HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:54 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Discussion
Do you just love em and leave em?

Are you guys and gals as bad as me? I can't seem to stay very long with the same winged gal. I see em and think about them daily staying up late after my wife is asleep to just fantasize and gaze at them knowing exactly what I would do if they were in my hanger. Then after a few good times I want another! I just don't give her any attention anymore. I am getting rid of my dream girl now that I almost tore her wings of after day after day at full stick. I found another "Piper" sweet Piper, my little Pawnee. I think with this one I'll be able to finally settle down and slow down, at least I hope so. I feel bad that I had em both in the same room when I took Piper's picture...Am I the only one, the loneliest number...? Dave/ZEE
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:48 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,398 Posts
At least she won't take the house and half of your superannuation when you diss her!
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:33 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
the mustang has to go? i would be glad to pay for shipping
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I know I said I loved the P-51 but to be honest I really wanted the Deuces Wild, but I didn't have the loot for a twin. I'm lookin...Dave/ZEE
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:17 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
Are you guys and gals as bad as me? I can't seem to stay very long with the same winged gal. I see em and think about them daily staying up late after my wife is asleep to just fantasize and gaze at them knowing exactly what I would do if they were in my hanger. Then after a few good times I want another! I just don't give her any attention anymore. I am getting rid of my dream girl now that I almost tore her wings of after day after day at full stick. I found another "Piper" sweet Piper, my little Pawnee. I think with this one I'll be able to finally settle down and slow down, at least I hope so. I feel bad that I had em both in the same room when I took Piper's picture...Am I the only one, the loneliest number...? Dave/ZEE
Dave; You need to spend more time with your wife, and less time in the hanger. Get her to take your mind off these terrible aircraft that have sent you into a tail spin Give her a chance, then go back to the planes, just a little R&R.
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:37 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,679 Posts
Do you actually build them or are they ARF's/RTF's? I find that I am much more attached to the planes that I build from a pile of wood.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,328 Posts
You need another hobby!!
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:18 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,644 Posts
A few years ago when I was addicted to Microsoft Flight Simulator, I was guilty of this. I must have had ... I don't know how many add-on aircraft in the sim. Every kind imaginable. Thankfully, most were free downloads. I'd fly one around the pattern, pick another, another..

Now here I am in RC, and I am waiting for my, umm, 11th plane to be delivered at my door. Not including my 3 heli's.

Though I must admit I haven't tired of any of them yet.
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Dec 2002
2,300 Posts
Hey now,
Although I have an extensive collection I find that when I find one I like I keep it around for years. I've got an old Mini Ultra Stick (mawdefieled) that I got when they first came out. I fly it almost every weekend. Right now it's on floats and I'm enjoying pond hopping with it. I've also got a well used Pitts 12e that's getting a bit ragged around the edges. Again a few years old but if flies almost every week. Some with my hopped up MPX Twister and Phase III EF16.
While I'm always happy to add another I find that if it flies to my likeing I'll keep it as long as I can.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:29 AM
Bicycle clown
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2010
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
Do you actually build them or are they ARF's/RTF's? I find that I am much more attached to the planes that I build from a pile of wood.
Agree. Don"t care about that wood though really. These days it seems RC-flying is just consumeristic performance for the most people.
"I bought this and i bought that" is just utterly boring topic. I could not care less what somebody has bought. If it"s scratchbuild, i"m interested.
Shuffle is offline Find More Posts by Shuffle
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:44 AM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,071 Posts
In the cold Nordic Winter nights. It's a pleasure to build my own model. But it's OK for me to have some ARF foam for training, or just a quick flight. After a while with tape and glue, I get a bit tired of the foam, and want something new. But I keep my Balsa build's.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Last edited by ArneHu; Jun 08, 2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:06 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,929 Posts
Dave - so you got it together! looks good. I can see that you have too much interest in new fresh tails. 1st you fall for the 1st red tail to come along, then you see a beautiful Pawnee with a nice set of tail wires, and off you go chasing that one. Now you are willing to kick that beautiful red tail to the curb! Shame on you! Keep a secret? I look a lot, and sometimes even fall victim just like you.

Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:48 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
992 Posts
Dave; I am ashamed to say, that between my wife and I we have more than 60 RTF planes in the house. I am in the finishing stages of a 56" Yak, and have a pair of the 3DHS edge 540s RTF, and a Sukhoi waiting on a new motor. Granted some of these are only indoor planes, and a bunch are for the GREAT outdoors (if the wind ever lets up) , and it is raining today ( no regrets on that). I have an iresistable desire to have planes that I could never afford before, and it HAS gotten out of hand. Cancel my PP PLEASE I still fly my very first foamie every time I get to go out, and it is my go to plane no matter what the weather. Roy Addicted since 1959, and married as long to my fellow pilot (Granny Slow Flyer)
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:46 PM
CA...gimme the CA...
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Jun 2005
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder View Post
I am ashamed to say, that between my wife and I we have more than 60 RTF planes in the house
And here I thought I was off my rocker for having 19...

But my wife isn't interested, and my 7yr old daughter hasn't caught the bug just yet...she just likes to circle endlessly and crash on the simulator.

The wife will not call this a hobby, she calls it an obsession.
whowhatwhere is offline Find More Posts by whowhatwhere
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:31 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,008 Posts
I saw you might want this

Sorry wrong thread
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 P-40b