HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:40 PM
Locked and Loaded
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Feb 2011
74 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
seller

Seller needs to pony up the dollars...If not go after him !
warbirdfan1 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdfan1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:22 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,820 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethole View Post
I searched through the online forsale items, and looked for everyone who bought from the person around the same time i did. I saw a large number of things for sale by the seller. I PM-ed each person to ask if they had received their merchandise. Each person told me that they had received 'my daughter's in the hospital message'.

I saw this seller had been posting online for several days after completing sales.

This made me think the seller was trying to make a cash grab before junking his rcgroups account. It wouldn't be the first time someone who had be registered for a while 'ditched a bunch of buyers' at the same time.

If there's a legitimate medical problem, that sucks, but don't use a 'supposed' medical problem 4 days after a sale to claim to be a reason why you couldn't ship earlier.

Time for the seller to just refund the money, as has been requested by me through PMs, and via paypal.
It's a shame we don't think,(me included) to do this before we make a deal....I only buy from folks with at least a 35 TR,and I'm just too trusting,still.Following you statement might save us all some problems.You are right to notify Paypal.Good luck.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:55 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
650 Posts
Trader Rating: -1
Sad if the daughter story is true, but if not he should have picked a more original BS story.

What next, a loser family member figured out ALL of his passwords?

-Craig
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:07 AM
Registered Lurker
Joined Aug 2004
2,611 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
I received a refund.
Nethole is offline Find More Posts by Nethole
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I received my refund also. Not sure what to think about Sharon. He did not hesitate to refund my account. Thank's Nethole for the heads up.
Gkimbal is offline Find More Posts by Gkimbal
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
5 days?? Stuff happens.. I mean you could at least wait a week. I know it sucks but seriously.. Life happens guys. By all means, file the paypal claim, I would just wait a few before jumping to calling people scammers. At least he refunded your money quick, I mean he didnt scam you if you got your money back that fast.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:33 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Sharonx is a great trader, we all have lives outside of rcgroups and stuff happens. Some people just haveore patients than others.
I just waited over 3 weeks on an item to be shipped because the seller was going through personal problems, stuff happens.
I guess having kids teaches you patients.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
KK4BTL
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Feb 2011
219 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
I got the item I bought...no problems. I asked Sharonx about the issue and he said his daughter was in the hosp. But all was good with the sale. I trusted him and let it go.....got my item at a great price.

Sorry bout your luck....if you hadent asked for the refund....you might have gotten a great deal on some great stuff at good prices!

Dusty
dustydonnay is offline Find More Posts by dustydonnay