SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:06 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment but I just posted an example of dated comments.
How about this one?
Yes perfect.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
484 Posts
Purchases From Other Vendors ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
If HK is now dating all the reviews, great. Now simply restrict reviews to customers that are verified buyers and allow all buyers to post their review weather it's a 1,2,3,4 or a 5 crown review. Then the product reviews and ratings would be useful. Very simple fix. Of course the more research you do the better.
That's Great .. if HK is the sole vendor for a specific product offering. I have a lot of reviews on Amazon for items that I purchased through them .. but not always, and Amazon indicates "verified buyer" .. or not.

Now, I didn't buy this through Amazon, but wrote a review there for this ...

http://www.amazon.com/RIKON-10-345-1...cm_cr-mr-title

for two reasons .. it's an awesome saw, and to let Amazon know they are being out-competed. That was a plus positive review. I have a review on a rock rake .. landscape rake .. also not bought at amazon (Tractor Supply) which has a negative bent .. not quick-hitch friendly. So if your tractors don't have a quick-hitch .. no problema :-) If they do .. gonna have to do some mods.

Legitimate product reviews are invaluable for making our best purchasing decisions. As I said above .. I have no history with HK .. yet. I do have a basket full of props .. got stuck at doing grams for shipping from Washington State to California ... grams???
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68 View Post
That's Great .. if HK is the sole vendor for a specific product offering. I have a lot of reviews on Amazon for items that I purchased through them .. but not always, and Amazon indicates "verified buyer" .. or not.

Now, I didn't buy this through Amazon, but wrote a review there for this ...

http://www.amazon.com/RIKON-10-345-1...cm_cr-mr-title

for two reasons .. it's an awesome saw, and to let Amazon know they are being out-competed. That was a plus positive review. I have a review on a rock rake .. landscape rake .. also not bought at amazon (Tractor Supply) which has a negative bent .. not quick-hitch friendly. So if your tractors don't have a quick-hitch .. no problema :-) If they do .. gonna have to do some mods.

Legitimate product reviews are invaluable for making our best purchasing decisions. As I said above .. I have no history with HK .. yet. I do have a basket full of props .. got stuck at doing grams for shipping from Washington State to California ... grams???
I've purchased many items from Amazon. I have nothing bad to say about them. I found their prices and CS to be excellent. I checked out your review at Amazon and I noticed they allowed you to plug One of their competitors and list a price much lower than theirs. That would never be allowed ay HK. I then tried to post a 1 star review for that saw and the review went through immediately (NO CENSORSHIP) I did state in my review to disregard, that it was a test. If I had posted a terrible review customers would have just wrote it off because of the other 6 great reviews of the saw. I also noticed that their product Ratings show partial stars. HK always rounds up their ratings to the next full crown. That sure shows the huge differance between Amazon a very reputable company in the US and HK ??? operating out of China. Great Job AMAZON. Your right, LEGITIMATE product reviews are Invaluable. Thanks for posting that.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Aug 10, 2012 at 02:24 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
I've purchased many items from Amazon. I have nothing bad to say about them. I found their prices and CS to be excellent. I checked out your review at Amazon and I noticed they allowed you to plug One of their competitors and list a price much lower than theirs. That would never be allowed ay HK. I then tried to post a 1 star review for that saw and the review went through immediately (NO CENSORSHIP) I did state in my review to disregard, that it was a test. If I had posted a terrible review customers would have just wrote it off because of the other 6 great reviews of the saw. I also noticed that their product Ratings show partial stars. HK always rounds up their ratings to the next full crown. That sure shows the huge differance between Amazon a very reputable company in the US and HK ??? operating out of China. Great Job AMAZON. Your right, LEGITIMATE product reviews are Invaluable. Thanks for posting that.
Wait.. You wrote a negative review for a product you dont even own???????????
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:30 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Its ok, it was a test so it must be fine to do that. Me, I re-built the 1/8th buggy. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
484 Posts
Product Reviews .. Hobby King, and Others ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Wait.. You wrote a negative review for a product you dont even own???????????
Well this thread has evolved to encompass Customer reviews in general, including Hobby King. My Rikon review is actually understated .. the saw just plain kicks ass .. presently set up to resaw 2"x12"x12' salvaged OG redwood.

I have posted reviews on a couple of products that I don't own, because the specs were misleading or mis-stated. First example .. electric fuel pump for my loader .. doesn't need 35 gallons per hour .. more like ten gallons per day .. :-) Another, was Amazon grouping together hard drives by SATA version and brand, rarher than individually by capacity .. makes a Huge difference in reliability. Once you've gone to SSD .. ain't no turnin' back.

But .. these were 100% Legitimate reviews, posted to empower other customers to make purchasing decisions that bring satisfaction. Amazon doesn't stock the Rikon .. they just list it at MSRP and drop ship out of Massachusetts if they make a sale.

As near as I can glean, the concern with Hobby King is the Legitimacy of the reviews from the onset. Whatever the problems or concerns they may have precipitated, one can only hope that they come to embrace the standards of Amazon, NewEgg, BangGood, and the like. Happy Satisfied Customers always come back.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
It's the interwebs, you can't always believe everything you read.

BTW, I'm the King of Illinois.

You just read that on the interwebs so it must be true. lol
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franke View Post
It's the interwebs, you can't always believe everything you read.

BTW, I'm the King of Illinois.

You just read that on the interwebs so it must be true. lol
Dont you guys know the interwebs iz serious business?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:52 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
484 Posts
Back On Subject ....

In the "olden" days, there was an expression for a person in the crowd, that would echo the attributes of of a product or service advertised by the vendor .. and they were called .. a "Shill". Maybe selling Snake Oil, or Mining Claims.

So, the "interweb" as mentioned, will get this all sorted out. So, I guess, the "interweb" may be considered an extension of a vendors hosted reviews ehh.

And also consider, HK is just a reseller .. they don't make sheet. They advertise and sell .. period. Of course, China has a monopoly on this .. right? Nope. I ordered a pallet of "re-mesh" .. supposed to be 4' by 7' .. 10 gage instead of 9. Didn't get the 4' right, or the gage. nobody checked .. anything. 25 "sheets" went back to the jobber from the retailer here, cause the useful size was not as advertised, and neither was the wire diameter. And btw, here in the USA, American steel wire gage 10 is 0.135" and code is 9 gage.

With Hobby King, why is there soo much discord, as to product reviews?

I'll fund my basket with them, when they dial in their shipping software. I've bought a lot of stuff directly from China the last 4 months, alll with free shipping.

I saw a recent thread touting Hobby King .. working soo hard to operate within such "thin margins". My quote for 4,000 life cycle LiFePo04 batteries is usd $1.10 per amp hour. Meanwhile, you are paying how much per AH for puffy puffy burn my house down Lipos? Geese Louise ..

Granted .. the above quote is for Banks of 16 each 200ah cells .. I may have to pay some shipping .. TBN. These are obviously not RC batteries, but anyway you cut it, paying 10 bucks per AH for old burn your house down technology is not a thin margin. It is just marketing.

I expect that even the King of Illinois would hold some favor with the interweb product and vendor reviews.

Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:17 AM
on the edge
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68 View Post
also consider, HK is just a reseller .. they don't make sheet. They advertise and sell .. period.
Actually... Turnigy is Hobby Kings own brand. They don't make sheets but they do make Turnigy.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
TayNinh68, As you can see HK uses their product reviews and ratings as a marketing tool. Very Unprofessional. The HK vendor threads are filled with Obnoxious promoters that have no interest in discussing the topic in a intelligent mannor. They will misquote your post or spin it to suit their needs and then they use their version of what you said to discredit you. It's pretty disgusting. Their job is to promote HK and disrupt any thread that does not portray HK in a favorable light. They are being allowed to destroy this forum. Sad.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:58 AM View Post
franke
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while franke edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
484 Posts
Thanks for the Chuckle

Quote:
Actually... Turnigy is Hobby Kings own brand. They don't make sheets but they do make Turnigy.
Very well put .. gotta maintain a sense of humor around these parts, lest we take ourselves too seriously. As to the Turnigy branding, I have no opinion as I've not used any of them .. yet. If they perform satisfactorily and are priced competitively .. it's all good.

As to who actually manufactures them (Turnigy) .. that's a can of worms, and I don't care However, I have included a couple of attachment pdf's in a recent post regarding the A123 buyout story that you may find interesting ..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1708675&page=2

For sure, these baby battery Lipo's are pure gold for the manufacturers and retailers as well. Putting aside economies of scale for the moment, I can buy safer batteries (LiFeP04) with ten times the cycle life for $1.10 per AH .. fob China. No Way I'm gonna put 400 AH of LiPo's downstairs

Again .. thanks for the chuckle amigo ... sheets indeed
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
821 Posts
Quote:
It really gets old to hear that exact same gripe continuously. wah wah wah.

Build a bridge and get over it.
If KCV6 was banned as a troll what does that make the poster whose name we may not speak (Apparently ) with his entire post history consisting of teeth gnashing over HK ???

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Last edited by imgumby; Aug 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:18 PM
on the edge
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
TayNinh68, from what I read in the multi forums, the cheap Turnigy transmitters are all the rage. I wanted something pretty with bright colors so I paid out the nose for my tx.

And no Va jay jay, I didn't buy it from HK as they don't carry Walkera.

KCV6 is just on holiday. My co-worker I mean buddy will return soon. tee hee