HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:05 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
I have used Windows 7 and Windows 8, as have other customers. In fact, the software is developed under Windows 7. The key is to really be in adminstrator mode, not in a secondary user mode... and to make sure that you have virus detection software off during the installation.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:11 PM
Gotta Luv Gasser Helis..
Gold Coast, Qld , Australia
Joined Apr 2006
326 Posts
Easiest way is to locate the downloaded file , right click it, then left click " run as administrator" ....
_Peter is online now Find More Posts by _Peter
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:07 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Did you enable the telemetry output in the receiver? This requires the XDP.
Will the expander / RF (can we just call this the new 10-ch RX) come with telem enabled? That would be nice so we don't have to fiddle with the XDP.

Also, when can we place orders on the site. I'm desperate for a 10ch
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:36 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
219 Posts
Okay, now my computer recognizes the XDP and Telemetry station but I don't have the option to set anything but servo travel. I see no telemetry button. Is that supposed to build into the individual receivers? My Rx's are about 18 to 24 months old. All were sent back for the latest upgrade. Can't remember when that happened. Maybe more than two years.

BTW, I went through the routine to make everything work and got nothing. I left my computer for about 4 hours and came back. I gave it try again and presto I am able to call up the programs and set the throws for the servos but nothing else. I think computers think for themselves.

Run as admin and turning off the virus protection must have been the answer. Although I am still not able to enable the telemetry.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Apr 2006
219 Posts
I have tried to download, again, the XDP software installer and get error message as shown.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:06 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
I have tried to download, again, the XDP software installer and get error message as shown.
obviously you are too close to sea level. Take a trip to the nearest hill.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:29 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
Will the expander / RF (can we just call this the new 10-ch RX) come with telem enabled? That would be nice so we don't have to fiddle with the XDP.

Also, when can we place orders on the site. I'm desperate for a 10ch
The new expanders have a RGB LED and a push button. You can make all of the changes using that instead of a XDP. They also can communicate serially, so I may make a serial interface cable option available as well.

We won't have the boards here until sometime in mid-March.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:33 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
Quote:
Okay, now my computer recognizes the XDP and Telemetry station but I don't have the option to set anything but servo travel. I see no telemetry button. Is that supposed to build into the individual receivers? My Rx's are about 18 to 24 months old. All were sent back for the latest upgrade. Can't remember when that happened. Maybe more than two years.

BTW, I went through the routine to make everything work and got nothing. I left my computer for about 4 hours and came back. I gave it try again and presto I am able to call up the programs and set the throws for the servos but nothing else. I think computers think for themselves.

Run as admin and turning off the virus protection must have been the answer. Although I am still not able to enable the telemetry.
After you put your receiver into programming mode, click on the FIND DEVICE button. You should see info about your device. Now click the button in the middle/bottom to CHANGE SETTINGS.

TELEMETRY is a big button on the right side of the display!

Telemetry is available ONLY for 8 and 10 channel receivers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:35 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
Quote:
Why did you download and re-install the software again?

You are back to where you were previously, needing to install in administrator mode and making sure any anti-virus software is disabled during the installation.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:22 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,307 Posts
Quote:
Win7 (and possibly Win8) is a bit strange. Even if you are an administrator, you have to right-click the shortcut and select "Run as administrator" to get the elevation.
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:59 AM
Joined Apr 2006
219 Posts
Quote:
Why did you download and re-install the software again?

You are back to where you were previously, needing to install in administrator mode and making sure any anti-virus software is disabled during the installation.
Grabbing at straws I guess. I am back to the point where I can click the "Find Device" button and when I do the search begins but the device is never found. I have several 8 and 10 channel Rx's and that is what I have been working with. I know that the NANO's don't do what I am trying to do.

I very much appreciate your patience and willingness to explain. I am sure the ultimate problem is my deficiency in knowing how some of this works. I can only hope that I will finally understand what I need to do.
Last edited by tholmes345; Feb 06, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:19 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
If the device is not found, then you are not putting the device into computer programming mode. To do that, push and hold the programming button (original receivers) or PROG button (transmitter module) or attach the jumper (Nano) and then apply power. Once the LED is lit, release the button (or pull the jumper in the case of the Nano). The device can now be accessed from the XDP software.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:32 AM
Joined Apr 2006
219 Posts
Quote:
If the device is not found, then you are not putting the device into computer programming mode. To do that, push and hold the programming button (original receivers) or PROG button (transmitter module) or attach the jumper (Nano) and then apply power. Once the LED is lit, release the button (or pull the jumper in the case of the Nano). The device can now be accessed from the XDP software.
Well there you go. It makes perfect sense now. That is for sure the part I left out. I will certainly give that a try tonight when I am back home. Thanks.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:08 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,071 Posts
Quote:
The new expanders have a RGB LED and a push button. You can make all of the changes using that instead of a XDP. They also can communicate serially, so I may make a serial interface cable option available as well. We won't have the boards here until sometime in mid-March.
Thanks Jim. I guess my question really was: will there be advance-ordering on the website before you get stock and approximately when would I go there to look for that.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:24 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,833 Posts
Sorry, but we do not ever have advance orders. I expect them in mid-March, and available after secondary assembly, programming, testing, and packaging.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread