to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:35 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
United States, CA, Claremont
Joined Mar 2010
2,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Sorry, but we do not ever have advance orders. I expect them in mid-March, and available after secondary assembly, programming, testing, and packaging.
Got it - thanks Jim.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:04 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
How much are the expanders?
I am not sure what the pricing will be yet for each different size (channel capacity) expander. You will have the ability to mix and match RF units and expanders to suit your needs.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:18 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
I am not sure what the pricing will be yet for each different size (channel capacity) expander. You will have the ability to mix and match RF units and expanders to suit your needs.
why go to the trouble of making various sizes? Just make it so that a standard size can be cascaded, if at all possible, that is.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:37 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,919 Posts
Some people don't want 12 channels or 16 channels. There is no way to simply cascade boards together. So, there will be different expanders boards with different features. Some of the future expanders will have 9 axis flight stabilizers and such built in. By separating the RF from the servo driver (expander), it makes the expanders much more affordable and allows people to actually 'borrow' RF units from an aircraft without having to worry about re-installing an entire system, setup failsafes, etc.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:14 PM
Bazz
Swift Current, SK. Canada
Joined May 2007
85 Posts
Jim will these RF and Expander boards be capable of telemetry? It looks like they will replace receivers as we know them now? This setup is new to me and I'm not sure how they work.
Bazz is offline Find More Posts by Bazz
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:09 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret View Post
why go to the trouble of making various sizes? Just make it so that a standard size can be cascaded, if at all possible, that is.

10 is a good size, and they can already simply be Y'd together to get more channels/outputs... but the bigger units will have more toys... the gyros like Jim mentioned, but most importantly the auto-match™ servo matching for the giant scale toys (which is where the real party is at... well, the expander in itself is a big party, but the auto-match will be the after-party party )
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Last edited by theKM; Feb 07, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:12 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
Jim will these RF and Expander boards be capable of telemetry? It looks like they will replace receivers as we know them now? This setup is new to me and I'm not sure how they work.

the new DivBee based RF units will be telemetry
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:28 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,919 Posts
The expanders all have a telemetry input. The DivBee based RF can transmit telemetry data at full range. The Nano does not have super long range for transmissions (just reception), so it really is not a good option for telemetry - but you never know.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
244 Posts
Quote:
If the device is not found, then you are not putting the device into computer programming mode. To do that, push and hold the programming button (original receivers) or PROG button (transmitter module) or attach the jumper (Nano) and then apply power. Once the LED is lit, release the button (or pull the jumper in the case of the Nano). The device can now be accessed from the XDP software.
Okay, got that part. I am able to program the Rx for telemetry. Saved the change. My A9 does not give me any kind of indication of the Rx voltage. Still missing a part of the process? I cycle the Tx and Rx and nothing. The servos work as they are supposed to. Do I need another piece of hardware? (sensor?) Thanks again for your help.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:20 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,919 Posts
Just make sure that you set the telemetry type to be PC/Tx instead of PC only. That and a frame rate are the only two things required to enable telemetry back to a transmitter's display.

Telemetry was supported starting with v3.0, so the receiver's firmware should be fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:03 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,919 Posts
Made a lot of progress with the RFU coding over the weekend. It now supports over the air flashing (as well as serial based - more on that in the future), and data formats for Xtreme (XPS), Spektrum low-res, Spektrum high-res, Futaba S-BUS, and PPM. I am working on VBar (VStabi) and a few other formats.

The Expanders also support the same formats, so these will be available to other brands of radio systems (Spektrum and Futaba initially).
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:43 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
499 Posts
Quote:
Made a lot of progress with the RFU coding over the weekend. It now supports over the air flashing (as well as serial based - more on that in the future), and data formats for Xtreme (XPS), Spektrum low-res, Spektrum high-res, Futaba S-BUS, and PPM. I am working on VBar (VStabi) and a few other formats.

The Expanders also support the same formats, so these will be available to other brands of radio systems (Spektrum and Futaba initially).
That's great, Jim !!

We all would love to hear the progress being made on getting the transmitter to market as well......
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:44 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,919 Posts
At the moment, I am focusing 100% of our efforts on new receivers and expanding into other brand markets. Just about any type of 2.4GHz receiver can be used with our expanders. For those that are not already using the XtremeLink radio system, this is a stepping stone to get there.

I am adding SRXL serial format to the list of supported formats. That covers Multiplex, BeastRX, and Hott-SUMD formats.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:29 PM
Gotta Luv Gasser Helis..
Gold Coast, Qld , Australia
Joined Apr 2006
333 Posts
Now I just need you to work out how to get a telemetry display on my JR 11X Zero !!!! ( with a XPS module of course!!!)

My poor old JR 9X11 got too unreliable of late , so the 11X is a stopgap 'till the XPS Tx is out ......
_Peter is offline Find More Posts by _Peter
Last edited by _Peter; Feb 11, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Closed Thread