmer?

Hi,

I am looking for an OSD and am interested in the EASY OSD, however I can find little information on it.

If I understand correctly the full name is Cyclops Easy OSD, also called ceosd. Its being made by BEVRC.

On their site I see a v1.6, most internet shops sell 1.5 or even a lower version.
However I cant find any info on the differences, is it a hardware change or also firmware?
The only thing I can discover is that the current sensor went from 50A to 100A.

I also read that there are some problems with the mAh consuming readings are wrong for some people. Is this a problem for v1.5?

Also you can buy an usb firmware programmer for the osd. But where can you download the firmwares, cant find any info on the bevrc site or google for that matter.

Thanks

Ido
nosmo king is offline Find More Posts by nosmo king
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Jan 2007
36 Posts
Anyone here with ceosd experience?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:55 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,178 Posts
Only the Nova OSD have mAh reading bugs .. even in v1.1.
CEOSD is not made by bevrc... and the only firmwares you are able to download are v1.1 for the Nova osd ... v1.5 works great out of the box.
octane81 is online now Find More Posts by octane81
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Nov 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmo king View Post
Hi,

I am looking for an OSD and am interested in the EASY OSD, however I can find little information on it.

If I understand correctly the full name is Cyclops Easy OSD, also called ceosd. Its being made by BEVRC.

On their site I see a v1.6, most internet shops sell 1.5 or even a lower version.
However I cant find any info on the differences, is it a hardware change or also firmware?
The only thing I can discover is that the current sensor went from 50A to 100A.

I also read that there are some problems with the mAh consuming readings are wrong for some people. Is this a problem for v1.5?

Also you can buy an usb firmware programmer for the osd. But where can you download the firmwares, cant find any info on the bevrc site or google for that matter.

Thanks

Ido
Now Cyclops OSD vendors are offering three different versions, Cyclops Easy OSD(CEOSD v1.5),Cyclops NOVA OSD and FIRMWARE SUPER CYCLOPS.
I regret to tell you the CEOSD can't not be upgraded,The Cyclops NOVA OSD can upgrade via Flash and Upgrade tool for Cyclops NOVA OSD,I hope that can help you.
Thanks for your information,Have a good time.
wenney2009 is offline Find More Posts by wenney2009
Old Jun 11, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jan 2007
36 Posts
Thanks for the input. Its hard to find the correct manufacurer sometimes.

Weird thing is that with the usb upgrader is says
Used for Nova OSD and CEOSD to update the firmware if needed.

I did read people had mAh reading problems with the ceosd. On the bevrc site there's even a youtube explaining the problem has been fixed in v1.6