SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:35 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,325 Posts
Discussion
got futaba gyro401 working BUT... a little UPDATE

Ok i have setup the futaba gyro401 to my devo7 tx and it is working,got the gear switch setup to switch from HH to rate, futaba S9650 rudder servo moves correctly when i tilt heli with gyro in HH mode goes both left and right. But it will not move to the left at all with tx rudder stick input ? Moves right ok.but no left rudder at all with the stick ? I have read until my eyes want to bleed and cannot find an answer for this problem. Any help ??

I gave up on the Devo7 TX and Trex ! No one knows where or even if there is a place to set endpoints on the thing. So money is a bit tight and thinking ill get this TX and RX. Any input on it ?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...992&aff=177626
fastfwd is online now Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Jun 26, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:47 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,723 Posts
First check, I think, is to plug the tail servo directly into your receiver's rudder socket, bypassing the gyro. That'll tell you if it's a fault with the radio or the gyro.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined May 2012
113 Posts
It may not mimic stick movement the way you'd expect in HH mode. you may need to test that in rate.
meep is offline Find More Posts by meep
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn View Post
First check, I think, is to plug the tail servo directly into your receiver's rudder socket, bypassing the gyro. That'll tell you if it's a fault with the radio or the gyro.
I will do that this evening,one thing i didnt do is plug it into rx without gyro. Thanks.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
It may not mimic stick movement the way you'd expect in HH mode. you may need to test that in rate.
It does the same thing in rate mode, no left movement on servo,i can reverse the rudder in TX and it will move to left but then no movement to right ?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
It does the same thing in rate mode, no left movement on servo,i can reverse the rudder in TX and it will move to left but then no movement to right ?
suggest you check few things.
1. for dev 7 tx, go to travel adjust menu, check and make sure rudder both end limit is 100%, i.e. L=100%, R=100%
2. not sure which channel you use for gyro sensivity, say channel 5, do the same check to travel limit
3. pop off the tail servo rod linkage and just left sevo horn on. test left and right rudder and see if servo horn move in both opposite direction. you may test in HH mode or rate mode. If tail servo works and moves in both way, it's your linkage setup and tail is not in netural position. follow manaul to adjust tail servo in neutral position and setup gyro accordingly.
let see what you find out.

s.p. what tail servo and rx model you used.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn View Post
Ok bypassed gyro plugged futaba servo into rx802 no left movement when i input with tx stick, and barely moves to the right ? think the servo is bad or could the rx802 which is for my devo7 tx not like this servo ??
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:13 PM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,723 Posts
Quote:
Ok bypassed gyro plugged futaba servo into rx802 no left movement when i input with tx stick, and barely moves to the right ? think the servo is bad or could the rx802 which is for my devo7 tx not like this servo ??
Don't be too hasty to blame the servo: A couple of posts ago you said you reversed the servo in your trannie, and it then moved to the right but not to the left. So, maybe it's okay but, as others have suggested, it may be some setting or mix in your trannie that's wrong.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
suggest you check few things.
1. for dev 7 tx, go to travel adjust menu, check and make sure rudder both end limit is 100%, i.e. L=100%, R=100%
2. not sure which channel you use for gyro sensivity, say channel 5, do the same check to travel limit
3. pop off the tail servo rod linkage and just left sevo horn on. test left and right rudder and see if servo horn move in both opposite direction. you may test in HH mode or rate mode. If tail servo works and moves in both way, it's your linkage setup and tail is not in netural position. follow manaul to adjust tail servo in neutral position and setup gyro accordingly.
let see what you find out.

s.p. what tail servo and rx model you used.
It is a futaba S9650 servo,the rx is a RX802 for the Devo7 TX. Plugged directly into rudder channel on RX bypassing gyro, still no left at all when input from TX stick. But what is strange is if i reverse rudder channel servo then goes to left but no right movement ? im looking at menus on devo 7 under revsw there is a gover? not sure what that is but it is set to normal.pitch is rev(had to to get right direction movement) gyro is rev.(gyro moves rudder correct direction when in HH mode and yaw it.)rudd is normal.thro normal.aile normal.elev rev. Now under travel adjust. rudder is L=100% r=100% gyro is +100% and -100% then there is that gover again +100% and -100%
Kind of wondering about that Gyro travel adjust ? And thank you guys for all the help and suggestions ! I have been reading and researching for about two weeks on this problem ! Reading so much i think my eyes are going to start bleeding
Last edited by fastfwd; Jun 08, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
It is a futaba S9650 servo,the rx is a RX802 for the Devo7 TX. Plugged directly into rudder channel on RX bypassing gyro, still no left at all when input from TX stick. But what is strange is if i reverse rudder channel servo then goes to left but no right movement ? im looking at menus on devo 7 under revsw there is a gover? not sure what that is but it is set to normal.pitch is rev(had to to get right direction movement) gyro is rev.(gyro moves rudder correct direction when in HH mode and yaw it.)rudd is normal.thro normal.aile normal.elev rev. Now under travel adjust. rudder is L=100% r=100% gyro is +100% and -100% then there is that gover again +100% and -100%
Kind of wondering about that Gyro travel adjust ? And thank you guys for all the help and suggestions ! I have been reading and researching for about two weeks on this problem ! Reading so much i think my eyes are going to start bleeding
when you reverse rudder setting, it reverse rudder channel output. It's not strange that work when you reverse rud setting.

I wonder if you plug the tail servo (and or gyro rudder connection) to rx in wrong way. you may try to flip tail servo plug 180 deg and connect to rx channel rx, see if it works.

If it still not works, I suggest you plug any cyclic servo (assume all of them are working before) into rx rudder channel and test. If cyclic servo response rudder stick correctly, it means your tail servo problem, may be bad.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,325 Posts
Quote:
when you reverse rudder setting, it reverse rudder channel output. It's not strange that work when you reverse rud setting.

I wonder if you plug the tail servo (and or gyro rudder connection) to rx in wrong way. you may try to flip tail servo plug 180 deg and connect to rx channel rx, see if it works.

If it still not works, I suggest you plug any cyclic servo (assume all of them are working before) into rx rudder channel and test. If cyclic servo response rudder stick correctly, it means your tail servo problem, may be bad.
I will try that,but there is an edge down one side of the plug and a matching slot for that edge to fit into on the RX,although the plugs seem to be well worn down on that edge.but at this point ill try anything,thanks for the input.

Well no joy on that, but i did hook up a different servo and it does the same thing ?? i am going to take the devo7 apart and see if that left rudder stick is messed up,as it feels looser when i push it to the left,like there is no spring tension like it has when going to the right.
Last edited by fastfwd; Jun 08, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,325 Posts
Quote:
I will try that,but there is an edge down one side of the plug and a matching slot for that edge to fit into on the RX,although the plugs seem to be well worn down on that edge.but at this point ill try anything,thanks for the input.

Well no joy on that, but i did hook up a different servo and it does the same thing ?? i am going to take the devo7 apart and see if that left rudder stick is messed up,as it feels looser when i push it to the left,like there is no spring tension like it has when going to the right.
WOW ! A little background here. i bought a V400d02 and this radio came with it. For a couple of months now i have been able to do nothing more than hover it, i remember long ago asking about not having any left tail movement on the V400d02,and just now i got it up in hover and sure enough it will turn right but any left stick and the tail stops spinning ! I think all this time i have been fighting with the V400d02 and now my Trex 450se it has been this freaking radio ! I am scared to take it apart now. i totally messed up the V400 that the radio came with trying to get it to fly,and bought another one without radio. So now im not sure Nitroplanes will believe me ! Got to be the radio as i have tried 3 different servos and none will go left plugged right into the rudder on RX.And now seeing what happens on the V400 ..What ya think of that ! ??

More info, i went out to hover V400, if i put all the trim to right there is it will hover and turn to the left,but tail still wants to go to the right,this is tail towards me. if i put the trim to center i have 0 left movement and tail spins to the right BIG time cant even hover it. what the crap ??
Last edited by fastfwd; Jun 08, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:

if you still have edge tab on futaba servo plug and match the rx, you won't be wrong. And you tried different servos plug into rx rudder change, I think it's your devo 7 tx.

My last suggest is to use new model memory from tx, setup and bind to your rx. test the rudder channel and see if it works. I think you may try this option already....
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,325 Posts
Quote:
if you still have edge tab on futaba servo plug and match the rx, you won't be wrong. And you tried different servos plug into rx rudder change, I think it's your devo 7 tx.

My last suggest is to use new model memory from tx, setup and bind to your rx. test the rudder channel and see if it works. I think you may try this option already....
im going to try a reset on the trex model in devo7 and start over,i have been told the rudder in travel adjust menu should be -100% for L and +100% for R but it wont go to - hits 0 and stops.
Last edited by fastfwd; Jun 09, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:22 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
im going to try a reset on the trex model in devo7 and start over,i have been told the rudder in travel adjust menu should be -100% for L and +100% for R but it wont go to - hits 0 and stops.
I don't think the travel adjust can go to minus as I know and recall my memory.