SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:25 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,889 Posts
Well, the flashing issue with the A9 is definitely our fault. That should not have been possible. I will look at that tomorrow when I get into the office. That really bugs me.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:03 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Well, the flashing issue with the A9 is definitely our fault. That should not have been possible. I will look at that tomorrow when I get into the office. That really bugs me.
I can only imagine.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:13 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
237 Posts
The end of this saga is that I have modules for both my Tx's. One new and one reprogrammed. Both show the telemetry as they are supposed to. Thanks Jim and crew. What I need now is the Rx's that are not flashable upgraded. Sending them to XPS soon.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:10 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,889 Posts
Good to hear that everything is working properly!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:56 PM
Joined Sep 2011
96 Posts
Throttle cut off

Jim, there has been a lot of water under the bridge and my memory is not what it used to be but will the new transmitter going to have a throttle cut switch? My A9 has throttle cut and it comes in handy when flying electrics and not having to worry about getting your fingers in the prop.
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:03 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,889 Posts
Any switch can be assigned as a channel lockout. This means that you could have every single channel affected by a single switch or multiple switches affecting multiple channels (or no channels affected). I do this already with my retract switch... so when the throttle hold is enabled, the retract enable also uses the same switch. It's not possible for the retracts to work with the throttle control disabled. This prevents those 'accidents'.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:43 AM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,134 Posts
In the case of the A9, it would be nice for that feature to stay in the touch display, rather than have a switch assigned, to prevent confusion. I can see myself flipping the wrong switch. With the icon and tones, it is clear throttle lock is engaged. I agree that this is a key feature of the A9.
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:56 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,889 Posts
Virtual switches are possible with the touch display.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:44 AM
Joined May 2002
244 Posts
Jim, on the DivBee modules what are the operating voltages?
do u have an idea of the price range?
Is one of the antennas a receiver and the other the xmitter?
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Virtual switches are possible with the touch display.
Jim, does this mean that you will seen an indication on screen that the throttle lock is on? On my A9 throttle lock shows up on screen......
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
Jim, on the DivBee modules what are the operating voltages?
do u have an idea of the price range?
Is one of the antennas a receiver and the other the xmitter?
DivBee spec is 2.5v - 3.6v, but it operates down below 1.6v just fine (with reduced power output) - no harmonics. Remember, the DivBee module is just an 802.15.4 (Zigbee) compatble RF module and so it is not the XtremeLink system itself. It just so happens to be used by the XtremeLink system for it's RF communications in our new products.

The DivBee modules are $28 each in single quantity. Both antennas are used for receiving, and either antenna can be used for transmitting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:31 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfedex View Post
Jim, does this mean that you will seen an indication on screen that the throttle lock is on? On my A9 throttle lock shows up on screen......
Yes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
Joined May 2002
244 Posts
isn't the DivBee module the RFU in junction with the Channel Expander if u want full range telemetry? or for XPS will there be another RFU and if so what will be its price and specs?
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:26 PM
Joined Sep 2011
96 Posts
Wow what a dream

Quote:
Yes.
Jim, you are not going to believe this....I have been thinking about the new radio so much that last night I dreamed that I got a new magazine in the mail, I opened it up and there an ad ad of the new XPS3216 that took up two two full pages! That is one awesome dream that I want to come true and I believe that before long it will come true. The throttle lock feature was the icing on the cake, now I am really getting excited about the release of this radio. It will have everything I am used too and everything else that i could ever want, now about those XPS golf shirts.......
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
isn't the DivBee module the RFU in junction with the Channel Expander if u want full range telemetry? or for XPS will there be another RFU and if so what will be its price and specs?
The DivBee module is a separate product that we sell in the Zigbee industry. This module is used on the RFU. We use to use the XBEE modules from Digi corporation.

The Expander has an auxillary interface. It can be used either as a telemetry port or even as an extra channel.

There will only be on RFU. It can output XtremeLink format, Spektrum format, Futaba S-Bus format, Multiplex SLRX format, or PPM format.

The Expander will accept any of those formats as well.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread