HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by nicodh, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
Discussion
Naze32 Android app

Yet another bluetooth android app.

Yes it's another android apk.

It is 100% compatible with multiwii protocol but with the adition of Cli management.

You can download form the play.google market for free.

It's dev compatible, in fact it is up to date.

Everything is included, pids, radio, aux1-4 checkboxes, cli management, realtime graphs, realtime radio channels and motors.

The link for app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mlndXJhdG9yIl0.

And if you have no acces to the market I attached latest dev.

If you feel you want to donate please follow these. I will be very gratefull.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Enjoy.
UPDATE 1.44 version 54: Awake is now working as it should. You can choose between dim and full brightness in options.
You can get it directly if you don't want to wait for play. google to propose you.
http://naze32configurator.googlecode...nfigurator.apk

UPDATE 1.43 44: Some cli error on popup.

UPDATE 1.42: What's new? You can choose to use Pitch/Roll pid settings together or separate (Specially for tricopter, some hexa and vtail). In menu you will find a new button next to protocol. Choose between separate or unified (default).

UPDATE 43:
Added features like awake screen and bt shut down on exit. Some corrections on cli stuff, addition of map channel.

Soft coded the switch panel, should update automatically.
downloadble here:
http://tinyurl.com/8sa98rv

UPDATE 41:
Added + and - buttons to popups to fine tuning the values (sometimes it is very dificult to change them with the slider)
Correction of googlemaps link, now it should work with the gps data.

UPDATE 38:
Minor changes concerning the error on switch tab when not connected.

Now is possible to work offline (not connected to the board) with files. Remember to save the changed file before connecting to the board. The board data has priority so it will delete the changes on the tabs (not the file saved).

UPDATE 36:
Found some error on saving data to file. Now it does like a grown up boy. :-)

UPDATE 35:
Minor retouching concerning popups.
New feature: no more need to hit the write button when you change the switchs. Every second it will send the configuration.
The write button is now useless (it works of course but no need to use it)

Some corrections concerning the PID table (new cells)

In cli I added Mixer configuration.
I will do a clean Cli some day with the added settings.
Some graphs stuff corrected.

UPDATE 1.38 version 34
The cli has been revamped and changed to be auto populated. Some visual changes on cli (tabs separation of features and settings). All settings available now.

UPDATE 1.37 version 30
- Addition of battery level alarm. 2 levels available. Level 1 yellow, just display the value in yellow. Level 2 (critical level) it will beep and vibrate (if available) and red display. Levels settings are stored in a file so the settings are saved and read every time you start.
You have to stay on the bat view to alarm works.
nicodh is online now Find More Posts by nicodh
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by nicodh; Oct 10, 2012 at 02:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
Some news concerning the android AIO.

I found some bugs (read and save files) that made this not to work. I think I have fixed. It should be updating for you.

TODO: fix problem on the graphs view.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:13 AM
UAV Pilot
sweden
Joined May 2007
1,005 Posts
Cool - I DL it and will try it today
UndCon is offline Find More Posts by UndCon
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
If you encounter any problem let me know, and we will try to find the bug.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Thanks for the great app! I'm patiently waiting on my BT module before I can try it for real.

I don't know if this is a real bug, but when I run v1.39, and touch the switches tab, it replies with an error: "An error has occurred in sub: main_send_checkboxes (java line:315) java.lang.Runtime..........
(btw, I running android 2.3.6 on a samsung charge)

I just realized it's because I'm not connected, right? V 1.38 ran fine without connection. This makes me think that it would be cool to be able to read and write to file to enable offline pid profile work. Would that be difficult to do?

Thanks again!
Scott Wagner is offline Find More Posts by Scott Wagner
Last edited by Scott Wagner; Jul 06, 2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: incomplete post
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
Hi scott, in v1.39 checkboxes are sent every second, so you don't need to hit the write button or in case you forget. I will add a condition so it only work if the board is connected. I forgot that. So it's dead easy, expected change, in 5 minutes. :-)
As for working ofline, I think it's doable. I need to do some minor changes but is a nice idea. I will code it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wagner View Post
Thanks for the great app! I'm patiently waiting on my BT module before I can try it for real.

I don't know if this is a real bug, but when I run v1.39, and touch the switches tab, it replies with an error: "An error has occurred in sub: main_send_checkboxes (java line:315) java.lang.Runtime..........

I just realized it's because I'm not connected, right? V 1.38 ran fine without connection. This makes me think that it would be cool to be able to read and write to file to enable offline pid profile work. Would that be difficult to do?

Thanks again!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wagner View Post

Thanks again!
Easier than I thought, :-)
It's done. Go get it Scott. With the offline working enable. :-)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Awesome!

Thank you once again!
Scott Wagner is offline Find More Posts by Scott Wagner
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:02 PM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
This app is awesome. Vraiment bon. One of the reasons I went with an android phone and I do not regret it, even with android's shortcomings.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
Thanks!, merci.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:12 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Not sure if this thread is still active but I have a query.

I got the app to work the first time after installation, but on the next use it's failed with this message when I try to connect to the BT device on the Quadcopter.

java.io.IOEXCEPTION: Service discovery failed

I did the obvious reload of the app, but I got the same error right away.

Anyone know how to get past this error ?

Thanks,
Martin

PS. Should mention that other MultiWii type Andoid apps do connect OK every time, just not this one...
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:56 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
hello,
what version do you have, firmware and android app?

The problem you have is with the bluetooth. Are you sure you have it on? Can you send me the report of the error? Thanks.

I don't have any problem, i use it all the time.

Maybe you have an issue with interfernece, are you using the other softs in the exactly same place? I ask cause the problem does not seems to be soft related, sometimes you have interference with the bluetooth and you phone does not find anything.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:18 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Hi.

Details are Android version 2.3.6 and app version 1.46

I have two other MultiWii apps loaded that do connect OK (obviously not as nice apps as yours or I would not be trying hard to use your again) and I have this failure error message in the same location, so signal or interference would not be the problem.

I actually wonder if java on the phone got broken when running the app the first time (when it did work). I know very little of java or Android so this is just a stab in the dark so to speak...

You speak of a report ? If I can get more data I will, how is that done ?
Thanks,
Martin
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:20 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
Ok, you could do a screenshot when the error comes and put it here or send by pm to me.

You should try to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Maybe it will fix it.

I will t to make a new build (without any modification) and send it to you tonight or tomorrow.

And thanks for saying good things about the app.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:35 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodh View Post
Ok, you could do a screenshot when the error comes and put it here or send by pm to me.

You should try to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Maybe it will fix it.

I will t to make a new build (without any modification) and send it to you tonight or tomorrow.

And thanks for saying good things about the app.
I did uninstall it once, but again is no problem. Sure send anything and I'll try it.

Martin