Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:51 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,713 Posts
Well, it ended up there is no extra latency. The servo outputs occur during the serial shift so the latency (only 500us anyways) was absorbed. Price should be $24.95. No release date... you know the rules.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:07 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,160 Posts
read: no downside...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:20 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Well, it ended up there is no extra latency. The servo outputs occur during the serial shift so the latency (only 500us anyways) was absorbed. Price should be $24.95. No release date... you know the rules.
If shipped internationally unregistered for $3, I'm interested.
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:52 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,713 Posts
That will never happen. After "losing" 1/2 of our packages going outside of the U.S. and having to re-ship them at our expensive, we opted to require a shipping means that can be tracked.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:00 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
I agree, and ditto with those new RXs with telemetry. C'mon Jim, where's the candy?
Had a long conversation with my buddy from Rochester last nite and it looks like he will ge going with the DX-18 seeing that there is no apparent end in sight as to when JD's new transmitter will be released.....

That's a shame....... he had been waiting and willing to dump the Spektrum junk to come on board with XPS......
JuanRodriguez is online now Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,713 Posts
Well, unfortunately for some we decided to take a 10 month excursion to do the James Cameron project.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post
Had a long conversation with my buddy from Rochester last nite and it looks like he will ge going with the DX-18 seeing that there is no apparent end in sight as to when JD's new transmitter will be released.....

That's a shame....... he had been waiting and willing to dump the Spektrum junk to come on board with XPS......
the way it is though, when the XPS3216 comes out, he could sell the DX18 and his receivers and end up with more equipment than he had with the DX18... possibly even two Tx's for buddy-boxing and more receivers, or $$$ in his pocket for something else. There's pretty much no doubt that the radio will soundly pound the DX18 with features and performance... what makes me laugh about the DX18 is the indeterminate latency of the higher channels, should only ever consider channels 1-12 as being usable for flight surface control... the higher channels are literally only for things where performance not an issue...
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:26 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
1,958 Posts
At least release the new RXs - PLEASE.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:27 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,713 Posts
We're working on it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:12 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
1,958 Posts
Thanks Jim!
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:27 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
That will never happen. After "losing" 1/2 of our packages going outside of the U.S. and having to re-ship them at our expensive, we opted to require a shipping means that can be tracked.
Just state that the risk is on the customer for such shipping options. Dimension Engineering ships BEC's for $1.25 and $125 units for $3. I admit I would hesitate to go for the last one, but not for anything below $30. I have received probably 300+ small orders (from HK, Japan, US) unregistered, and not a single one have been lost.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Just state that the risk is on the customer for such shipping options. Dimension Engineering ships BEC's for $1.25 and $125 units for $3. I admit I would hesitate to go for the last one, but not for anything below $30. I have received probably 300+ small orders (from HK, Japan, US) unregistered, and not a single one have been lost.

Fred
I agree .....
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:53 AM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
322 Posts
Agree +1
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:03 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,160 Posts
well, that's from the point of view of the customer... and maybe this is the select few of customers who have either never had a problem, have never screwed over an international vendor, or are cool enough to simply have accepted something going wrong as something they deal with themselves...

...but at the other end of the stick, is a lot more risk on the vendor. One alternative would be to jack the price up on all products and bake the expenses into the product itself so that shipping can be "cheap" or "free" and still be covered by insurance internally... or... just pass on the cost of shipping in a manner that protects the vendor.

The real problem is that there are many unreasonable people out there who do actually spoil it for everyone... there are also people who want to have their cake and eat it too (wanting the $3 shipping as well as replacements if it goes missing, etc etc), who again spoil it for everyone...
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:19 AM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
322 Posts
As Fred said, with shipping options the customer make the choice and click the box where he takes full responsibility in case of any loss what-so-ever. It is then his choice to risk losing on his expense a $250 or whatever amount order if he clicks the indemnity box.
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
Closed Thread